2 strange men in bkk carrying a baby doll

ghworker2010

We were in the new high class 'Siam Discovery' shopping centre in bangas recently and my baby was in a pram. 2 guys walked up and started looking at my baby sleeping. One was holding a large baby doll and was stroking it as if it was real. They could have been Thai or Japanese- they were definitely homosexuals. It was funny to watch them and see other people looking at them. Have you ever seen grown men carrying around a fake baby doll before? Would they have recently escaped a pysch ward?

cheers

It is called Luk Thep. A celebrity showed up on a TV show some time back, with one of these fabulously ridiculous dolls. He talked about the monk blessing it, and installing a real soul inside it. He claimed it was alive. It became a nationwide phenomenon, with the airlines going as far as developing seating policy for these stupid dolls. Many are still drinking the kool aid. My guess, is that most of these people do not have real lives. Whether or not the men were gay has nothing to do with anything. It is people from all walks of life here that have participated in this utter and complete nonsense. And these dolls sell for around 20,000 baht! The entire planet is mocking Thailand over this.

The phenomenon of Thailand’s luk thep dolls reached viral status in January 2016, when Thai Smile Airways started to allow passengers to purchase seats and meals for their realistic dolls. Luk thep, which translates to child angel, resemble American Girl, or Reborn dolls, and have become an intriguing part of Thai culture to the outside world.

http://time.com/4353544/thailand-luk-thep-doll/

luk-thep-dolls-71.jpg

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The phenomenon of Thailand’s luk thep dolls reached viral status in January 2016, when Thai Smile Airways started to allow passengers to purchase seats and meals for their realistic dolls. Luk thep, which translates to child angel, resemble American Girl, or Reborn dolls, and have become an intriguing part of Thai culture to the outside world.

If it is a part of Thai Culture now there are sure to be a few regular Posters on here buying them !

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is called Luk Thep. A celebrity showed up on a TV show some time back, with one of these fabulously ridiculous dolls. He talked about the monk blessing it, and installing a real soul inside it. He claimed it was alive. It became a nationwide phenomenon, with the airlines going as far as developing seating policy for these stupid dolls. Many are still drinking the kool aid. My guess, is that most of these people do not have real lives. Whether or not the men were gay has nothing to do with anything. It is people from all walks of life here that have participated in this utter and complete nonsense. And these dolls sell for around 20,000 baht! The entire planet is mocking Thailand over this.

http://time.com/4353544/thailand-luk-thep-doll/

luk-thep-dolls-71.jpg

Damn , she's cute .................................What was the topic again ?

I saw a short documentary type thing from what looked like a current affairs program.  This has been really big business in US for a while and now Asia, don't know about Europe.  The dolls are freaky; they look so real I got the shivers.  And of course, they cost an absolute fortune.The one in the picture above is a bit old from the norm;the most popular are ones made to be 3 to 4 weeks old.  

images.jpg        71vx4tqM-UL._SY355_.jpg        5.jpg                             

They are anatomically correct in every way, ears and fingernails and even genitals, incredibly realistic to the point that just watching it on TV freaked me out, the mostly childless, middle aged or over single women had done out their spare bedrooms as nurseries and had the cot and pram and changing mat and musical mobiles above the cot and everything else.  They treat them just like they're real.

And I thought trainspotters had a strange hobby.

(Also reading an article last week about a certain kind of male having these dolls, babies and the older ones, for, shall we say nefarious use.  Disgusted me, but I suppose doing the doll means that they won't take a kid off the street).

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Definitely not something to be proud of. Just consider what he will be thinking, when he looks at this photo in ten years.

He'll be dead, so it won't matter, will it.

In any case, I expect that many of Thai Visa's regulars  have  the Pattaya Patsy version; 1453917040167_lola-e001.jpg

If a man wants to treads the streets of Bangkok with a doll, pretending its his child or lover and get satisfaction from it, then I suppose theres not much to worry about.  

The same way we must accept that if a guy wants a bit of rough play and slap around a doll all night, we can take comfort he is doing it to a doll rather than a real human being.

Harmless, move along.

I would be tempted to ask them "is that a real baby?" and quickly reach over and gently knock on the doll's head, like a door.  They make a fuss and the cops come over and I explain that all I did was knock on the doll's head , and quickly lean over and do it again "like this!"  And a few more times....

On Thursday, September 01, 2016 at 9:33 AM, spidermike007 said:

Definitely not something to be proud of. Just consider what he will be thinking, when he looks at this photo in ten years.

Wonder what the guy in the light blue shirt is thinking ...