Where can i sell my diamond earrings in bangkok?

hyhyhyhy007

There is a dealer/buyer of cameras, musical instruments, watches and jewelry in Fortune Tower (Rama-9 MRT), 4th floor, near the center of the main corridor, a bit past the Aborn Electronics store.  

It is licensed as a pawn shop. I am not sure if foreigners are actually allowed to pawn items. Make sure to bring your passport.

Diamond jewelry is universally known for being difficult to get anything close to "appraised value", not just in Thailand. 

1 minute ago, dddave said:

There is a dealer/buyer of cameras, musical instruments, watches and jewelry in Fortune Tower (Rama-9 MRT), 4th floor, near the center of the main corridor, a bit past the Aborn Electronics store.  

It is licensed as a pawn shop. I am not sure if foreigners are actually allowed to pawn items. Make sure to bring your passport.

Diamond jewelry is universally known for being difficult to get anything close to "appraised value", not just in Thailand. 

Thank you so much for ur help! i will go and ask  

On 19/08/2016 at 10:16 AM, FritsSikkink said:

You won't get half of what you paid for. Could be zirconia too.

How could diamonds be zirconia,?  Diamonds are diamonds and zirconia is whatever it is.

8 hours ago, anotheruser said:

What does that matter?

Seems strange someone wants to sell them, has no documentation to support that they diamonds yet doesn't want to be ripped off. So if the potential buyer says they are not diamonds does the seller consider they are being ripped off? As a tourist, which indicates limited stay, why wouldn't they sell them back home?

When I was a backpacker I wanted to stay another couple months. Sold my rolex. Just a stainless one. The guy copied my passport. Took a couple photos. Had to sign a bill of sale. He thought I stole it for sure. This was in the eighties. 

I knew a guy somewhat recently that sold a loose diamond to a jeweler on the ground floor of Ploenchit Center.

Having been dealing with diamonds and precious stones, I can tell you that

who ever will buy them will only pay about 50% of what they really worth,

other option is to go to a pawnshop, there you should get a better value..... 

When it comes to resale value you'll be extremely lucky to even get 50% of what you paid for them and that's assuming you truly got them at a low cost to begin with vs ripoff retail prices.  Remember, diamonds are forever because you might as well kept them forever because reselling them will just result in a big loss.   

On 21/08/2016 at 9:25 AM, gandalf12 said:

Seems strange someone wants to sell them, has no documentation to support that they diamonds yet doesn't want to be ripped off. So if the potential buyer says they are not diamonds does the seller consider they are being ripped off? As a tourist, which indicates limited stay, why wouldn't they sell them back home?

Why does it matter to you so much, it's his choice to sell them wherever he wants?  Diamonds, as with anything else, do not need documentation to prove that they are diamonds.

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Having been dealing with diamonds and precious stones, I can tell you that

who ever will buy them will only pay about 50% of what they really worth,

other option is to go to a pawnshop, there you should get a better value..... 

Obviously, it's called business, same for anything that is traded, buy low, sell high(er).

1 hour ago, Pib said:

When it comes to resale value you'll be extremely lucky to even get 50% of what you paid for them and that's assuming you truly got them at a low cost to begin with vs ripoff retail prices.  Remember, diamonds are forever because you might as well kept them forever because reselling them will just result in a big loss.   

"...reselling them will just result in a big loss."

Bo llocks, it all depends on the market and what you paid for them.

3 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Why does it matter to you so much, it's his choice to sell them wherever he wants?  Diamonds, as with anything else, do not need documentation to prove that they are diamonds.

Couldn't really give a damn. But why ask on here just go and sell them to anyone who is prepared to buy them. Anyway, why are you so defensive? It doesn't matter to you does it if they get sold or not?

21 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Couldn't really give a damn. But why ask on here just go and sell them to anyone who is prepared to buy them. Anyway, why are you so defensive? It doesn't matter to you does it if they get sold or not?

Well, it seems that you actually really could give a damn, to quote you..."Silly question probably but if you are a tourist why would you want to sell a pair of diamonds ear-rings in Thailand?".   Why else would you have asked the question that started this if you didn't give a damn?

And you're quite right, it doesn't matter to me whether they are sold or not, I was responding to your point, not declaring my interest in their sale.

Edited by gdgbb

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

Well, it seems that you actually really could give a damn, to quote you..."Silly question probably but if you are a tourist why would you want to sell a pair of diamonds ear-rings in Thailand?".   Why else would you have asked the question that started this if you didn't give a damn?

And you're quite right, it doesn't matter to me whether they are sold or not, I was responding to your point, not declaring my interest in their sale.

You don't you get a life instead of being so ridiculous?