New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

I don't have the time to trawl through all the posts in this topic, But...

I was having problems with the forum taking an age to go back using the back arrow in my browser, so I tried Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome. It was a bit faster, but I discovered that in Edge there were no "MultiQuote" or " Quote" links showing on the posts.

The one thing that really irritates me about the new site is the horrid little announcements that a new message has been added to a topic. They are disturbingly loud and they partially obscure the page. Is there a way to disable these? If not, I do think there should be.

40 minutes ago, crab said:

The one thing that really irritates me about the new site is the horrid little announcements that a new message has been added to a topic. They are disturbingly loud and they partially obscure the page. Is there a way to disable these? If not, I do think there should be.

To disable the Sound notifications, check here.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/notifications/options/

And disable "Play a Sound ... "

Don't forget to Click Save

• Like 1

I hope they can improve problems quickly,where's the Chiang Mai

Forum on the home page,just visited the CNX page and there was only

me and 2 other members online,the new owners have only had the site

for a few months and trying to improve it they seem to have broken it,

I hope the IT people can get things sorted out sooner than later ,so things

can get back to some sort of normality.

regards Worgeordie

28 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I hope they can improve problems quickly,where's the Chiang Mai

Forum on the home page,just visited the CNX page and there was only

me and 2 other members online,the new owners have only had the site

for a few months and trying to improve it they seem to have broken it,

I hope the IT people can get things sorted out sooner than later ,so things

can get back to some sort of normality.

regards Worgeordie

There is a bug in this widget bloack, it shows people actually looking at that page not the overall forum :(. I will most prbably remove it shortly as its pointless at the moment.

TD

More goodies from the TD:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later. 

Try again

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::real_escape_string(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:1959 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::real_es...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 1959, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(1959): mysqli->real_escape_string('cacheKeys') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(89): IPS\_Db->in('store_key', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(105): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->loadIntoMemory(Array) #4 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store/Database.php(152): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->get('cacheKeys') #5 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/AbstractData.php(121): IPS\Data\Store\_Database->exists('cacheKeys') #6 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(188): IPS\Data\_AbstractData->__isset('cacheKeys') #7 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Data/Store.php(179): IPS\Data\_Sto in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 1959 Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ErrorException' with message 'mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch IPS\Db' in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php:385 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'mysqli::prepare...', '/home/thaivcom/...', 385, Array) #1 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(385): mysqli->prepare('/*IPS\\Session\\_...') #2 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(688): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array) #3 /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Session/Front.php(300): IPS\_Db->replace('core_sessions', Array, true) #4 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Front->write('93or2m3r8ojovpe...', '') #5 {main} thrown in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php on line 385

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

More goodies from the TD:

An error occurred (500 Error)

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Old news default_facepalm.gifAlready been discussed a zillion times.

You do know the site is being reconstructed, right?

• Like 1

Likewise you cannot expect posters to; 

a) All be technical geniuses or; 

b  ) Read the solutions before they encounter the problems.

As Chris tarrant used to say, 'It's only easy if you know the answer', right?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

I don't have time to read through all the posts to see if I am the only one.... I'm using SAFARI as browser on a Mac... there is no Chiang Mai forum link on the main page and clicking on the LOCAL FORUMS banner does not take me to anything at all.... does nothing. No wonder there are so few new posts on the cnx forum.

As a matter of fact, non of the main banners work for me at all.

Great Job. I would say. Still love the site. I get hung up alot trying to access.  Get the Thaivisa site is down reload page. But in general. All is good. Job well done. Looking forwards to twelve more years of sarcasm and mainly useless posts on my part.Mods are great. Is She'll single?  Keep up the great work.

@Tech Doctor Here's a trivial one for you to fix on your afternoon tea break:

There ought to be a space character after "Location:" as displayed under peoples' avatars next to their posts.

Ditto "Gender:"        default_smile.png

Ooh, another one: the post "preview" is always bold. Why?   :blink:

[Firefox on Windows XP]

Edited by JetsetBkk
State browser and O/S

I am still getting lag when using the site, it sometimes takes 60/80 seconds to load a page and freezes quite a lot when posting replies.

Probably at least once a day I can not get on the site at all.  Possibly when you are working on it!?

I am still getting lag when using the site, it sometimes takes 60/80 seconds to load a page and freezes quite a lot when posting replies.

Probably at least once a day I can not get on the site at all.  Possibly when you are working on it!?

@Tech Doctor

The forum seems a lot more stable now.

But just in case you don't know, My Posted Content is only showing 1 item and that is from this morning, before that it showed a lot more topics.

Edit: This topic showed up as well after I posted this post. So now only showing 2 topics.

Edit2 : Pressing load more activity shows "no more activity to display" (See screenshot)

postedcontent.JPG

Edited by MJCM
Added Screenshot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tech Doctor said:

It does about 10% per day and there are 25 more tasks to go after this one. I cannot estimate the amount of time sorry

TD

For us non tech guys out here it is a worry......I personally am not posting as I normally do, stuff is to difficult, but many are happy about that..........:lol: