Filipino maid ‘raped by boss’ in Saudi Arabia dies in hospital

webfact

What a terribly sad story . Barbaric bastards! Having Saudi citizenship (as well as in other dark ages middle eastern counties ) apparently is a license to kill foreign women with little or no consequence to the perp. 

Most likely the best anyone can hope for is education and awareness before women from other counties take jobs there. 

Lets hope they do. 

20 hours ago, Grouse said:

23 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Poverty sends these women to the ME to work as maids,...Phils, Indians, Banglas, Thais (although I remember the Govt banning them from working for these barbaric animals).......

And what will happen to her boss?.......well it pretty much goes without saying that he'll have zero issues........

My wife and I will continue my decision when travelling, never to pass through any of these countries or use their airlines....rather pay the little extra....I'll never support them!

Thats a great idea!!

Maybe someone with better ME knowledge than me could suggest priority order of airlines to avoid?

Priority order would be quite a task and possibly not be 100% objective... But this could be a helpful starting point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_passenger_airlines#Middle_East

I have a Filipino friend that got raped by his boss when working in Saudi after recover at the hospital he received a very large settlement and now have a business and a large house beachfront property in Cebu. There are a lot of these cases that are settled outside court and never make the news.

This is out of topic but diamond king mention about the beheading of more people then Isis and unfortunately that's their punishment by law and regardless if we agree we have to accept it. I don't agree with us death penalty either but unfortunately have to accept it. And it's not only ME politics that involve religious belief look at us where the republicans bring up religion to right and left. As I said this was out of topic but liked to comment on the beheading statement.

Holy moly, I just did a search on rape in Saudi Arabia. Anyone reading this, and does not know what is going on over there needs to Google it. UNREAL!

On 25/08/2016 at 4:04 PM, DiamondKing said:

And see the real truth HORRIFIC and even worse the west turns a blind eye all because of money and oil DISGUSTING 

Should the oil run out they'll have a monopoly on 'piping' solar energy to Europe; so get used to it!

11 minutes ago, swanny321 said:

Should the oil run out they'll have a monopoly on 'piping' solar energy to Europe; so get used to it!

Right now they have lots of desert and plenty of cash, so why aren't they doing it?

Because they have more accountants than greenies.

On 25/08/2016 at 4:02 PM, DiamondKing said:

I have mates working there NOW and they say the exact same thing pure animals would not catch me dead even doing a layover in any of those scummy countries i will pay extra to avoid them at all costs 

Having lived in Riyadh I found the Saudis to be great people, very conservative and shocked by things

westerners may shrug at.Whilst aware of being a ' temporary worker' even after seven years, I never

felt oppressed or unwelcome...quite the opposite.And I miss bbqs in the desert and oh the sunsets; it's

really quite a beautiful country!

6 minutes ago, swanny321 said:

One really shouldn't talk from a place of ignorance:

http://www.sunwindenergy.com/news/35-mw-solar-farm-saudi-arabia-completed

No, you shouldn't. Any solar production would be for local consumption. The transmission losses and cost of a HV transmission line make the concept prohibitively expensive. But you knew that, right?

Just now, halloween said:

No, you shouldn't. Any solar production would be for local consumption. The transmission losses and cost of a HV transmission line make the concept prohibitively expensive. But you knew that, right?

Naturally, but forty years hence with technological progress...

On 25/08/2016 at 4:21 PM, Scottish Gary said:

I worked in the oil business in Saudi and the locals treated us like shit.  God help any non westerners who end up there.

They are horrible people 

Agree, I worked offshore from Dammam, for a while.  

They were amongst the most arrogant, unhygienic people (Spitting everywhere) I have ever met.  The Egyptian safety officer did not like them, told me they looked down on him.  Yet his ancestors had mapped the heavens and built the Pyramids etc, etc.  While 50 years ago their country was nothing of note before OIL

Edited by tmd5855

7 minutes ago, tmd5855 said:

Agree, I worked offshore from Dammam, for a while.  

They were amongst the most arrogant, unhygienic people (Spitting everywhere) I have ever met.  The Egyptian safety officer did not like them, told me they looked down on him.  Yet his ancestors had mapped the heavens and built the Pyramids etc, etc.  While 50 years ago their country was nothing of note before OIL

The only people I noticed any dislike for was the Americans; usually from fellow ex-pats!

On 25 สิงหาคม 2559 at 4:43 PM, Yann55 said:

I feel for you Gary, but honestly,  "the locals treated us like shit" is a phrase that can be said by a lot of people in a lot of countries. Now of course that doesn't make this Saudi brute right, I'm just suggesting that by keeping in mind the bigger picture, perhaps we humans as a whole could begin to address this kind of problem ?

Unless you've lived there you have no idea, but he's right.

On 25/08/2016 at 10:43 AM, Yann55 said:

I feel for you Gary, but honestly,  "the locals treated us like shit" is a phrase that can be said by a lot of people in a lot of countries. Now of course that doesn't make this Saudi brute right, I'm just suggesting that by keeping in mind the bigger picture, perhaps we humans as a whole could begin to address this kind of problem ?

In this instance we are not talking about a lot of people in a lot of countries.   We are talking about Saudi.

Ive worked all over the world and ive met good and bad people everywhere but in the case of Saudi i only met bad and that was right across the social spectrum. 

Hello Swanny321.  The Americans were treated the same as the South Africans, Brits and a couple of Norwegians.

The Indians and Indonesians workers were treated terribly, all the Expats were supervisor level or higher so the saudis had to be rude behind our backs, whilst they were rude to indians and Indonesians to their face.  

No manners, no style and no saving graces.