UK offshore savings accounts with credit cards

My current offshore bank account holder (Nationwide International) based in the Isle of Man will close next year and I would like to move my savings to another UK offshore bank preferably with a credit card attached. I think this is a difficult one as I don't want a debit card or a pre-paid credit card, just a regular credit card for a resident of Thailand.

Anyone got any recommendations for offshore savings accounts in Channel Islands or Isle of Man, or failing that, anywhere else in the world?

Typically if your non resident in a country, they will not give you a cc unless its a secured one.

I bank in Singapore, with multiple accounts, investments through the bank totalling a fair amount of change and my cc is secured, as its nothing to do with how much money you have with bank, its because i am not a Singapore resident on the other side of the equation i work in Thailand and only have an account for my living expenses only, with only a few thousand USD ( thb equivlent)  in it and have an unsecured CC with SCB

Outside the UK end have a look at Singapore with the big MNC banks, but typically these days they want in the order of around USD 200k on account with them 

Edited by Witblitz

Hi

For many years i have had an offshore account with Lloyd s  . At first they used to post the credit card registered post to me in Thailand.Then they changed the rules when it became Lloyds tsb  and they sent the card via fed ex at my cost .Then it changed back to Lloyds and they would only  sent the card to a UK address .Last year they stopped the card altogether because i reside in Thailand although i have lived here many years and was living here when the account was opened and never had a prior issue with receiving or using the card .

Please do not rely on offshore bank websites .Before you jump through hoops to provide the documentation they require these days please check 100% in writing they will allow a card if you reside in Thailand.

I have an acct with Standard Chartered in Jersey which is attached to my Thailand address. That includes a debit/ATM card. I also have an Amex associated with it.

I too will be losing a UK 'based' cc I expect soon as I will be selling the address it uses... Things have changed a lot recently in the UK and cards that were 'grandfathered' before are being taken away irrespective of financial status. My UK CC was recently rejected in the UK.

I guess they want me to use my Thai ones, although how they validate those when in the UK I do not know.

Edited by jacko45k
More info