One killed and 20 injured in two bomb blasts in Hua Hin

webfact

32 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Trang is on the fringes of Thailand's deep south, where a low-level Muslim separatist insurgency had killed more than 5,000 people since 2004. Almost all the violence has been in the three southernmost provinces, which Trang does not directly abut.

..... 5,000 is low level.......

It is if you or your family are not directly involved

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, robblok said:

Oh he is just one of the guys that support your side who is waiting for war.. just like alive they seem to want war. They seem to relish in the idea of the reds planting bombs. Now that does say something about the red supporters. (not all of course)

For ***** sake give it a rest for 5 minutes will you

2 minutes ago, JustNo said:

wow this is a real shock, I live in HH and have done for 6 years. I have to take my gf to work in a few mins as she works in a bank at the market village, and there are bombs going off near the clock tower!! 

I advise a sickie or two until the situation is clarified somewhat

4 hours ago, davehowden said:

How do you "plant" a bomb in a flower pot (2) without anybody noticing?

C'mon! People are generally oblivious and unobservant. Too self absorbed. Too busy looking at their devices and playing Pokemon Go and FB. Not difficult at all, really. :coffee1:

4 minutes ago, JustNo said:

wow this is a real shock, I live in HH and have done for 6 years. I have to take my gf to work in a few mins as she works in a bank at the market village, and there are bombs going off near the clock tower!! 

It is as good a day as any to call in sick. Me, I would stay put for the time being.

22 minutes ago, Familyaffairs said:

Some group is deliberately trying to derail tourism; first Trang 2 days ago, then fake bomb alerts for Patong yesterday, 2 explosions in Hua Hin, and now, as yet unreported in English language media, in Surat Thani (home to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan)

The Surat Thank explosion confirmed by Thai press and reported in Channelnewsasia. Near police station. This make 3 blasts in just 2 days. I pray for Thailand and hope the police will get on top these incidents and apprehend the perpetrators promptly. 

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

For ***** sake give it a rest for 5 minutes will you

I am not the one talking about war and stuff... that is your side (some of them). Better look for fault there instead of here, posting crazy pictures (unrelated) and you blame me. Talk about taking sides. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I am not the one talking about war and stuff... that is your side (some of them). Better look for fault there instead of here, posting crazy pictures (unrelated) and you blame me. Talk about taking sides. 

I haven't a clue what you're on about, and I doubt many others have either.

As I said, give your obsessive allegations a rest.

As far as I know there is no evidence to identify who did it, Red, yellow of sky blue pink with orange spots!

30 minutes ago, Plutojames88 said:

Just minutes after I predicted more .....

This could be the first salvos the beginning of a civil war .

Be careful all folks within the country .

And those going please keep yourself aware of developments 

Get off Thai Visa then and go run the countries security agencies.

People that say this when horrible things are happening are sick in the head.

4 hours ago, shirtless said:

You would think the military could stop or prevent this Thailand you can forget high season.

Oh really, please tell how you think they could do that. Do you mean something like the UK military stopping the IRA making bombs?

Also, tourists will still come. One little bomb.

3 minutes ago, JustNo said:

lets see if I can convince my gf on that lol, she is not someone who takes many days off.. 

I don't want to cast aspersions on a woman I have never met, but going out in Hua Hin right now would be idiocy of the highest level. Your life is worth more than your job and the authorities do not need more people milling about and getting in the way. Again: Please stay put.

2 hours ago, pegman said:

To happen in Hui Hin it was likely a message sent to the authorities/nationalists. Much like the shrine bomb and earlier fire at/near Central World.

Speculate all you want -- NOBODY KNOWS what/who/why this work of the devil played out. Mourn the dead and be peaceful.

standard_sympathy.jpg

Edited by daftdada

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I didn't say the BIB are intentionally botching this investigation,  I did say Erawan though if you read it correctly.

I'm not sure about the govt not giving a hoot about tv as only yesterday I was assured this was a very public forum.

My comments weren't cynical and I'm sure that the international media will be interested as foreigners are involved.

Have you fired up the local media where you come from  ?

Don't be obtuse.  You said that BiB intentionally botched the Erawan investigation thus your attitude about what is happening in Hua Hin.  There was no reason to mention Erawan if you weren't attempting to slyly suggest that the same could happen in Hua Hin.  

what a shame,  it has come here as well ,this is one of the places i would or did think was safe from this kind of thing. You can say all you want about how corrupt this place is .  But there's is corruption every where. some country's just hide it better . As far as hurting innocent people to make a poltical statement is wrong every where . Its saddens me that it has come here to this peaceful city. My wife and i are very lucky ,we where in that area 2 days ago for a dinner and a few drinks and to play pool for a night out . 

to all who where hurt you have my  sympathy , rip for the poor street vender just trying to make a living.  I hope they catch those who did this , here and in Thang .  this  has no place here .  I feel lucky to be able to live in this country, Its is one of the easier places for a expat to live . Where you can live well for 1/2 the cost in usa , europe .  Its saddens me that people think that doing this will in some way benefit there cause . but in the long run , you are hurting your own people . and it wont , it will just cause any  Goverment to take more steps to protect there people and you will lose more of your freedoms ect 

well thats my soap box speech )))

Lets hope it is not the violent minority that are upset with the charter referendum results. They will certainly become even more of a minority if it is in fact them.

RIP to the victim and I hope the injured make a quick and full recovery. 

Just now, digibum said:

Don't be obtuse.  You said that BiB intentionally botched the Erawan investigation thus your attitude about what is happening in Hua Hin.  There was no reason to mention Erawan if you weren't attempting to slyly suggest that the same could happen in Hua Hin.  

I suggest you go back to the drawing board,  you're not very good at trolling or baiting but stupidity perhaps.

7 minutes ago, JAG said:

I haven't a clue what you're on about, and I doubt many others have either.

As I said, give your obsessive allegations a rest.

As far as I know there is no evidence to identify who did it, Red, yellow of sky blue pink with orange spots!

If you have no clue then read the post of plutojames a bit. Educate yourself before attacking me. (I have constantly said I dont think the reds did it) However your supporter seems to think they did it and revels in it. Posts unrelated pictures of the reds attacking. 

Edited by robblok