New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

Over the past several days, I've been getting regular occurrences where the ThaiVisa site or pages simply won't load for varying periods of time. Every time, I check my internet connection and it's fine, and I can load all other sites normally. But it's like the ThaiVisa servers are down/busy/not responding.

And I see RonUK and Thai3 posted above similar issues yesterday, though I haven't seen any answer to their posts as yet here in this thread.

Most of the time the page requests will simply timeout and say the server cannot be reached. But the latest was just 5 minutes ago. Popped up the following content on my web browser when I tried to load a page:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::real_escape_string(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:1959 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::real_es...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 1959, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(1959): mysqli->real_escape_string('cacheKeys') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(89): IPS\_Db->in('store_key', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(105): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->loadIntoMemory(Array) #4 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(152): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->get('cacheKeys') #5 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/AbstractData.php(121): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->exists('cacheKeys') #6 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(188): IPS\Data\_AbstractData->__isset('cacheKeys') #7 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(179): IPS\Data\_Sto in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 1959 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:385 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::prepare...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 385, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(385): mysqli->prepare('/*IPS\\Session\\_...') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(688): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Session/Front.php(300): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sessions', Array, true) #4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Front->write('elt6u1aej5ggha6...', '') #5 {main} thrown in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 385

Seems as though someone forgot to feed the squirrels. :whistling:

If this is improved, I'm having a hard time seeing it.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Forum seems to work fine now on Tapatalk and App (iOS), but noticed pages load a tad slower than usual on both platforms.

Tried the mobile version, the interface is a nightmare. I haven't found a way to sort by 'unread posts first' or timeline. Anyhow, looks like the site is getting back to normal.

Good luck.

45 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Over the past several days, I've been getting regular occurrences where the ThaiVisa site or pages simply won't load for varying periods of time. Every time, I check my internet connection and it's fine, and I can load all other sites normally. But it's like the ThaiVisa servers are down/busy/not responding.

And I see RonUK and Thai3 posted above similar issues yesterday, though I haven't seen any answer to their posts as yet here in this thread.

Most of the time the page requests will simply timeout and say the server cannot be reached. But the latest was just 5 minutes ago. Popped up the following content on my web browser when I tried to load a page:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::real_escape_string(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:1959 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::real_es...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 1959, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(1959): mysqli->real_escape_string('cacheKeys') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(89): IPS\_Db->in('store_key', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(105): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->loadIntoMemory(Array) #4 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(152): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->get('cacheKeys') #5 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/AbstractData.php(121): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->exists('cacheKeys') #6 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(188): IPS\Data\_AbstractData->__isset('cacheKeys') #7 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(179): IPS\Data\_Sto in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 1959 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:385 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::prepare...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 385, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(385): mysqli->prepare('/*IPS\\Session\\_...') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(688): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Session/Front.php(300): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sessions', Array, true) #4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Front->write('elt6u1aej5ggha6...', '') #5 {main} thrown in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 385

Seems as though someone forgot to feed the squirrels. :whistling:

If this is improved, I'm having a hard time seeing it.

Thats a DATA BASE error, well not an error but more like an over load...

This is due the data conversion in process, i noticed yesterday it was still processing the database, I don't know how much is left to go but i guess its got a few days left...

It maybe worth admin to remove the search permissions while its in process or maybe close the forum for a few hours at night and let the process run.

If your using a short cut then delete it and create a new one as the indexing is not the same as the old firmware..

sometimes you may get this if your using an old short cut:-

Screenshot at Aug 08 05-50-30.png

Edited by lanzalad
  • Like 1

Another thing I've noticed over the past week is VERY INCONSISTENT behavior when it comes to:

--posting links to prior ThaiVisa threads

--uploading and posting jpg image files

Re posting links to prior ThaiVisa threads, I'll copy the current/valid web address for a prior thread and post that into a current thread. About half the time, the system converts that into a nice looking snipped with the headline and first paragraph of text of the prior thread. The other half of the time, it just posts the web link only and does nothing with it.

Re uploading and posting jpg image files, I've had a lot of trouble any time I want to upload and include more than 1 jpg file in a post. A good portion of the time, both files will say they've uploaded. But one of the files will show up as blank in the little preview window, while the other will show a mini preview of the image. When I tried to insert the image that shows up with a blank preview, it posts only the weblink for the image, but not the image itself.  I've tried it multiple times, tried reloading the same image, and the problem still occurs. And there's no formatting or file errors or oversized issued with the images involved.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Amen Brother!!!!   And yesterday/Sunday was especially bad....and it still occurring today but not nearly as bad as yesterday.   

And when writing/reply to a personal message after clicking Save I usually just get the Saving....Saving....Saving..spinning wheel many times...and I may even have to close the web page and then go back to it to see if the message posted...."usually" (not always) it did. 

A similar thing many times happens when "posting" which causes duplicate posts.

All other sites, in Thailand and international, are zipping along as normal on my AIS Fibre 50Mb speed plan.  Yesterday I even tried using a VPN connection to Singapore where Thaivisa.com is hosted....didn't help the slowest/hanging/etc.  

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Another thing I've noticed over the past week is VERY INCONSISTENT behavior when it comes to:

--posting links to prior ThaiVisa threads

--uploading and posting jpg image files

Re posting links to prior ThaiVisa threads, I'll copy the current/valid web address for a prior thread and post that into a current thread. About half the time, the system converts that into a nice looking snipped with the headline and first paragraph of text of the prior thread. The other half of the time, it just posts the web link only and does nothing with it.

Re uploading and posting jpg image files, I've had a lot of trouble any time I want to upload and include more than 1 jpg file in a post. A good portion of the time, both files will say they've uploaded. But one of the files will show up as blank in the little preview window, while the other will show a mini preview of the image. When I tried to insert the image that shows up with a blank preview, it posts only the weblink for the image, but not the image itself.  I've tried it multiple times, tried reloading the same image, and the problem still occurs. And there's no formatting or file errors or oversized issued with the images involved.

All the above create problems as the database will be working 100% of the time and using 100% of the processing allocated to the server.

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

Amen Brother!!!!   And yesterday/Sunday was especially bad....and it still occurring today but not nearly as bad as yesterday.   

And when writing/reply to a personal message after clicking Save I usually just get the Saving....Saving....Saving..spinning wheel many times...and I may even have to close the web page and then go back to it to see if the message posted...."usually" (not always) it did. 

A similar thing many times happens when "posting" which causes duplicate posts.

All other sites, in Thailand and international, are zipping along as normal on my AIS Fibre 50Mb speed plan.  Yesterday I even tried using a VPN connection to Singapore where Thaivisa.com is hosted....didn't help the slowest/hanging/etc.  

anything you try to do at your own end will not make it any better and access the forum any quicker as its the firmware working local on the forums server..

Its got nothing to do with your speed or VPN's.. 

It will all be fine ones its done... in a few days....

Anyone how is quoting on old post with photos may or will get mixed up with photo's that have been processed to ones that still need processing.. as some of them at some point in the process will carry the same file names...

• Like 1

Hi 

No its the db locking at the moment which is causing the issue and one of the plugins caused sat and Sunday issues.

all images are now on cdn and indexing messages has completed.

indexing is now only running on posts and arrived posts around 20% completed.

TD

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi 

No its the db locking at the moment which is causing the issue and one of the plugins caused sat and Sunday issues.

TD

I had the same issue with one plugin but i can't remember with one... ... it could have been portal too.

If i remember the indexing processes faster than the rest..

I remember the members map created a load of problems... 

4 minutes ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi 

TD

So, in layman's terms for those posting here, do you want to hazard a guess as to by when the server problems should be resolved and the forum/system back to operating somewhat normally (instead of locking up all the time)???

7 hours ago, notmyself said:

It's all doom and gloom but all members can take away a positive regardless... the new structure does offer more space for advisements.

I should never have bought this 24" monitor. The 6" on the right are wasted.  default_rolleyes.gif

default_gigglem.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Hi 

TD

Seems like you double-posted there, @Tech Doctor.

default_biggrin.png

a min ago I got this gain. 

Try again
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::real_escape_string(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:1959 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::real_es...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 1959, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(1959): mysqli->real_escape_string('cacheKeys') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(89): IPS\_Db->in('store_key', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(105): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->loadIntoMemory(Array) #4 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(152): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->get('cacheKeys') #5 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/AbstractData.php(121): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->exists('cacheKeys') #6 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(188): IPS\Data\_AbstractData->__isset('cacheKeys') #7 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(179): IPS\Data\_Sto in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 1959 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:385 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::prepare...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 385, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(385): mysqli->prepare('/*IPS\\Session\\_...') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(688): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Session/Front.php(300): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sessions', Array, true) #4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Front->write('e6aoen6npcnkq99...', '') #5 {main} thrown in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 385

2 minutes ago, SattaheapSea said:

a min ago I got this gain. 

Same here. First there's no response, then that error and then everything works again after, in total, about 5 minutes.

I've a sneaking suspicion it's got something to do with this software update, y'know.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Same here. First there's no response, then that error and then everything works again after, in total, about 5 minutes.

I've a sneaking suspicion it's got something to do with this software update, y'know.

I  doubt if the major s/w migration is compatible with the new environment.   In this case, a new Linux server ,probably a better version, is too good for this php scripting.

Edited by SattaheapSea

"500 Errors" are Sever-side and IMO, some are to be expected with an update of this magnitude http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E500.html

" This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Updating a working site of this complexity is not a trivial job - trust me - I've done similar in the past. 

Edited by VBF

I keep getting notifications stating " somebody has posted on a thread I follow " but when I try and find it there is nothing after my last post.

I must admit , this new system is harder to follow then the old one.

On 8/7/2016 at 2:04 PM, VBF said:

@canuckamuck 

I've taken the liberty of screen capturing what you said above.

So Capture 1 is where you create a new stream (highlighted) 

Capture 2 you can see 3 icons in the new stream (highlighted) 

Edit stream title
Remove this stream
Set as your default stream

The last icon  will allow you to replace the default "View new content" at the top of the page  - see Capture 3 

Capture 1

Capture1.JPG

Capture 2

Capture2.JPG

Capture 3

Capture3.JPG

Thanks for the help, but why don't they get the tech guy out of bed and simply just add a "My Content" link as in the old forum?

Just now, ExpatOilWorker said:

Thanks for the help, but why don't they get the tech guy out of bed and simply just add a "My Content" link as in the old forum?

Because IMO this is much more flexible as you can create personalized views. And don't worry the "tech guy" hasn't seen his bed already for a couple of days ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kkerry said:

It's a rarity for any site upgrade to go smoothly but eventually it needs to be done, despite the if it ain't broken, don't fix-it audience.

Thanks again for all your efforts. :)

Yes, thanks for making the site harder to use and appearing full of adverts.

It's hardly an upgrade.

8 minutes ago, Seizetheday said:

Yes, thanks for making the site harder to use and appearing full of adverts.

It's hardly an upgrade.

Honestly if you get used to it, it is actually easier to use as you can add more Personalized Views then the old version. I agree that there are some issues that need to be worked at BUT I think the Admin Team is fully aware of them.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Because IMO this is much more flexible as you can create personalized views. And don't worry the "tech guy" hasn't seen his bed already for a couple of days ;)

In that case, send him to bed without supper!

Very few people need customized options, where you can view post made in leap years by blind elfs. On the other hand, my content is pretty useful.

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

In that case, send him to bed without supper!

Very few people need customized options, where you can view post made in leap years by blind elfs. On the other hand, my content is pretty useful.

Don't you think he wishes to go to sleep, but it's those pesky members that keep him awake :D

Very Few People need to be spoon fed also ;)

Edited by MJCM

4 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Don't you think he wishes to go to sleep, but it's those pesky members that keep him awake :D

Very Few People need to be spoon fed also ;)

If he keep up the good work, soon there won't be any members left to keep him awake.

Sadly, TV use extra long spoons at the moment.

Long Spoons.jpg

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

If he keep up the good work, soon there won't be any members left to keep him awake.

Sadly, TV use extra long spoons at the moment.

Long Spoons.jpg

I tend to agree with you BUT give the guys some credit, it wasn't an option to stay on the OLD version of the Forum as it was WAY WAY out of date, so they are doing everything they can to get the NEW forum up and running. And they have made in the week since the upgrade IMO great improvements.

Give it some time.

Edited by MJCM

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Honestly if you get used to it, it is actually easier to use as you can add more Personalized Views then the old version. I agree that there are some issues that need to be worked at BUT I think the Admin Team is fully aware of them.

Ok, thanks. I wouldn't know what a personalised view was if it hit me on the head, I'll come back in a month and see if it's improved.

4 minutes ago, Seizetheday said:

Ok, thanks. I wouldn't know what a personalised view was if it hit me on the head, I'll come back in a month and see if it's improved.

They are called "Streams" have a look under - More - Activity - My Activity Streams