Minister Kobkarn hopes Pokemon Go will save Thailand's tourism industry

webfact

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought I was a crimanl offence to cause embarrassment or damage the country's image.

shame there isn't a Thai version of spitting image. It'd be a winner. Unlike this person whose clearly a perfect representation of Thailand's patronage system.

33 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Yeah,  I was just looking for the link:   http://tech.thaivisa.com/thai-government-threatens-to-ban-pokemon-go/16757/

Interesting how the current military lead government can change their mind so fast.  The only way to change Thailand, it seems, is from the outside. 

Easy to change mind if you don't have one... quick as changing oil in my non existent Ferrari. Maybe she is under impression Thailand only country pokemon can be played, and no one dares to correct her?

The cat (or pokeman) is finally out of the bag, her ingenious plan to get the quality tourists to Thailand  that she has been promising is to come to fruition. I believe three words from Basil in Faulty Towers is rather appropriate right now . "you stupid woman"

" Boss,  boss. You want tuk tuk? Sorry boss Grand  Palace closed today. Jim Thompson house too. No problem you come with me to my friend's gem shop. Many naughty pokemon hiding there."

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

I literally just spilt my coffee! :)

What tourism minister in any other country would make such a juvenille and stupid statement.  Reminds me of the 1997 financial crisis and Chavalit saying he would fix it by promoting Thai boxing and opening more Thai restaurants abroad!? Lucky for Thailand that Chuan Leekpai was there to come to the rescue.

I wasn't going to bother reading this post but I did anyway. In my view.....Hats off to this progressive lady...what a fantastic idea....I wish some of our "old fogie" politicians back home would get off their bums and come up with some novel thinking and ideas like this....thinking outside the box. But why should they bother with their over-the-top wages and brilliant pensions.

2 hours ago, shirtless said:

It amazes me they could have such poor politicians, fix the issues would be a good start

I don'the think this minister (or many, if any) got their posts because  they were able politicians.

Her husband is a senior General.

One of the justifications for the coup was the prevalence of nepotism over ability in some of the appointments to senior posts on the part of the (elected) government which it overthrew.

The minister hopes that Pokemon Go will save the tourist industry...

Edited by JAG