Multiple Entry O

This may sound like a ridiculous question but it could affect my planning:

If you apply for a multi-entry Tourist Visa, the last entry has to be made within 6 months of the Visa being ISSUED.

So if the Visa is stamped in the passport on January 1st 2007, it is valid for FINAL entry until July 1st 2007.

So far, so good. :D

What, does anybody know, is the situation for multi-entry "O" visas? I know they're "good" for a year but does the clock start ticking from the ISSUE date, or the date of FIRST entry into Thailand?

In other words is it.....

Visa issued January 1st 2007, Enter Thailand February 1st 2007, visa valid for last entry December 31st 2007 (1 year from issue)

OR is it.....

Visa issued January 1st 2007, Enter Thailand February 1st 2007, visa valid for last entry January 31st 2008 (1 year from first entry into Thailand)?

As I say, it may affect my planning - I'm getting closer to "decision day" :o

Thanks in anticipation!

All visas start when issued and expire when the date on them says they expire. You can enter on any date in between. Any entry will be for the full period allowed so if visa expires on Dec 31 and you enter on the 29th of Dec you will still be allowed to stay 90 days (for non immigrant visa).

All visas start when issued and expire when the date on them says they expire. You can enter on any date in between. Any entry will be for the full period allowed so if visa expires on Dec 31 and you enter on the 29th of Dec you will still be allowed to stay 90 days (for non immigrant visa).

Ah-ha! TBH, I don't recall seeing an expiry date on any of my former Tourist Visas - I shall look at my passport later when I get home.

Anyway, the trick (for me) will be to apply for the O as late as possible to maximise its validity time.

I was going to apply for it 6 weeks before departure but I'll leave it a while and hope to h*** that they don't move the goalposts in the next 2 months! :o

Thank you Lopburi3. :D