Pattaya balcony fall: Drunk man survives

webfact

Balcony fall. Drunk man survives

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 6am on the morning on September 4, the police and Sawang Boriboon medics were called to an apartment complex on Soi 12, Pattaya Klang, after a man had fallen from a balcony.

Twenty-three-year old Mr. Sarayuth Ngaokham was treated for serious injuries, given emergency CPR and rushed to hospital. His girlfriend and other friends looked on.

Twenty-three-year old Ms Kanchana Thiwanna, the victim’s girlfriend, said they had all been drinking and Mr Sarayuth had gone out to sit on the balcony.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231320/balcony-fall-drunk-man-survives/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-05

26 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

That is massive head trauma.

I don't see a good recovery in the future. 

Thais love their graphic photos.

I would hate to see my loved one displayed as such.

Photos like this are actually a teachable moment...same for auto accident photos from drink driving or careless driving. I'd don't know where this Western meme about showing crime-accident scene photos comes from...it's like the culture somehow want to deny reality.

The coma doesn't sound good...a possible wasted life for the pleasure of a "good time."

3 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Photos like this are actually a teachable moment...same for auto accident photos from drink driving or careless driving. I'd don't know where this Western meme about showing crime-accident scene photos comes from...it's like the culture somehow want to deny reality.

The coma doesn't sound good...a possible wasted life for the pleasure of a "good time."

Western Culture has respect and consideration for the injured or deceased family.

If you need a photo like this to teach you not to drink while sitting on the edge of balconies then maybe you better stixk to ground floors.  

6 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Western Culture has respect and consideration for the injured or deceased family.

If you need a photo like this to teach you not to drink while sitting on the edge of balconies then maybe you better stixk to ground floors.  

So digging a little deeper, how or why does not showing a picture of some tragic event show or convey "respect." And why this need for "consideration"...isn't it just as important, maybe even more so, to use such an unfortunate event as teaching moment for others in the community...especially the young?

Not trying to be argumentative...but I just don't get it. If myself or a relative was involved in such an event, I wouldn't have a problem with such photos...it happened...face up to it is my attitude. If they are distressing don't look at them.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

3 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

unfortunately to the media this is sensational news. the feelings of the loved ones are not taken into consideration. very sad indeed.

2 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Not trying to be argumentative...but I just don't get it. If myself or a relative was involved in such an event, I wouldn't have a problem with such photos...it happened...face up to it is my attitude. If they are distressing don't look at them.

Also not being argumentative but I do not wish to see these pictures as I find them distressing to look at, however they are posted directly at the front of each of the stories which makes them impossible to avoid

There are many ways of searching and finding these pictures if someone wishes to of their own accord. From the relatives perspective many would not wish to see a loved one in this condition as a last reminder of the person they have lost

3 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

So digging a little deeper, how or why does not showing a picture of some tragic event show or convey "respect." And why this need for "consideration"...isn't it just as important, maybe even more so, to use such an unfortunate event as teaching moment for others in the community...especially the young?

A few years ago, a motorcyclist in England was killed in an accident, which was caught on his helmet cam. His mother released the video in the hope that others might learn from it. The video is not gory, but the insane speed at which the motorcyclist was traveling is truly terrifying. Enough to make me take it down a notch tooling around town on my Honda Click!

4 minutes ago, dunroaming said:
1 hour ago, sahibji said:

was it just alcohol or more than that. time will tell.

dunroaming said

Maybe a little naïve to think that time will tell.  TIT the land of smoke and mirrors

Oh its started already-----yes its bound to be more----has to be a sinister plot in there somewhere , just cant see someone drinking to the early hours of the morning then falling over drunk----just doesn't happen.

: TIT the land of smoke and mirrors ".......... TIT the land of the Farang fantasist.......:coffee1:

4 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Why do you need to see a corpse with blood puddling from his head?

Why is this necessary for you to understand the story?

or are you saying you get some gratification from it?

1 hour ago, Anythingleft? said:

Also not being argumentative but I do not wish to see these pictures as I find them distressing to look at, however they are posted directly at the front of each of the stories which makes them impossible to avoid

There are many ways of searching and finding these pictures if someone wishes to of their own accord. From the relatives perspective many would not wish to see a loved one in this condition as a last reminder of the person they have lost

But if the pictures were not taken and posted to some public internet site in the first place, a search for them would come up empty no?

6 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Well now you're just trolling and engaging in strawman arguments, which I won't dignify with a reply. 

Valid questions.

not trolling...just asking you for the reason for your statement.

i provided reason to not post such graphic photos.

Edited by ClutchClark

5 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

First thing I saw in school was photos of Genocide in Europe.  I then was more tolerant.

Driver's education always started with shocking, gruesome photos, and I then respected the fact that drinking and driving ends up badly.

In Thailand (I am not trying to be funny or uncaring) I learned that drinking and hanging out on a Balcony would go bad.  Also learned to control my temper while driving. My wife now flies instead of using tourist vans and buses.

All due to the horror of photographs.  We all pity friends and families. My brother passed away a month ago, right after his daughter's wedding.  He was a doctor and there was no funeral (just a memorial gathering).  He was sped to the hospital, where all his organs were removed. Many people now have benefited.   Nothing gruesome.....just helping other people understand.

I thought it was horrible....no goodbyes.  A bad analogy...but the logic is the same.  People learn quickly...when the lessons are serious.

7 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Thais deal with reality. They don't try and sugar coat it. It's half the reason people back home cant handle the seriousness of life as they're constantly protected from the reminders of what complacency or stupidity brings.

Wouldn't bother me  in the slightest. It is what it is.

10 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Is it only here that horrendous pictures are placed on cigarette packages?

6 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Why do you need to see a corpse with blood puddling from his head?

Why is this necessary for you to understand the story?

or are you saying you get some gratification from it?

It is not a corpse if you read the story. It is an injured man.

On 5 September 2016 at 10:35 PM, callaway said:

It is not a corpse if you read the story. It is an injured man.

Governments all over the world are using more and more graphic tv advertisements to get the message across to the masses ie: motor vehicles accidents.

it has become quite common now to see very serious injury/dead bodies (although staged Ido admit) on prime time tv.