Ford WildTrack is the best truck on the road in Thailand 3.2l

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ArickChaiyaphum said:

It's a fact I own all three major models I was advised to check out the ford.. So I did. The Toyota 2016 did not pass EU safety . Could you tell me what models you own.   

What is EU safety ?.

Revo with safety pack is 5 star NCAP and Revo with out safety pack is 3 stars

http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/toyota/hilux/25046

http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/toyota/hilux/25045

I notice the Ranger has not been tested since 2012.

http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/ford/ranger/10926

I don't get it....each developed Country in the world has stringent test procedures for safety before any car can be imported and sold in the country. If it is sold and used in any of those countries, I trust the car is safe to drive. Forget about the NCAP which is prolly just another bloated EU corrupt and bureaucratic organisation populated by idiots who couldn't cut it in their home countries political soup and had to flee to Brussels.

Horses for courses I guess.  I sat in the Ranger last week and jumped straight back out again.  Dull as a door-nail inside!

I checked Ford, Mits Toyota both picke-up and SUVs, yet my 2007 CRV felt better, quicker and solider inside!  Will wait for the new CRV.

25 minutes ago, BBJ said:

Horses for courses I guess.  I sat in the Ranger last week and jumped straight back out again.  Dull as a door-nail inside!

I checked Ford, Mits Toyota both picke-up and SUVs, yet my 2007 CRV felt better, quicker and solider inside!  Will wait for the new CRV.

Hopefully coming with the 1.5 turbo too:)

Power and torque would not be my main considerations. Living in Thailand I would want to have update information on front end crashes, rollovers and interior safety. Please give me a fighting chance. For the sake of disclosure I do not own a vehicle in Thailand and never would. With the large potpourri of vehicles to choose from it beggars my brain, plus the dangers, plus the cost of one (to sit in my garage mainly) and the playing of road Russian roulette. Must run now here comes the bus. 

21 hours ago, Don Mega said:

What is EU safety ?.

Revo with safety pack is 5 star NCAP and Revo with out safety pack is 3 stars

http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/toyota/hilux/25046

http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/toyota/hilux/25045

I notice the Ranger has not been tested since 2012.

http://www.euroncap.com/en/results/ford/ranger/10926

Ask Volkswagen, if they can play with testing to pass cars and trucks ?

In late 2013 I looked at every major brand of pickup, I liked the Ford best, fit and finish was excellent. I'm a big guy liked the support in the seat and the look of the truck. My wife also liked the Ford and when we sat down to talk price she told them that I wouldn't pay retail. They refused to discount anything from the price, I went to Toyota was offered 50,000 baht off retail which I used to add an automatic transmission. It has been a good truck and I'm happy that I bought it before the styling change. In the end price was not the sole reason for my choice, service was. At that time Toyota had sold about 15,000 trucks, Ford 3,500 for the year, add that factor with the amount of dealers, it made the difference for me. But I really did like that Ford.

I like the exterior look of them, haven't driven one.  I also like the Mazda truck, especially if it's got a lift on it with some A/Ts on.

Overall though, the cars and trucks here just seem so "meh" to me, hard to get excited about any of them.  Mrs and I were in Florida earlier this year, drove a new Dodge Durango SUV, bells and whistles, sun roof, all that.  Solid, comfortable as hell, drove it all over for a month, Miami to Mississippi and back.  Returned to LoS and the first time wife and I started down the road in the 2013 Tuna boat, we both looked at each other thinking the same thing.  What a cheap ass ride, whistling down the road like an empty Coke can, the little GPS Navigator felt like a kids' toy from the 1980s.  :(

1 hour ago, BBJ said:

I hope so too.  But the salesperson said 2.0, but what do they know!

The 2.0 could be the 'new' one that is in the honda civic in the US (they don't get the 1.8 in theirs)....and they can have it with a 6 speed MT too..

I like the exterior look of them, haven't driven one.  I also like the Mazda truck, especially if it's got a lift on it with some A/Ts on.

Overall though, the cars and trucks here just seem so "meh" to me, hard to get excited about any of them.  Mrs and I were in Florida earlier this year, drove a new Dodge Durango SUV, bells and whistles, sun roof, all that.  Solid, comfortable as hell, drove it all over for a month, Miami to Mississippi and back.  Returned to LoS and the first time wife and I started down the road in the 2013 Tuna boat, we both looked at each other thinking the same thing.  What a cheap ass ride, whistling down the road like an empty Coke can, the little GPS Navigator felt like a kids' toy from the 1980s.  [emoji20]

Thank Christ we don't have to suffer Dodge over here or in Europe.

I looked at the Ford truck link and found the "adaptive cruise control" reference and googled it.  (I use cruise control more than anyone else I know or have known.)  I like what I read about it very much.  Too bad it cannot be installed retroactively into my Dodge truck (most comfortable vehicle to drive that I have owned).  

The only problem I have had with cruise control was with an aftermarket one the previous owner had installed in a small car I bought from him.  After setting the speed, it would creep up by 1 mile an hour each time it was disengaged and reengaged.  

As for my experience with vehicles in Thailand, my only experience with them are as a passenger.  

• 4 weeks later...

I am considering buying the WildTrack but they only offer a 10,000 discount. Will offer 50,000 on XLT model but if I buy Ford I want the WildTrack. 

Has anyone else gotten a better offer from a dealer preferably in BKK or Khon Kaen?

Regarding the Dodge comments above, I have owned a Ford truck, my son owns a Chevy truck but even we admit the Dodge Diesel engine is the best truck engine sold in USA. Rest of Dodge products I don't know but I would buy a Dodge truck if available in Thailand or Europe no problem if they changed the front grill and added some interior comfort for older guys. Cannot make a better truck engine IMO.  

On 03/09/2016 at 9:08 AM, GOLDBUGGY said:

I have had a Ford (Diesel) for 8 years and no trouble at all. Prior to this time there was some troubles with the Ford Engine but when they switched and started using their Mazda Engines it has worked out very well. 

The current Ranger uses Ford engines. Only the 2.5 & 3.0 from the previous Ranger/BT-50 had Mazda engines.

Archived