Where to buy bleach

FonsFoods

Does anybody in Pattaya know where I can buy bleach and what the bottle looks like (place photo if possible).

It is just great for the bathrooms and windows.

I am not even sure if Thailand has it, since the Thais I ask have no idea what I want.

Thanks

Two young lads asked me where the nearest  laundry was las last week. They had a bottle of Haiter in their hands along with all their dirty clothes.

I said, "You do know that is bleach." They looked aghast and said, "The lady in 7-11 told us it was for washing our clothes."

I don't know what the difference is between the white, pink, and blue bottles is though.

Edited by phetphet

Just now, phetphet said:

Two young lads asked me where the nearest  laundry was las last week. They had a bottle of Haiter in their hands along with all their dirty clothes.

I said, "You do know that is bleach." They looked aghast and said, "The lady in 7-11 told us it was for washing our clothes."

I don't know what the difference is between the white, pink, and blue bottles is though.

Did you tell them to lob that away,   and get some soap powder instead ? :w00t:

Edited by onemorechang

23 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Just different fragrances I believe...the blue is no frangrance, yellow is maybe lemon, and pink is flowery.

2 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Just different fragrances I believe...the blue is no frangrance, yellow is maybe lemon, and pink is flowery.

I've tried all three. They all smell like bleach.:)

2 hours ago, tropo said:

I've tried all three. They all smell like bleach.:)

Ditto.  I've never noticed a difference in scent.  The idea that they may be different strengths is interesting.  Would like to know.

13 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Where to buy? just about every 7/11 or  Familymart

Typical one post wind up thread, everyone shold have to make 20 posts before starting a thread, the forum would be greatly improved

nah he is genuine. If you cant read thai you would never find it

On 8/14/2016 at 8:14 PM, wpcoe said:

Ditto.  I've never noticed a difference in scent.  The idea that they may be different strengths is interesting.  Would like to know.

I just chose them on what feels good on the day - pink, blue or yellow. I mix it up LOL.

Let's make this post a bit more useful. Would anyone like to estimate how many cups of this Haiter Bleach one should use in a large washing load of whites (top-loading washing machine). I go with 3 cups if the whites are dirty (looking yellow) - but that's just a very wild guess. Perhaps someone who can read Thai could translate the instructions for us.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2016 at 4:16 PM, onemorechang said:

Think they are slightly different strength.

i could be wrong, :wai2:

Wrong! They are all 6% sodium hypochlorite solutions...the difference being their scents (which to an average thai is the most important product attribute).

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

On 8/17/2016 at 3:04 PM, tropo said:

Let's make this post a bit more useful. Would anyone like to estimate how many cups of this Haiter Bleach one should use in a large washing load of whites (top-loading washing machine). I go with 3 cups if the whites are dirty (looking yellow) - but that's just a very wild guess. Perhaps someone who can read Thai could translate the instructions for us.

The instructions for use, in English and Thai, are printed on the bottles (at least for the Haiter brand).

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Wrong! They are all 6% sodium hypochlorite solutions...the difference being their scents (which to an average thai is the most important product attribute).

I'm not entirely convinced,  maybe they are different flavors

can you have a quick swig out all three and report back.  :giggle:

Only joking

and for all children on Tv,   dont drink bleach you may die from this activity :wai2:

Edited by onemorechang

Here is a bit of advise....go and find the bottle yourself in the store. Do not attempt to say the word Haiter.....This is one of those words the locals have that is rising falling backwards mid class low tone nonsense in their language.

No matter how clearly you say Hay Teh  the R is silent you will get nowhere. As a native English speaker I would have thought HAI could be Hi and TER is just that ter ! So more like Highter.......but no chance here....!!!

I had the same problem with Brasso.....They just kept repeating the word and looking confused and saying My Mee...No have.

I was at the point of giving up the will to live asking for this all over town. I eventually found a can of it in one of those crappy, sells everything hardware stores/shacks, and when I presented it to the locals they all said.  "Oh you mean, Bah Las soh  .....give me strength.

Best of luck with the bleach.....

12 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Here is a bit of advise....go and find the bottle yourself in the store. Do not attempt to say the word Haiter.....This is one of those words the locals have that is rising falling backwards mid class low tone nonsense in their language.

No matter how clearly you say Hay Teh  the R is silent you will get nowhere. As a native English speaker I would have thought HAI could be Hi and TER is just that ter ! So more like Highter.......but no chance here....!!!

I had the same problem with Brasso.....They just kept repeating the word and looking confused and saying My Mee...No have.

I was at the point of giving up the will to live asking for this all over town. I eventually found a can of it in one of those crappy, sells everything hardware stores/shacks, and when I presented it to the locals they all said.  "Oh you mean, Bah Las soh  .....give me strength.

May I suggest Lazada for all that hard to find/get stuff. I bought silicone spray on there and they have brasso... lots of it.

I have the same type of problem trying to get table salt in restaurants. It's just as hard to get trying the Thai word LOL.

Edited by tropo

16 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Assuming you have a cell phone and not a string and a tin can load the photo below on your cell phone and show the clerk at any 7/11 or Lotus.:wai2:

Haiter.jpg

22 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Tesco lotus sells Brasso.

it works fine on polishing the Prince Albert. :thumbsup: