Foreign Workers Arrested on Walking Street Without Work Permits

rooster59

Foreign Workers Arrested on Walking Street Without Work Permits

Report by Pattaya One Team

foreign-workers-arrested-8.jpg

PATTAYA:-- At 00.10 hrs on 20th August 2016 Flg Off. Porasit Chitramwong Assistance District Chief Officer, Banglamung Chonburi and team raided the Hangover Herbal Liquor in Walking Street, Pattaya.

At the location the bar was still opened and there were still numerous teenage customers. At the staircase, there were many recipes of the herbal liquor drinks altogether over 30 litres. Police had arrested Mr. Komson Nuansri, 33 years, Bar Manager.

This bar had been raided twice before, and had been shut down for five years for serving underage customers and opening over time. But the owner simply changed locations and re-opened in Walking Street.

On the same day, the police also had information that there were four restaurants/bars legally employed foreign workers.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/230479/foreign-workers-arrested-walking-street-without-work-permits/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-08-21

"Three other bars were raided, the Taurus Pub, 808 Nightclub and the Russian Cabaret Show. There were no illegal workers at these locations."

For some strang reason I find the above statement a little hard to believe.

Would be interested to read the job description on the work permit of the "ladies" at the Russian Caberet Show.

This cat and mouse,  hide and seek games been going on for many years where

all the players know their parts to play, and everything boils down to the money

factor, why is it a news item that I don't understand......

So what constitutes closing down a bar? Surely reopening in other premises would be OK, if the closing of the bar is only stipulation.

I  think the correct application of the law would be to ban the owners from reopening a bar for five years, but I am very uncertain about the way Thai law works.

Nice to see the police working hard and trying to make life better for everyone involved. No need to investigate allegations of human trafficking, slavery on the fishing fleets, major drug and weapons deals, and corruption at the highest level of government when you have such important work to carry out. Lets keep moving Thailand forward. 

47 minutes ago, maoro2013 said:

So what constitutes closing down a bar? Surely reopening in other premises would be OK, if the closing of the bar is only stipulation.

I  think the correct application of the law would be to ban the owners from reopening a bar for five years, but I am very uncertain about the way Thai law works.

There is no point in bothering how Thai laws work, most times they never get enforced, unless it's to do with immigration, and

even at that, it depends on the mood of the IO.

54 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There is no point in bothering how Thai laws work, most times they never get enforced, unless it's to do with immigration, and

even at that, it depends on the mood of the IO.

" most times they never get enforced,  "

Which leaves us to wonder who all those people in the overcrowded prisons are and how they got there.

Edited by Suradit69

1 hour ago, maoro2013 said:

Jailing the owners as well might help. But surely, surely there are more important things for the authorities to worry about. Like - well, everything.

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Which leaves us to wonder who all those people in the overcrowded prisons are and how they got there.

That's a good answer, but how many prisons are there in Thailand, to serve a 60 million odd population?

Also, I went with my wife and her friend to visit her friends son in the prison near Korat, it was not overcrowded at all, in

fact from what I could see, it was a very clean place. I don't think all the Thai prisons are like the Bangkok Hilton.

I see the Russian lads operating their Virtual goggle experience metres away from one table of uniformed, blind-eye-turning zombies are still brazenly working on Walking Street however, as are all the Russian tarts, dancers, waitresses etc.

I also noticed up on Second Road recently Russians openly working, sitting in tour operator booths, near Soi 9.  Nobody gives a toss if the money's paid I suppose, but I just can't imagine Americans, Aussies or Brits getting away with this.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

That's a good answer, but how many prisons are there in Thailand, to serve a 60 million odd population?

Also, I went with my wife and her friend to visit her friends son in the prison near Korat, it was not overcrowded at all, in

fact from what I could see, it was a very clean place. I don't think all the Thai prisons are like the Bangkok Hilton.

There are 144 prisons in Thailand, as of 01.07.2016 (latest numbers available) there were 321,347 inmates. The capacity of the prison system is 217,000 (based on a formula of 2.25 sq mtr per prisoner), therefore the occupancy rate is 144.8%, or simply 44.8% over capacity. Which is 299,647 people.

Hope this help raise your awareness.

13 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

You dont know??? It's all the poor people that couldn't pay the bribes.    

• 2 weeks later...