Caught stealing from an accident victim - motorcycle taxi man admits ten similar offences

webfact

Caught stealing from an accident victim - motorcycle taxi man admits ten similar offences

p3.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK: -- A motorcycle taxi rider pretending to be a good Samaritan at an accident scene was caught in a photograph lifting money from a victim's wallet.

He was soon arrested by police and admitted that he had done things like this ten times before.

The picture was posted on the "Koo Cheep Koo Phai" Facebook page by Por Teck Tung medics who has been helping three victims of a motorcycle accident on Saturday outside the Tipko building on Rama 6 Road in Bangkok.

When one of the victims got to hospital they realized they had lost money from their wallet and some riding gloves.

But the picture proved to be great evidence.

Bang Seu police soon arrested the rider who admitted to ten similar offences in the past.

Sanook.com did not report what happened to the rider.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-15

same thing happened to the woman who died in the Hua Hin bombing.

Her cellphone and wallet with ID was stolen while she lay dying and she was misidentified as someone else.

Only a few days later her bother went to the police because she was missing.

And she was a mother as well. Cowards.

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

This is a common occurrence. Most of the time it's done in a more uniformed manner........

Judging by the number of times it is reported (i.e. none that I can recall) it is not a common occurrence.  What is common is posters make unjustified comments purely in order to bash Thais.

Mick the Hammer was a friend of mine. A well trained UK paramedic.  Who worked here in his professional capacity. Me being a semi old cranky Dr. We had alot of stories to swap.One of the things he detested was the robbing of the about to die victims of accidents. 

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

Judging by the number of times it is reported (i.e. none that I can recall) it is not a common occurrence.  What is common is posters make unjustified comments purely in order to bash Thais.

First time I heard this was in 1984 on Sukhumvit road, the guy was not caught but the accident victim was a farang who lost money and passport, I can think of at least 10-15 other times this has been reported in Bangkok alone over the years, So, it does happen.

cheers

Edited by Seismic
spelling

Psimbo....still lives under the get me to the all perfect White Tower, I'm injured.  I have insurance.  Put my rolex in a drinking glass.....so when I wake up, healed...I'm good to go!

Edited by NickJ
None

10 hours ago, Seismic said:

First time I heard this was in 1984 on Sukhumvit road, the guy was not caught but the accident victim was a farang who lost money and passport, I can think of at least 10-15 other times this has been reported in Bangkok alone over the years, So, it does happen.

cheers

Maybe once a year does not really make it a regular, blight on society sureky, does it?

Not uncommon here.

3 years ago when i was lying on the road after an accident 6000 baht/ keys/ phone stolen by so called good samaritan.

A local policeman even had the cheek to give my wife my empty wallet, saying that he found it lying on the road.

I remember when I got knocked off my bike and broke an arm last year, the first thing

that was on my minds was to mind my valuables, wallet, phone, while I was man

handled by passers by and the pick up guys they call an ambulance...sad really

that such thought should be on your minds where you really have to worry about

your health, but TIT........

13 hours ago, gdgbb said:

I have never heard of this phenomenom before, it only happens in Thailand afaik.

Now i remember the fire of that big nightclub some years ago, many deads were also missing their wallets after they were "rescued".

It seems to be normal for rescue-ers to do this, which is a real shame imo. How low can you go and even more in a buddhist country i wouldn't expect this.  

That driver is lower than a cockroach, i wouldn't even step on him because my soles would get dirty.

2 hours ago, dieseldave1951 said:

but how many times does it go un reported or the victim has died at the scene

Well those company's who bring roadvictims to a hospital littery fight to get the job. Guess it pays very well.

My own experience of having a bike accident in Bangkok; I was not robbed and very much helped by the Thais - especially the rescue foundation people. Even had the car in front of me, who I didn't even hit, stop and take care of me while waiting for the emergency van. 

I am sure some people get robbed sometimes, but I would say not that often

What is more predictable is the Thai bashing here....

15 hours ago, dieseldave1951 said:

but how many times does it go un reported or the victim has died at the scene

Well we all have zero idea how many go unreported so it would be pure speculation. Would be total rubbish to have an opinion based on this.

On 16/08/2016 at 6:08 AM, MadMuhummad said:

Maybe once a year does not really make it a regular, blight on society sureky, does it?

read my post again, I said "In Bangkok alone".  I also am sure that in many cases it does not get reported.

regards

On 15/8/2016 at 3:36 PM, NickJ said:

This is a common occurrence. Most of the time it's done in a more uniformed manner........

Indeed.

After the NYE Santika nightclub fire, victims spent the night in the police morgue, their family members state they went in with the jewelry on, but it somehow vanished during the night. Another victim had 10,000 baht removed while under police duty of care.