Forty Kuwaiti Motorcycle Gang Members Arrested at Dawn in Pattaya

webfact

I live in the part of town where the Kuwaitis do. I was surprised to see this article today. Yesterday while walking some of them roared past me and for two seconds I thought of complaining

to the police. Then I thought that would be a waste of time. Also these kids are just having fun. They are not doing anything mean or illegal other than driving to fast. There are quite a few of them. When your driving if they are in the way a small beep on the horn and they quickly and politely get out of your way. Just young guys having some fun. And as we all know if you give a young man a motorcycle he is going to drive to fast. Just like me and you when we were that age

Yes, unlike Thai teenagers that if you beep your horn will stop and fight you.

Not quite what I would term either a motorcycle or a gang, just a bunch of over privileged kids on scooters thinking they can party as they are away from home, annoying yes, 1%ers no

These people should never have been let to progress from camels!

I have heard of coming to Thailand with a couple of close Buddies, but 40 of them? All from Kuwait! Besides maybe China and India, where else are you ever going to see that?

They are not even allowed to drink in their own country so maybe why they let off so much steam here. I can't says I blame them but they still have to respect other peoples right to quiet enjoyment and their property. Although not many late bars do in Pattaya anyway.

You can rest assured that whoever complained probably stayed their hand until they learned they were 'pesky foreigners'. Had they been Thai, they'd still be ripping it up tonight unchecked.....

Can't see many 'Motorcycles' there either...

Still I can't hear much difference between a bunch of kids on holiday from International School to those laughable 'gangs' of mid-life crisis jokers playing at 'Hell's Angels' in Pattaya either when they run by in the middle of the night.....

But wait a minute. You guys are always saying the police are bought so easily and yet these sons of wealthy parents were arrested.

40 rich families and the police still arrested them.

You guys are long overdue for a new paradigm.

Jesus you think they won't have to cough up the folded, get three times as much from mum and dad.

You can rest assured that whoever complained probably stayed their hand until they learned they were 'pesky foreigners'. Had they been Thai, they'd still be ripping it up tonight unchecked.....

Can't see many 'Motorcycles' there either...

Still I can't hear much difference between a bunch of kids on holiday from International School to those laughable 'gangs' of mid-life crisis jokers playing at 'Hell's Angels' in Pattaya either when they run by in the middle of the night.....

"Had they been Thai, they'd still be ripping it up tonight unchecked....."

So where do all the impounded Thai owned motorbikes come from?

It sounds like the same "logic" when people complain that the police never arrest Thais. So who exactly is it that's got the prisons over-flowing?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/932536-70-bike-racers-arrested-after-being-chased-by-police-and-soldiers-to-dead-end-on-rama-3/page-2?hl=%2Bpolice+%2Bmotorbikes#entry10973094

And here comes the Apologist Supreme with his faux Thai name and his utter ignorance off all things Thai...with no argument to make,.

Yes, had they had have been Thai no one would have called the police. That dek wairn have been pinched elsewhere shows that Thais are getting fed up. That such have been allowed to roam free for ages in other parts of Thailand shows you know nothing about Thailand or don't/can't follow Thai language media.

Edited by Merylhighground

You tube has some very skilled driving videos filmed from within Kuwaiti Street racers.

And some spectacular fatals too.

they race among the regular traffic. Some of them are very good. Many are just petrolhead dills.

You tube. Telly with wellie - love it.

Great job to the police.

These wreckless holligans are a blight on society.

If you lived here, would you welcome their behaviour if they were your immediate neighbors ?

My Thai neighbors have parties and funerals that go on forever, sometimes music on both sides of the property. So it is ok for the locals.

They wouldn't last long trying these stunts back in Kuwait City. A two week stint in a "rehab" centre would await them, which would include deprivation from camels and sheep (males of course).

I live in the part of town where the Kuwaitis do. I was surprised to see this article today. Yesterday while walking some of them roared past me and for two seconds I thought of complaining

to the police. Then I thought that would be a waste of time. Also these kids are just having fun. They are not doing anything mean or illegal other than driving to fast. There are quite a few of them. When your driving if they are in the way a small beep on the horn and they quickly and politely get out of your way. Just young guys having some fun. And as we all know if you give a young man a motorcycle he is going to drive to fast. Just like me and you when we were that age

i am sorry to disagree with you. driving is itself a dangerous practice and source

of annoyance to other road users.

this kind of of wreck less driving can easily turn into disastrous situations.

while deporting them for wreckless driving may be too harsh a punishment, punitive

fines are in order.

For the past 5 years I've been living right in the heart of where these Arabs hang out. They can be quite annoying going around with their motorbikes and cutting line in 7-eleven.

However, I must admit that for such a huge number of men, they are the ones that will cause the least amount of trouble out of any nationality I can think of. They apparently don't drink, don't molest passing women, I've never seen a fight. Apparently all they do is ride their bikes and sit in bars without alcohol, smoking the closest legal thing to shisha they can find. Usually no ladies around as well. Quite a boring way to spend a holiday IMO, but whatever rocks their boat.

But now, let's think of another situation: Imagine hundreds of men in their 20's and 30's from another region partying in Thailand. 

If instead of Arabs these guys were hundreds of tattooed Thai gangsters I would be very worried. Even more if they were Cambodians.
If they were those scary looking Africans that haunt Bangkok lower Sukhumvit at night I'd be really afraid as well.
If they were hundreds of shirtless drunk twaats from England the area would be doomed, fights everywere, no women would pass without being somehow abused.
If they were Russians I don't even want to think of how it would be. Probably the army would have to be called.

I think I've made my point, we complain about the Arabs, but we're actually lucky to have hundreds of them instead of any other nationality.

Edited by FarangFB

they werent actually caught doing anything illegal or anti social so its all a bit dramatic. they were caught for have modified exhausts on their bikes, and thats good and I hope they are fined for it

but lets be realistic, I never noticed these guys, the ones that piss me off are the harleys with no mufflers that are allowed to wake whole neighborhoods every night, but due to their police connections thats completely legal. I guarantee that if these young guys had harleys with modified exhausts and wore patches the police would never touch them

On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Junkyarddog said:

Their fun is our misery- and they know it.

8 hours ago, FarangFB said:

For the past 5 years I've been living right in the heart of where these Arabs hang out. They can be quite annoying going around with their motorbikes and cutting line in 7-eleven.

However, I must admit that for such a huge number of men, they are the ones that will cause the least amount of trouble out of any nationality I can think of. They apparently don't drink, don't molest passing women, I've never seen a fight. Apparently all they do is ride their bikes and sit in bars without alcohol, smoking the closest legal thing to shisha they can find. Usually no ladies around as well. Quite a boring way to spend a holiday IMO, but whatever rocks their boat.

But now, let's think of another situation: Imagine hundreds of men in their 20's and 30's from another region partying in Thailand. 

If instead of Arabs these guys were hundreds of tattooed Thai gangsters I would be very worried. Even more if they were Cambodians.
If they were those scary looking Africans that haunt Bangkok lower Sukhumvit at night I'd be really afraid as well.
If they were hundreds of shirtless drunk twaats from England the area would be doomed, fights everywere, no women would pass without being somehow abused.
If they were Russians I don't even want to think of how it would be. Probably the army would have to be called.

I think I've made my point, we complain about the Arabs, but we're actually lucky to have hundreds of them instead of any other nationality.

You have a very rosy view of the Arab visitors. What is the closest legal thing to Shisha? Marlborough?  Don't bother anyone? Hideous loud music in open air bars. Not drinking? Simply not true- they drink a lot! Not harassing women!? Well give them an award then! The only reason they don't harass girls in Thailand is they know they'd get beaten up- by the girls!. You omit their purient interest in ladyboys and young lads. I stopped going to the sky bar in Pratumnak because of groups of Arab men hanging out all day just chain smoking. 

Edited by The manic
Typo

When you refer to motorcycle gangs-----I really did expect to see photos of something a little larger than a 125 Honda scooter...etc..

............still maybe that's all they can handle

Edited by oxo1947