someone similar experience?couldn't renew motorcycle insurance bc 'pending' police ticket??

magmur

Hi all, Im Mag, female from germany, living and driving car & bikes here for 19 years.

I asked my longtime insurance broker to renew my insurance for my nouvo, which was due while I was in EU for 3 months - only to get his email that things where on halt bc of a 'pending traffic fine ticket' for this bike. I cannot remember of any problem and this bike is only under my bottom.

The insurance guys were not allowed to pay a 1000b fine, nor did they get any information what it was all about, police wanted to see the owner in person.

On my return yesterday I got the case nr and went to Pattaya beach police station, waiting the fine queue for 40 minutes to be sent to traffic dptm, another 20 minutes to find out there was a ticket copy from feb2016 (when I was travelling northern TH by my car) showing my license plate details and - my nickname, which doesn't show on any document - no signature.

It stated that I was met with no driving license on me in feb 2016, was given a ticket of 400b and failed to pay.

Interestingly no one at the police office wanted to see any driving licence, passport or proof of adress.

Neither did I get into any police checks without showing my license,nor was I handed any ticket, the nickname written was not my writing and signature was missing

btw Am a 60 year old lady and traffic madness is long behind me, hahaha.

Anyway, the ticket showed 1000b , but their idea was 400b fine plus 500 b for a document issued that the case is settled so the insurance can be done.

paid, done and half a day lost in beurocrazzy

anyone with a similar experience?

a great day to all

kind regards

Mag

This is very interesting.

Are you saying this offence never happened and the ticket was completely fictitious?

If so, this must be a new scam.

How did they know your nickname? Did someone borrow your bike? Has somebody copied your licence plate? Is your nickname on facebook or something like that?

It sounds all very strange and inexplicable.

I have a number of unpaid tickets (long story) and although people have told me that I won't be able to renew my road tax, there has never been any comeback and I have long since forgotten about the unpaid fines.

17 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

This is very interesting.

Are you saying this offence never happened and the ticket was completely fictitious?

If so, this must be a new scam.

How did they know your nickname? Did someone borrow your bike? Has somebody copied your licence plate? Is your nickname on facebook or something like that?

It sounds all very strange and inexplicable.

I have a number of unpaid tickets (long story) and although people have told me that I won't be able to renew my road tax, there has never been any comeback and I have long since forgotten about the unpaid fines.

Did someone borrow your bike?

Yes, that seems to be the case here.

I would presume insurance is not the issue but road tax (probably done at the same time by the same person)?