Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

They have always offered that service, but you need to deliver your passport to their office. Anyone can make a report for you as long as it isn't late.

You can obviously also use a courier to deliver the passport to them. But yeah this is not a big thing as you can get the service other places. Although TE won't charge a fee.

14 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

You can obviously also use a courier to deliver the passport to them. But yeah this is not a big thing as you can get the service other places. Although TE won't charge a fee.

I guess I will never understand why pp copies are OK when doing the report by post but when you use TE then you need to post/bring along the original pp. Doesn't make sense to me but ... 

26 minutes ago, DUS said:

I guess I will never understand why pp copies are OK when doing the report by post but when you use TE then you need to post/bring along the original pp. Doesn't make sense to me but ... 

No idea either i have never used that service. They don't offer it everyday either. If you bring it on whatever day you get your passport back a few days later. In this sense I found their way of doing it not the most convenient. 

I don't like being with out my passport for 3 or more days. 

Edited by anotheruser

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:26 PM, scubascuba3 said:

So for the 20 year Elite Superiority Extension, its 1m baht total? No annual fees?

How much would the annual visa/ 5 year renewal cost?

No annual fee to them, but you have to pay the 1900 baht at immigration for the 1 year extension process that apparently is still done.  That is kind of hidden although is mentioned in their website

Other than that, as you say, not hidden at all and well documented on their website. Plus: the extension incl the 1,900 Baht fee will only be necessary if you don't leave the country within 12 months. If you leave and return you will automatically be given another 12 months stamp. 

3 hours ago, DUS said:

And can’t this be done online, so why doesn’t TE do it while you wait?

On a related note, rumor has it that immigration is cracking down on people leaving the country who has no TM30 registration for the days they spent in Thailand (a fineable offence).

If you check into a hotel, this is what the staff does when they copy your passport, but if you stay in a condo, you have to do this yourself.

I have a secretary do this for me, I sent her photos of my passport ID + entry stamp via LINE and she emailed this to immigration (because their online system was down) and lo and behold, she actually got back proper confirmation numbers for us.

Imagine TE had a LINE account where you could do similar for 90 day registration, or better yet, tell them how long you will be staying in Thailand, and they’ll just automatically do it for you — perhaps they could even check (via the immigration system) if you are in the country, or when you last entered the country, so there would be no reason for you to actually tell them anything, only if you change your address.

Edited by lkn
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, anotheruser said:

No idea either i have never used that service. They don't offer it everyday either. If you bring it on whatever day you get your passport back a few days later. In this sense I found their way of doing it not the most convenient. 

I don't like being with out my passport for 3 or more days. 

I don't like being without my passport even while here in the States and not traveling.  As you know it is a very important document

Emailed them this morning in the same email thread to the same sales person I've been talking to a couple of weeks now regarding when they will send me my welcome letter and ID number (which was supposed to take 2-3 working days. Now on working day 6) as well as if they could confirm going to Chaengwattana next week on the 6th (as they said before would be the date).

The reply I got was addressed to a completely different first and last name then my own and also with the information that on the 6th, no staff is available to take me to the immigration and that it needs to be on the 7th.

I just replied asking if this email really was for me or not before confirming the immigration appointment.

From the start of this application I have been constantly needing to push for information and waited days before they managed to reply to my emails with simple questions. And mistaken my name completely in a 15 posts email thread doesn't give any plus points.

My current visa expires on the 7th so I really hope they will take me there that day and not after. Ironic if they asked me to pay 500 bath overstay if I were to go there on the 8th for example haha.

That´s annoying, jankan88. Completely agree!

I´ve mentioned earlier that their response times to emails are a bit hit & miss. Sometimes I get feedback within the hour, sometimes it takes them 3 days. As for the welcoming letter, same situation as for you. Was supposed to be 2-3 days and its now well over that time. Personally, I am not too concerned about a few extra days since I won´t need the visa before the end of the month. But yes, if I were you with your tight schedule and the permission of stay expiring on the 7th I would certainly be rather upset.

I am sure it will work out fine for you. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, DUS said:

That´s annoying, jankan88. Completely agree!

I´ve mentioned earlier that their response times to emails are a bit hit & miss. Sometimes I get feedback within the hour, sometimes it takes them 3 days. As for the welcoming letter, same situation as for you. Was supposed to be 2-3 days and its now well over that time. Personally, I am not too concerned about a few extra days since I won´t need the visa before the end of the month. But yes, if I were you with your tight schedule and the permission of stay expiring on the 7th I would certainly be rather upset.

I am sure it will work out fine for you. Fingers crossed!

Yes I have no doubt it will all work out and in the end, as mentioned before, its the visa Im after. The word elite I think raises many peoples hope but not to forget, this is still Thailand :)

7 minutes ago, jankan88 said:

Yes I have no doubt it will all work out and in the end, as mentioned before, its the visa Im after. The word elite I think raises many peoples hope but not to forget, this is still Thailand :)

God help you if you ever take a "VIP" bus. :) The Thais do seem to have a unique take on the meaning of some words.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

drop the prices by half and triple the subscribers

Maybe, maybe not! Maybe they would triple the memberships but increase their losses by doing so. So just asking for a reduction in price (again!!!) is .................

3 hours ago, jankan88 said:

Emailed them this morning in the same email thread to the same sales person I've been talking to a couple of weeks now regarding when they will send me my welcome letter and ID number (which was supposed to take 2-3 working days. Now on working day 6) as well as if they could confirm going to Chaengwattana next week on the 6th (as they said before would be the date).

The reply I got was addressed to a completely different first and last name then my own and also with the information that on the 6th, no staff is available to take me to the immigration and that it needs to be on the 7th.

I just replied asking if this email really was for me or not before confirming the immigration appointment.

From the start of this application I have been constantly needing to push for information and waited days before they managed to reply to my emails with simple questions. And mistaken my name completely in a 15 posts email thread doesn't give any plus points.

My current visa expires on the 7th so I really hope they will take me there that day and not after. Ironic if they asked me to pay 500 bath overstay if I were to go there on the 8th for example haha.

Yes, they're a lot slower than promised.  The famous line they gave me:

The entire process takes no longer than 14 working days.

Of course, I planned my trip back to Oz and return thinking that this was true. So 22 working days later, money paid etc and having returned on a visa exemption, I'm still waiting for the welcome letter. I'll give them until mid-next week, then I'll start making phone calls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

Surprised people are having trouble with the initial applications these days. It was a very smooth process when I signed up a year ago.

Maybe it still is for the majority of applicants? The fact that jankan88, newatthis and I are mentioning slow feedback processes doesn´t necessarily mean that everyone experiences the same issues. After all, not everyone reads and comments on TV. ;-))))

Edited by DUS

Just now, DUS said:

Maybe it still is for the majority of applicants? The fact that jankan88 and I are mentioning slow feedback processes doesn´t necessarily mean that everyone experiences the same issues. After all, not everyone reads and comments on TV. ;-))))

It's also true most people don't go online to comment unless it is a negative experience as well. 

Just now, anotheruser said:

It's also true most people don't go online to comment unless it is a negative experience as well. 

Exactly!

But the fact that it takes them a fair amount of time just to send out the welcome letter is somewhat disappointing.

• Like 1

Just now, DUS said:

Exactly!

But the fact that it takes them a fair amount of time just to send out the welcome letter is somewhat disappointing.

Agreed. If you are going to use them to help open a bank account I would keep this in mind. I would be telling them now I intend to open an account and to schedule an appointment. If you don't need one fair enough but just friendly advice if you do. 

4 minutes ago, DUS said:

Exactly!

Speak of the devil, it just arrived.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anotheruser said:

Agreed. If you are going to use them to help open a bank account I would keep this in mind. I would be telling them now I intend to open an account and to schedule an appointment. If you don't need one fair enough but just friendly advice if you do. 

Cheers! Luckily, I´ve got 2 accounts already so will not rely on them to open another one anytime soon. 

• Like 1

Btw, anyone know how to know exactly what kind of discount/promotion it is for each privilege at

http://www.thailandelite.com/#/privilege

Or does one need to call each place and ask what kind of deal they have with TE? Or does one have to ask TE what deal they have with each place? Both options seems like a hassle.

Because clicking on a privilege only gives information about that particular company.

**Read the terms and conditions. Seems like you gotta call TE. Strange theres like over 100 different privileges and calling and asking about each to check if its a good deal or not...well...(see attached)Capture.JPG.2bd52116643cd0f80ad7dce206692d80.JPG

Edited by jankan88
added info

1 minute ago, jankan88 said:

Btw, anyone know how to know exactly what kind of discount/promotion it is for each privilege at

http://www.thailandelite.com/#/privilege

Or does one need to call each place and ask what kind of deal they have with TE? Or does one have to ask TE what deal they have with each place? Both options seems like a hassle.

Because clicking on a privilege only gives information about that particular company.

Have no idea never used them. Every month you will get a member newsletter full of stuff you don't really want or need and special offers. Looking again it seems no details of the offers are given. They just show you a couple different places and tell you about them.

So it seems you have to contact them. Here is the link for June's exciting news for members. I can't tell you how excited I get at the end of each month looking forward to this in my mail box! 

As far as I know they have never given a price for anything. There was one event awhile ago for some super car being launched that looked fun. Again they didn't say how much it was so I never bothered to ask about it. 

http://www.thailandelite.com/#/tpc-news/detail/25

• Like 1