Shut down! Saphan Kwai raid finds underage pole dancers and sex for sale

webfact

5 hours ago, mike324 said:

When raids in nana and silom goes down, you will know Thailand is finally serious in their crackdowns.

Guess you have not been here long.  Raids do happen in Nana and Silom when someone does not pay up. It happens but not much

all the players in those areas no the game.    

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, amrishtony said:

How come the police are active on this all of a sudden? I lived in this area for a long time and I have seen the police set up their check points right next to these bars almost every day in the past :blink:

I guess, all this will be soon coming to the foreign tourist areas as well. Shall we say 'So long to Nana Plaza, Kao San and other areas'???

This is a game. They can go on for years with no issues. Then someone up the ladder is looking to increase the monthly

payment or someone is trying to look good. I'm betting on fee increase.  It dont always make the news but from time to time raids will happen at Nana, Soi Cowboy etc. Just the police flexing a little bit. 

6 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

So when will the police raid Crazy House on Sukhumvit 23?

Conflict of interest??

I believe the underage girls have been removed from Crazy House, even though it's well known for its protected status!

5 hours ago, mike324 said:

When raids in nana and silom goes down, you will know Thailand is finally serious in their crackdowns.

There have been many raids at Nana Plaza. Rainbow 4 was closed down for about 2 weeks and some of the 3rd floor bars were closed for months.  Unlike Saphan Kwai which is mainly for Thai customers, the farang gogos bars are more tightly controlled.

7 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

Here we go. At least the present incumbents are doing something to stop their country being forever named The World's Brothel. IF it irks (most of you), it's about time you faced up to yourselves, or do something positive in this country and stopped with the 'well I'm helping the girl's poor peasant farmers who'd otherwise STARVE'. Set up a meals on bloody wheels then. <deleted>.

after you climb down from your high horse I assume you have good paying jobs to offer these young ladies that they may support their families

It's just moved to the outlying Thai districts, as it's mostly catering to thais , nothing else,

in 2000 ish i was offered an underage girl in a karaoke bar in banglumpoo!

I assume it continues and will continue elsewhere there are many places out of the spotlight.

7 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The interesting part about this raid is that saphan kwai is largely the haunt of thai men….only a handful of veteran farangs venture there.

If you don't speak thai its hard to get your game on there.

Finally after plowing through all the before Post somebody (must be an oldtimer like myself) who knows about Saphan Kwai. Why do I know about Saphan Kwai, I lived at Klong Papa when working at Dong Muong in the sixties and seventies. Saphan Kwai was and still is a stone throw down the road. I never patronized the place because I do not speak/understand Thai.

LOL in LOS.

8 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

The interesting part about this raid is that saphan kwai is largely the haunt of thai men….only a handful of veteran farangs venture there.

Yes, interesting indeed.  Police largely leave saphan kwai and other Thai entertainment areas alone.  

But, it does go to show that this stuff can go on quite discreetly (relative to Cowboy and Nana).  Many expats and tourists think the only places to have a little fun are Cowboy, Nana, Patpong, Pattaya, etc.  

9 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

At least you get to drink big bottles of beer and no overpriced lady drinks.

Always easy to "selectively" cut down the low hanging fruit! No thought given to tracking down the main players before closing down. Now the "main players" have gone underground. Wow, much smart thinking going on here - NOT :coffee1:

16 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

I went there many, many years ago to have a look myself.

Myself and my farang friend were the only 2 white faces to be seen while the both of us spoke Thai well enough.

Most of the girls shied away from us while some of the girls sat with us and chatted with us.

We asked them if they had ever seen a farang come to their bar and most of them told us never.

We jokingly asked them if they had ever been with a farang and none of them had ever been with a farang and when we jokingly asked them if they wanted to go with a farang they all said ....Can Not...( My Die )

Some of the bar boys, say bouncers, and male staff were accommodating but after going to 5 or 6 places around the street we soon realized that most of the Thai male staff in the bars and the door boys were eyeing us up as if to say: "Hey Whitey ..what are you doing around here?

We figured that maybe some of the girls would go with us if the price seemed right but we surmised that if they did and everyone else in their bar would know then there might be a degree of stigma attached while the other workers may ridicule them and possibly the Thai patrons would know this girl or that girl went with a Farang and the girl would be somewhat ostracized.

That is what we were thinking ....so we moved on and went back to the Farang Go Go bar areas...

But it was interesting and that was about 22 years ago.

Cheers

18 hours ago, dageurreotype said:

Here we go. At least the present incumbents are doing something to stop their country being forever named The World's Brothel. IF it irks (most of you), it's about time you faced up to yourselves, or do something positive in this country and stopped with the 'well I'm helping the girl's poor peasant farmers who'd otherwise STARVE'. Set up a meals on bloody wheels then. <deleted>.

I will do something positive in this country just as soon as the Thais do something positive in this country. 
I did not make the  rules.  I  just play the game to win.

21 hours ago, swerver said:

Finally after plowing through all the before Post somebody (must be an oldtimer like myself) who knows about Saphan Kwai. Why do I know about Saphan Kwai, I lived at Klong Papa when working at Dong Muong in the sixties and seventies. Saphan Kwai was and still is a stone throw down the road. I never patronized the place because I do not speak/understand Thai.

LOL in LOS.

I'm sure some staff there speak some basic English, although it's true that you have a better time speaking Thai.

Met an absolutely lovely girl there, good times.