"Tom" shot execution style in rented room in Trang - killing mystifies neighbors

webfact

"Tom" shot execution style in rented room in Trang - killing mystifies neighbors

a5.jpg

Image: Sanook

TRANG: -- Police in Trang in southern Thailand were called after reports that a woman was shot dead in a rented room in the Wiankrapang Soi 4 area of the city.

Neighbors said they had heard one gunshot. In the back of a house cops found the body of a woman they named as Jiranan, 25.

She had been shot once in the head. She was siting on the floor wearing shorts and a t-shirt and her left leg was tucked under her body, reported Sannook.

Relatives of the girl came while forensics were processing the scene and said that Jiranan used to work as a cook at a hotel in Trang but was now unemployed. She split her time going to and fro from the SiKao area and downtown Trang. 

She was a "tom" (a woman who likes to assume the appearance of a man and usually has relationships with women). Relatives were baffled as to why she might have been killed.

A 15 year old youth nearby gave evidence that the deceased had been out earlier to an entertainment venue in the town.

Neighbors said that people of both sexes would visit the deceased's house frequently and at irregular hours.

The body was taken for autopsy. Forensics expected to discover the caliber of bullet that was lodged in her head and that this might give a lead in the case.

Investigations continue.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-12

4 hours ago, denkiblue555 said:

RIP, but sounds like a bit of a love triangle (although probably not really including love lol).

Possibly another Tom trying to assert her 'manly ego'?

Your two theories are based on what?

"She was a "tom" (a woman who likes to assume the appearance of a man and usually has relationships with women). Relatives were baffled as to why she might have been killed."

I'm baffled as to why her lifestyle choice is used in this headline. 

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

"She was a "tom" (a woman who likes to assume the appearance of a man and usually has relationships with women). Relatives were baffled as to why she might have been killed."

I'm baffled as to why her lifestyle choice is used in this headline. 

Anyone who can read between the lines would suspect that  Tom's lifestyle choice is a significant factor in her passing.

3 hours ago, tomwct said:

A "TOM" is the same as a Ladyboy but opposite sex. Most are butches!

Wrong.

A "tom" is a lesbian woman that identifies with her female gender but presents in a masculine way.

What you're talking about is a TRANSGENDER man ... a women that identifies as a different gender than her birth gender, and may be sexually attracted to women, men, or both. 

So many people ignorantly conflate sexual orientation with gender identity.

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wrong.

A "tom" is a lesbian woman that identifies with her female gender but presents in a masculine way.

What you're talking about is a TRANSGENDER man ... a women that identifies as a different gender than her birth gender, and may be sexually attracted to women, men, or both. 

So many people ignorantly conflate sexual orientation with gender identity.

I think Tomwct was just trying to make a simple comparison using opposites to make it easy. 

Ladyboy = Dude looks like a lady (Aerosmith)

Tom = Lady looks like a dude

But I appreciate what you are saying and I am happy for people to live and let live, whatever floats their boat. 

I wonder if police are considering the possibility that this killing might be related to the rash of bombings?

Southern Thailand location, sexual orientation of victim, "execution style" killing, neighbors "mystified as to motive," timing which coincides with the bombings makes me wonder.

Edited by Gecko123
Edited to flesh out reasoning

Just now, Gecko123 said:

I wonder if police are considering the possibility that this killing might be related to the rash of bombings?

Southern Thailand location, sexual orientation of victim, timing which coincides with the bombings makes me wonder.

Seems very doubtful. 

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Seems very doubtful. 

I don't know how you can be so sure, Jingthing.

The Orlando gay nightclub shooting was at least in part ISIS inspired, one of the bombing incidents occurred in Trang which is where this murder took place, and the "execution style" killing suggests the possibility that the killer might have had military/combat experience. With no immediate apparent motive for the killing, I would think this possibility should at least be considered.  

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

2 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Anyone who can read between the lines would suspect that  Tom's lifestyle choice is a significant factor in her passing.

I wouldn't.

Nor would I.  There are murders in Thailand just about every day for numerous reasons. 

13 hours ago, monkey4u said:

A harsh punishment for not having a " licka"   licence

Oh my, not only must I read about bombings down south, but in the midst of that I encounter what may qualify as a new low in posting by the ThaiVisa rabble.  A very classy statement indeed relative to the death of a young woman.  May those attending your funeral service be reminded about the above post and your empathy towards others as a reminder of how not to live life.