New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

But if you do a refresh they are in sequence again.

@MJCM  and @Tech Doctor   Yes...... so I later noticed but IMO the refresh should be dynamic when you leave the edit screen so i'm wondering if this occurs when 2 users happen to be editing the same post - I believe it's to do with "database locking" (?)

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

Just now, VBF said:

Yes...... so I later noticed but IMO the refresh should be dynamic when you leave the edit screen so i'm wondering if this occurs when 2 users happen to be editing the same post - I believe it's to do with "database locking" (?)

Good one, but but if there was a Problem with Database Locking, you would see an Error Screen with a lots of numbers and error messages, but I could be wrong :D

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Good one, but but if there was a Problem with Database Locking, you would see an Error Screen with a lots of numbers and error messages, but I could be wrong :D

Regrettably......so could I but just trying to throw some ideas into the mix for the DBAs / Developers to mull over.   I'm an ex Test Analyst - my job was to find bugs, not fix 'em! :whistling:

BUT...... I'm very pleased that I'm not the only one seeing the issue @MJCM

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

@VBF TD loves those suggestions as with a site like this he is open for every suggestion if it helps him clarify the situation to InVision  so (I think) he more then welcomes the suggestions.

Let him figure out what to send to the supplier as he is paid the "Big Bucks" and we are just volunteers :D

Edit: Constructive Thinking I believe it's called

Edited by MJCM

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

@VBF TD loves those suggestions as with a site like this he is open for every suggestion if it helps him clarify the situation to InVision  so (I think) he more then welcomes the suggestions.

Let him figure out what to send to the supplier as he is paid the "Big Bucks" and we are just volunteers :D

Edit: Constructive Thinking I believe it's called

My old man always said "Never volunteer for anything"  - time and again he's proved correct :(

18 minutes ago, VBF said:

My old man always said "Never volunteer for anything"  - time and again he's proved correct :(

The only thing I volunteer is my time and I have plenty of that (I HOPE) :D

Edit: What I mean in this context with Volunteering is helping Members to solve problems to the best of my ability. If I can't I happily forward them to TD :whistling:

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

This'll go on and on and not stop.

you need to  "Quantify". it's my suggestion.

you run all those mentioned functions and modules with different contexts and platforms and present those results in a graphical format.

you design your own test.  it's a time consuming task.

Edited by SattaheapSea

I've been trying for a half hour to get this reply box to open.  Finally it works now.  Before it just looked like this:
2.png

Also when I click on the preview button, the preview is totally blank.

Immediately after posting, I tried to edit but got the pop-up message "this post can no longer be edited".

And in general it's just about as slow as it possible could be without being totally down.

There's also some really bizarre behavior like resizing the browser window causes all the content to crowd-up at the extreme left and occupies only about 2-3 inches of browser space, while the rest is blank.  Sometimes resizing cases me to jump up to another post somewhere else in the thread.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I've been trying for a half hour to get this reply box to open.  Finally it works now.  Before it just looked like this:
2.png

Also when I click on the preview button, the preview is totally blank.

Immediately after posting, I tried to edit but got the pop-up message "this post can no longer be edited".

And in general it's just about as slow as it possible could be without being totally down.

There's also some really bizarre behavior like resizing the browser window causes all the content to crowd-up at the extreme left and occupies only about 2-3 inches of browser space, while the rest is blank.  Sometimes resizing cases me to jump up to another post somewhere else in the thread.

That reply box does it continually and rarely opens to allow a post on the computer linked to the broadband. It works perfectly everytime on 4G using the phone. It's something to do with connection speed.

Edited by Ronuk

2 minutes ago, Patsycat said:

How can i get the pages to be longer horizontally?  I seem to be reading only on 3/4's of my laptop screen.

Thanks.

Same on my 17 inch laptop, I guess the space is being reserved for commercial activity, if I scroll up on this page that space is already filled with pictured references to other topics and adds. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carib said:

Same on my 17 inch laptop, I guess the space is being reserved for commercial activity, if I scroll up on this page that space is already filled with pictured references to other topics and adds. 

How can i get the pages to be longer horizontally?  I seem to be reading only on 3/4's of my laptop screen.

Thanks.

So now i get my question and Carib's response on top of my question?!!

13 minutes ago, Patsycat said:

Thanks.

So now i get my question and Carib's response on top of my question?!!

@Patsycat That may be because Carib wrote his response at the top...... rather than the bottom......?

See attached screen capture before I corrected it - THIS response should be appropriately located beneath yours...is it?

To answer your and Carib's original questions, it may depend on the browser you use - I'm using Chrome and even without any extensions enabled, I'm getting most of the screen.

With the ScriptSafe extension - I get it all - no adverts and no wasted space :)

Capture1.JPG

Edited by VBF
Add detail and clarify

What goes on when someone writes a post without paragraphs?  It happens alot.

On my screen it will be a whole block of words.  

Two thirds of my screen i can write on.  The rest is a blank space.  To my right.  Blank.  White.  To my left, underneath my lovely ears,  blank white.

Fix it, it has nothing to do with our laptops or pc's.  As has been said we are all not on i phones.

I find it very odd.

I do hope that money didn't or  hasn't changed hands so as to revamp' and give birth to this new updated site.

A rebirth of Thai Visa ?

Yes and the site is now offering us all the attibutes and dubious limited delights and actions of a Zombie style creature.

Edited by shunter

13 minutes ago, transam said:

Is there a 'My Content" button yet, if so where is it...?:)

I have mine next to "Mark Site as Read", BUT you have to create it first.

Have a look under More-Activity - My Activity Streams

Edit: This should you get started

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/935307-new-site-feedback/?page=4#comment-11013331

Edited by MJCM

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

I still can't delete "OLD"notifications.

@MJCM   Bit confused by that comment (it is early here!)  :coffee1: Do you mean the "Default Streams"?  I don't believe you're allowed to delete them or if not, what do you mean?

10 hours ago, Patsycat said:

What goes on when someone writes a post without paragraphs?  It happens alot.

On my screen it will be a whole block of words.  

Two thirds of my screen i can write on.  The rest is a blank space.  To my right.  Blank.  White.  To my left, underneath my lovely ears,  blank white.

Fix it, it has nothing to do with our laptops or pc's.  As has been said we are all not on i phones.

I find it very odd.

@Patsycat   What is odd is that these problems only happen to some users not everyone. I'm wondering if some of our accounts have become corrupted. I've discussed another issue here with MJCM but only he and I seem to be affected (?)

Regardless of your comment above, it could be "to do with your PC / laptop" inasmuch as browser/ firewall settings can cause such issues - see my post 588.

Can we assume you're using Windows 7, 8.x or 10?

Have you told the forum what browser you use?  I strongly advocate Chrome, by the way.

Have you posted a screenshot of your issue so TD can see the actual problem?

Edited by VBF

25 minutes ago, VBF said:

@MJCM   Bit confused by that comment (it is early here!)  :coffee1: Do you mean the "Default Streams"?  I don't believe you're allowed to delete them or if not, what do you mean?

@VBF

No, not the streams but the Notifications, the ones you see when you click the "Bell" (3rd Icon from the right in the top right corner)

20 minutes ago, MJCM said:

@VBF

No, not the streams but the Notifications, the ones you see when you click the "Bell" (3rd Icon from the right in the top right corner)

@MJCM  Gotcha!  What I'm seeing is that on the "Bell" it notifies you how many UNREAD notifications you have. When you click on it, that  message goes away - you then click on "Show all notifications," you get a list of notifications in descending order, newest at the top. (See attached)

As you say you cannot delete old ones - ones you've not read appear to be in bold, however they seem to stay bold even after you click and read them.  @Tech Doctor   Is this a bug?

However, my notifications only go back to August 3rd so I think it may be desired behaviour??    @Tech Doctor   Would you care to comment?

Capture3.JPG

Edited by VBF
Typos