Taxi From Bkk Airport To Pattaya

Paully900

Going by taxi from new Bangkok airport

to Pattaya (Jomtien).

What should I expect to pay,

how much is it normaly?

Should I bargain or just pay by meter?

Meter taxis won't use their meters on that trip.

You should pay 1050 plus maybe 100 to 150 for motorway tolls.

If you can get a "limo" it might be a LITTLE more, andf the vehicle should be a late model Camri or similar.

Journey time is less than 1.5 hours subject to traffic.

PS - just seen you're going to Jomtien....might cost a little more.

Edited by wilko

I was recently quoted 1500 for a car from a tout.

Went down to the taxi stand and they appeared to have a standard set rate of 1300 including all tolls and airport surcharge. The only problem with this is that the driver you get is pot luck and they don't all know Pattaya well. Mine didn't speak any English and giving directions was fun.

From the taxi stand, I don't think you can bargain. You can with the touts to a certain extent but I seriously doubt many are beating 1300 inclusive.

Edited by Jingthing

I was recently quoted 1500 for a car from a tout.

Went down to the taxi stand and they appeared to have a standard set rate of 1300 including all tolls and airport surcharge. The only problem with this is that the driver you get is pot luck and they don't all know Pattaya well. Mine didn't speak any English and giving directions was fun.

From the taxi stand, I don't think you can bargain. You can with the touts to a certain extent but I seriously doubt many are beating 1300 inclusive.

I Agree, I have never got that price always 1300bht or more + tolls,

Why would you think that taxi drivers would ever lower a price for anything?

They haven't. The price from Pattaya also hasn't changed. Also consider these are Bangkok taxi drivers who usually have to drive back to Bangkok anyway.

Not sure about experiences with trying the departure area at the new airport. Worth a try, I suppose. It isn't easy for first timers to find the official taxi stand. There are no signs and the only people talking to you are touts who would never tell you if you asked.

Edited by Jingthing

Someone will know exactly, but not so long ago, fuel, ie. petrol/diesel increased in price quite sharply. So anything around 1500 for a taxi from the airport has got to be a fair deal. Those without baggage or without acute fatigue can search for better bargains.

Imagine how much a similar taxi-service would cost in the U.K. ?

As a previous poster mentioned there seems to be lots of 800 baht deals to the airport in Pattaya.

>Someone will know exactly, but not so long ago, fuel, ie. petrol/diesel increased in price quite sharply.

Indeed, and almost every taxi has now converted to LPG so they are not paying ~30 Baht a litre.

>So anything around 1500 for a taxi from the airport has got to be a fair deal. Those without baggage or without acute fatigue can search for better bargains.

Taxi driver's at the airport accept a 1,000 Baht fare to Pattaya too easily, the metered fare to Pattaya via Highway 3 is about 780-800 Baht, +60 Baht tolls.

>Imagine how much a similar taxi-service would cost in the U.K. ?

A 1,000 Baht works out at about 16 Big Macs in Thailand or GBP 33 in the UK; considering the lower costs or fuel, insurance, labour, car safety standards etc. in Thailand compared to the UK or any farang country a 1,000 Baht is not under paying in Thailand.

If we enjoy being in Thailand maybe we should be more Thai and not overpay for, taxis, songthaews, beers or anything else you choose to spend your money on. Just because you can does not mean you should. :o