Christmas Lunch in Patong

BigDamo

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, phuketjock said:

The Islander Restaurant just off Bangla road do a very reasonably priced traditional

Xmas dinner every year.

Is that place still going?

I used to eat there when I first started travelling to Phuket. The all day breakfast was good for a hangover.

43 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Is that place still going?

I used to eat there when I first started travelling to Phuket. The all day breakfast was good for a hangover.

Yes, the Islander was still open last time I ate there a few months ago. Very good pub grub at an affordable price. I recommend.

I remember a Christmas in Patong. A Christmas present of two young ladies in matching santa dresses.

I was like a kid on Christmas morning, and it was Christmas morning.

19 hours ago, chercheur888 said:

The OP was asking for the Christmas lunch and seems not to interested which restaurant is open or closed for HIS Christmas lunch.

Very simple, he did not ask for someone’s opinion about Phuket.

The OP asked, "Where will be serving Christmas lunch? Nothing fancy - A good bar will do." (in Patong)

I stand my my original comment. 

4 months out, it's hard to know which businesses, restaurants and / or bars, will still be open AND offering a Christmas lunch, in Patong. 

I would encourage the OP to bump this thread, as Christmas nears, for more timely information.

12 minutes ago, NamKangMan said:

The OP asked, "Where will be serving Christmas lunch? Nothing fancy - A good bar will do." (in Patong)

I stand my my original comment. 

4 months out, it's hard to know which businesses, restaurants and / or bars, will still be open AND offering a Christmas lunch, in Patong. 

I would encourage the OP to bump this thread, as Christmas nears, for more timely information.

Thank you. You too have an excellent day

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, BigDamo said:

Ok.... I want to avoid the posh hotel doo (which usually lack atmosphere) and go to a bar/pub which is good value and offering good food

Somewhere like the queen vic in Pattaya

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

"Somewhere like the queen vic in Pattaya" - there's no "Soi 6" in Patong like there is in Pattaya.  :smile:

10 hours ago, BigDamo said:

Ok.... I want to avoid the posh hotel doo (which usually lack atmosphere) and go to a bar/pub which is good value and offering good food

Somewhere like the queen vic in Pattaya

You could try the Irish Times pub in the Jungceylon complex.......folks say the food and selection is good and on my only visit I found it good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2016 at 4:41 AM, BigDamo said:

Well Christmas Day is not long now so wonder if anyone has seen any lunches being advertised

I have just been handed a flyer whilst walking round Jungceylon and it is promoting a Christmas day three course dinner at 950 baht plus VAT. It is at the Irish Times in Jungceylon and the menu is as follows: –

Starter: Prawn cocktail/tomato soup.

Main course: Turkey, glazed honey ham, chestnut stuffing, parsnip, Brussel sprouts, glazed carrots, baby peas, roast potatoes, cranberry sauce and turkey gravy.

Dessert: Christmas pudding, mince pies with brandy sauce.

I hope it is okay to post this, and I have nothing whatsoever to do with the Irish Times or anyone associated with it.

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

I have just been handed a flyer whilst walking round Jungceylon and it is promoting a Christmas day three course dinner at 950 baht plus VAT. It is at the Irish Times in Jungceylon and the menu is as follows: –

Starter: Prawn cocktail/tomato soup.

Main course: Turkey, glazed honey ham, chestnut stuffing, parsnip, Brussel sprouts, glazed carrots, baby peas, roast potatoes, cranberry sauce and turkey gravy.

Dessert: Christmas pudding, mince pies with brandy sauce.

I hope it is okay to post this, and I have nothing whatsoever to do with the Irish Times or anyone associated with it.

I tried it last year and, well, nothing special for ya 20 sov's but a fairly good portions and the roast spuds appeared to be the real item and not those dreadful floury preformed frozen items. No cheese board or coffee options included in the 3rd course either...Baby Peas and Turkey gravy?...hmmmmm...hee hee...

Like many Thai eateries here, the idea of good customer service is an alien concept and I cant say I was impressed but I suppose it is what it is. Repeat customers anyone?

7 hours ago, billythehat said:

I tried it last year and, well, nothing special for ya 20 sov's but a fairly good portions and the roast spuds appeared to be the real item and not those dreadful floury preformed frozen items. No cheese board or coffee options included in the 3rd course either...Baby Peas and Turkey gravy?...hmmmmm...hee hee...

Like many Thai eateries here, the idea of good customer service is an alien concept and I cant say I was impressed but I suppose it is what it is. Repeat customers anyone?

Never been to the irish times for a christmas meal but have tried their sunday roast and found it excellent value compared to the competition 

Plenty of the resorts supply a Xmas lunch/dinner at 2000/3500 baht which is what you would pay to eat Xmas lunch in most western country restaurants at xmas time