PM told media not to sensationalize bomb attacks

webfact

PM told media not to sensationalize bomb attacks

image-13-wpcf_728x409.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha on Friday urged the media not to sensationalize the spate of bomb attacks in several southern provinces which will only lead to public confusion and chaos.

Commenting the bomb attacks this morning, the prime minister indicated that the attacks might be politically motivated.

“Think about it. What happened during this period – starting before the referendum and now after the referendum. Why they (perpetrators) chose to do it during this period when the country’s situation is improving – the economy and tourism are improving?

“Who have wanted these things to happen in Thailand. Who are they? Find them for me,” said a stern-looking prime minister.

He also urged Thai people to stay calm, not to be over panic and to strive to become a good host for foreign tourists.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-told-media-not-sensationalize-bomb-attacks/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-08-12

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wise words. At least he didn't shirk his responsibilities and hide up north when things heated up and tell them this from his Facebook page.

The timing is certainly an indication that the violent minority being bitter about record tourist numbers as indicated by offical 3rd party entity figures is at work again to main, kill and create fear amongst their own people. 

Who can really blame the majority for voting for this charter after witnessing what this violent group is willing to do. If they had the vote again it would no doubt be a lot higher result for the charter.

Well done Prayut for standing up and speaking to the people.

"...which will only lead to public confusion and chaos."

In reality, will only lead to a reduction in tourism to the high end destinations. We all know what the priorities are here. More money in the hands of the elite.

As with previous attacks, despite there comments trying to make political capital, if they could in anyway lay these on TS they would do everything in their power to do it. Unfortunately there is simply zero proof of it and I am sure they have left no stone unturned in trying to make the proof.

"strive to become a good host for foreign tourists"

Meaning ; give them a racist tag e.g Farung, Jek, Caak, then rip them off and if they complain about it tell everyone that the Farung is making problem for the Thai people again.

"“Think about it. What happened during this period – starting before the referendum and now after the referendum. Why they (perpetrators) chose to do it during this period when the country’s situation is improving – the economy and tourism are improving?"

Prayuth asks the media to avoid sensationalizing, but then fuels the fire by making speculative, inflammatory statements?

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

As with previous attacks, despite there comments trying to make political capital, if they could in anyway lay these on TS they would do everything in their power to do it. Unfortunately there is simply zero proof of it and I am sure they have left no stone unturned in trying to make the proof.

Their paid propagandists on the net had this linked to TS with a story by 9 this morning. I won't post the link as I see it as total fascist propaganda. The TS haters who go as far as they do to attack him are really ill people.

23 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Sure it would be the best (for the government) if they could blame TS. I am not so sure they would fabricate evidence, but I agree 100% that for the current government it would be best if they can link it to TS. Especially after they just claimed a few days ago that the problems in the South are decreasing. 

I have no Idea who has done it but the two options I see are TS and the insurgents and for now my money is on the insurgents until proven otherwise. 

But whoever did it they do have a good organisation to have 8 of those bombs going off, I know too little about the insurgents if they could have pulled it off or not. 

41 minutes ago, Holy Cinema said:

Irony at its finest!

Yes why not downplay it all djjamie ? , 4 people dead so far and the day isn't over.

He doesn't do Irony.

He really believes what he spouts.

Extraordinary isn't it?

Just now, JAG said:

He doesn't do Irony.

He really believes what he spouts.

Extraordinary isn't it?

not really, this is the man who kept spouting off about the 15 pillars of democracy and the fact the PTP didn't use them, but fails to see the Junta knocked these pillars down and made a park out of them!! :D

1 hour ago, djjamie said:

Wise words. At least he didn't shirk his responsibilities and hide up north when things heated up and tell them this from his Facebook page.

The timing is certainly an indication that the violent minority being bitter about record tourist numbers as indicated by offical 3rd party entity figures is at work again to main, kill and create fear amongst their own people. 

Who can really blame the majority for voting for this charter after witnessing what this violent group is willing to do. If they had the vote again it would no doubt be a lot higher result for the charter.

Ever occur to you that everything he said is conjecture, and nobody knows who did any of this?  Who are the violent minority as well, mate?

I first assumed maybe the Muslim separatists, but that was without proof, just my thoughts. Are they a violent minority?

Or maybe you're talking about the  occupants of the North and North east who didn't vote en masse for your Juntas undemocratic charter. Of course! It must be TS!!

You support Prayut and the Junta, that is clear, but don't assume everyone on Thaivisa believes everything Prayut says.

Reminds me a bit of the apologists for the govt when the British kids got killed on the islands a while back.

1 hour ago, FourAces said:

"strive to become a good host for foreign tourists"

Meaning ; give them a racist tag e.g Farung, Jek, Caak, then rip them off and if they complain about it tell everyone that the Farung is making problem for the Thai people again.

Tourism

No doubt Thailand will suffer dwindling visitor predictions again. However, for once they should forget all about these misrepresented figures.

Peoples lives are much more important. 

Just saying .... 

Edited by ScotBkk

... too late the not-sensationalising...   aka SouthPark's "nothing to see here"

tooo many innocents have already been sensationally splattered

Edited by tifino

“Think about it. What happened during this period – starting before the referendum and now after the referendum. Why they (perpetrators) chose to do it during this period when the country’s situation is improving – the economy and tourism are improving?

It is doubtful things are improving or will improve for the average Thai.   The elites will be face down in the trough for the foreseeable future.   

The violence is wrong, and only helps the elites. 

1 hour ago, djjamie said:

Actually the majority did NOT vote for this charter, a minority voted for it, 16 million people out of 70 million is a minority. Now that people understand that freedom of speech and elections are still nowhere in sight and that Prayut may try to become a "continous" PM in the future then the "yes" vote would be even lower on a second referendum.

The timing is about the lady whose birthday it is today and about her support for Prayut. Economically tourism is one of Thailand's last stands, destroy that and Prayut's power will crumble and then the discontent will mount.

1 hour ago, brucec64 said:

"“Think about it. What happened during this period – starting before the referendum and now after the referendum. Why they (perpetrators) chose to do it during this period when the country’s situation is improving – the economy and tourism are improving?"

Prayuth asks the media to avoid sensationalizing, but then fuels the fire by making speculative, inflammatory statements?

He has to look as if he's on top of this so speculates as is the usual way.      A simple statement that there could be several reasons and every angle is being fully investigated isn't good enough,    doesn't sound decisive enough.

10 minutes ago, Hawk said:

The timing is about the lady whose birthday it is today and about her support for Prayut. Economically tourism is one of Thailand's last stands, destroy that and Prayut's power will crumble and then the discontent will mount.

based on what?

6 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

He has to look as if he's on top of this so speculates as is the usual way.      A simple statement that there could be several reasons and every angle is being fully investigated isn't good enough,    doesn't sound decisive enough.

... something more like:  "heads will roll" would be decisive

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Prayuth has failed the nation on this one. Soldiers everywhere and oppression, detentions, art 44 and endless other controls and he is unable to stop this?

Too busy with soapy bubble massage raids up north which seem to have been instigated by righteous external welfare agencies who appear to have taken over the role/control of the police.

I hate liars. Of course was it not done by terrorists. Since 2001, there were 17,000 attacks with about 5,000 causalities.

And when you read such an article, it doesn't make any sense.: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/08/12/string-bomb-blasts-strike-thai-resorts.html

9 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

I hate liars. Of course was it not done by terrorists. Since 2001, there were 17,000 attacks with about 5,000 causalities.

And when you read such an article, it doesn't make any sense.: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/08/12/string-bomb-blasts-strike-thai-resorts.html

In other words, Mr. You know-who must know more than the public are being fed upon,.....