Phuket drivers get training to become ‘more professional’

webfact

Phuket drivers get training to become ‘more professional’

Chanida Summast

1472643757_1-org.jpg

More than 300 public transport drivers underwent the training to become ‘more professional’ yesterday. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:  -- More than 300 Phuket public transport drivers, including tour bus, taxi, tuk-tuk and motorcycle taxi drivers, yesterday (Aug 30) attended the first in a series of training sessions aimed to bring them to international standard.

Leading the presentations at the training session, held at The Metropole Hotel in Phuket Town, were professors from Phuket Rajabhat University, officers from the Phuket Provincial Police and staff from Grab Taxi.

Vice Governor Chokdee Amornwat presided over the launch of the project.

“The main purpose of this project is to raise awareness among public transport drivers to the level of professionalism and quality service that is required by those who provide public services,” Phuket Land Transportation Office (PLTO) Director Sommai Sutkhao told The Phuket News.

“If we upgrade the quality of service and have professional drivers, we will in turn promote and boost tourism for Phuket,” he said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-drivers-get-training-to-become-more-professional-58927.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-01

" more professional " implies that they were professional to start with?

most of them are of a very basic education, seasonal and transient workers

that happened to now, drive a bus or a taxi, and tomorrow just as well, they be

working doing something completely different,

In many countries around the world, to be a driver of a public motor vehicle you

need to be properly trained and qualifies in many aspects of operating and

servicing the travailing public, here in Thailand, all you have to have is a pulse.....

" More than 300 Phuket public transport drivers, including tour bus, taxi, tuk-tuk and motorcycle taxi drivers, yesterday (Aug 30) attended the first in a series of training sessions aimed to bring them to international standard. "

That`s gonna take A LOT of training sessions to reach  :lol:............................................

They really don't have a clue, do they? International standard after a couple of seminars? Perhaps in line with India, Cambodia or Guatemala; well I suppose they're international.

As always in Thailand, item number one on the agenda:

Wear a smart uniform! 

Look at those 3 morons at the front.

I just know they're thinking "I'll drive the way I want to and nobody will stop me. I will attend this pathetic charade of a meeting  and sit with a scowl or my arms folded until it's over, then I'll go back to driving like sulfuric acid has been spilt on my lap".

On 01/09/2016 at 10:04 AM, dieseldave1951 said:

why are they all looking like they are captains of aviation 

piss and importance (me thinks)

Also, why do they all have military ribbons? No doubt there's a few Victoria Crosses and Medal of Honors there (purchased from Soi Bangla).

Or maybe the ribbons mean that the driver:

Didn't crash the bus for a week

Didn't crash the bus for a month

Didn't crash the bus for a year (never awarded)

Successfully fled the scene after crash