Dane remains imprisoned in Thailand

webfact

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

Poor bugger life in a Thai prison is no fun ( i know been there).

Surely someone somewhere can help him, Thai justice can run very slowly and the poor man will just have to sit it out.

From what you say Colin it could turn into a death sentence. How does one accumulate debt in jail?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Danish government.

But why aren't they getting involved as it was their warrant that has put this poor bloke where he is?

Crazy, crazy world.

Yes your right its so easy to get lost in the shuffle today unless your in the elite class

16 hours ago, greenchair said:

I think he was found innocent in his own country.he was accused of avoiding taxes, but found innocent.  Not in Thailand. 

Marijauna shops are legal in his country. But due to thai thinking, they feel the money he earned and the assets he bought with that money is illegal because it was made from owning drug cafes. 

Better start teaching these boys the game of Bridge and then work up to the legalities in other countries. What a stone age mentality. 

3 hours ago, English 1 said:

As people have stated I think we don't know the proper story.

I think he should get Bail and Passport withheld.

He is not a danger to society so why keep him in a hell hole?

Maybe like a treasure hunt they feel that there is more "gold" to be found. 

As I wrote, only 1 hour—a mere seven posts—before you became the sixth person to correct me, I had already been corrected—and acknowledged my error—16 hours earlier. A good idea to read the thread before posting an utterly redundant comment.

Can I be the seventh person and the sixth idiot to correct your entirely understandable mistake?

[emoji5]

I'm sure there will be an eighth in due course.

9 minutes ago, BaldPlumber said:

Can I be the seventh person and the sixth idiot to correct your entirely understandable mistake?

emoji5.png

I'm sure there will be an eighth in due course.

I'm sure I read he was Danish, as in Mr Pastry. Now you're telling me he's Dutch...

Again to repeat :  he was also arrested for fraud committed in Thailand , the story was even posted in the Thaivisa news section more than a year ago . That explains why he still is in Thailand. 

Edited by balo

Another great example of Prayuth's wonderful leadership.... This is down to him. He is the PM, even if not an elected one. He keeps saying what a great hero he is and how he single-handed lay sorted out all the human rights issues and indeed, holds his work and the country up for the World to see as a shining example of just how great everything is in the banana republic of LOS. While he is in front (well, to the side and behind) everybody at the G20, Denmark should ask him, in front of the real leaders of real countries, what the hell he thinks he's doing with one of their citizens who they have already acquitted!

The original story is confusing.  The Danish have an International Arrest Warrant on him for which he was arrested in relation to serious fraud and / or tax evasion. The Thai police executed the warrant and there would be no bail but deportation as it is outside the jurisdiction of the Thai courts.

At the same time he has a pending dika ir supreme court appeal against him for the case and appeal he has already won in the Thai system. So he is being held by the Thais on the International warrant and cannot give him bail on the Thai case against him.  Therefore he will remain in prison until the supreme court decide on the athai case against him and then win or lose he will be depirted to Denmark to face charges for which the International Warrant was issued. 

Makes sense but rather unfortunate he will rot in a Thai jail while the supreme court grinds away.

Wow isn't this great for the T.V Sleuths......much better then someone falling off the balcony but the door was locked from the inside but there was a cigarette in the ashtray but he didn't smoke and where was the key to the door if he had locked it from the inside and wouldnt you leave a sorry note to your family and someone said he didn't drink  so why would you fall of the balcony if you didn't drink and who feed the cat that day.........:coffee1:

This could get bigger than 5,00 posts on Brexit & Trump while we sort it out.

Related image

8 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Yes, yes, I was corrected 16 hours ago, mere minutes after I posted. Do try to keep up. :thumbsup:

Gee, I didn't know you had to go through all the posts before you could make a comment. I'll try to remember that for later. Or, alternatively, you could edit your posts.

Obviously, there is a lot more to this story.  I am not going to pass judgement on the guy, but I'll bet he is a slippery character, first getting in trouble in Denmark.  It appears the police still want the guy there.  Now in trouble in Thailand for being unable to pay a debt because he was in jail.  Somethings way wrong with this picture.  Unfortunately the reporting is hopeless with no background information at all.  On the surface it  might make a person feel sorry for the guy but then post number 102 tells me there is a lot more to this guy and maybe it is a good thing he is locked up.

31 minutes ago, Trouble said:

Obviously, there is a lot more to this story.  I am not going to pass judgement on the guy, but I'll bet he is a slippery character, first getting in trouble in Denmark.  It appears the police still want the guy there.  Now in trouble in Thailand for being unable to pay a debt because he was in jail.  Somethings way wrong with this picture.  Unfortunately the reporting is hopeless with no background information at all.  On the surface it  might make a person feel sorry for the guy but then post number 102 tells me there is a lot more to this guy and maybe it is a good thing he is locked up.

WOW...really? Seems you've already passed judgement...saying 'maybe it is a good thing he is locked up.' What we DO know is that he has been held for too long by Thai authorities. He should have been extradited back to Denmark to face his charges. The article claims he has been acquitted twice, but is now in some sort of Catch 22 with Thai law and could face 5-8 years IN PRISON for processing. Sounds like a serious screwing so far, based on what we do know.

So you're saying, solely based on an anonymous post that the guy was "tricky"...it is better he is locked up, perhaps wrongly? BTW, we know absolutely nothing about the claim of post #102, nor what he means by "tricky" or if he actually even knew this guy.

Personally, I'll keep being outraged and feeling sorry for this guy until REAL evidence is provided and REAL justice is served...regardless of the verdict. Guilty or not...I care not...but this case has been terribly mishandled thus far. :redcard1: 

On 9/5/2016 at 7:26 PM, greenchair said:

I think he was found innocent in his own country.he was accused of avoiding taxes, but found innocent.  Not in Thailand. 

Marijauna shops are legal in his country. But due to thai thinking, they feel the money he earned and the assets he bought with that money is illegal because it was made from owning drug cafes. 

Many countries have laws that makes it possible to prosecute if you break their laws in another country:

If I would pay for sex here in Thailand then I'm breaking the Swedish law and can be prosecuted for that in Sweden.

If I smoke marijuana in Holland (it's legal) and then travel to Norway, then I can get sentenced for drug abuse in Norway if I for some reason would test positive for marijuana.

US that prosecute drog barons that has not even set foot on US soil just because they make money from drugs.

Most countries would prosecute you as a child sex offender if you have sex with a 12 year old, even if it would be legal in the country where you did it.

Israel killed people on international water just because they where on their way to Gaza with food and medical supplies and thereby would go against Israeli rules and regulations.

Other points on rules and regulations...

US has the largest espionage budget in the world but they get mad on other countries that are spying on US...

If Russia bombs in Syria it's bad but US bombing in Afghanistan is OK...

If Russian bombs hit civilians it's bad but Turkish bombs hiting civilian Kurds is OK as Turkey is a NATO country.

It's not OK that the Philippinos don't want others to complain about the extraordinary drugrelated killings in the Philippines and telling Obama to basically shut up but it's not OK for others to criticize US and the US police for killing more than 1000 unarmed people last year...

And so it goes on and on with laws and regulations that are not fare and different from country to country...

The folk who arrested him here knew he was accused of VAT and tax fraud to the tune of more than 8 million DKK which is about 41 million baht give or take asatang or two. They will incarcerate him until they have extracted most of that from him. I'm guessing his lak of access to said funds or his unwillingness to part with it is what is keeping him in. I'm guessing payments to the right people would ensure a sudden speeding up of the so called wheels of justice. The reason it's so slow is because those without money keep getting put at the back of the que. The mere fact that his government back home has an arrest warrant for him which got him locked up abroad means that he brought this upon himself. Although being locked up in a cesspit in Thailand by a bunch of people who don't give rats bottom about your welfare garners some sympathy from me.

everybody at the G20, Denmark should ask him, in front of the real leaders of real countries, what the hell he thinks he's doing with one of their citizens who they have already acquitted!

:thumbsup:

why thailand can do what other countries can not.. ??

becouse coruption in "democratics countries"

if democracy WORK - EU-danmark un- today stop-shoot down  visa and mastercard (verificating)serviced for whole thailand(and block them from thailand).(its most bad scenario/sanction as can be in this days-its total economic shoot down in few days for most off all countries in world today)   its better than bombing.  as first warn to junta... second will......

tahi corrupt can make you "criminal" in one hour and ruin your whole live in one day!!! just google or read "dead farang" 

visa is in china and master in sviss  

On 9/5/2016 at 4:41 PM, MissAndry said:

Yes, foolish to bring significant assets into Thailand, makes you a mark for lots of Thai people.

I wondered why he wasn't dead yet?

Indeed!  I was told by many friends.  No matter what your circumstances live simply.  Don't flash the cash!  Don't start buying up expensive stuff.  When people ask your business tell them u have a small amount of money gifted to you every month THAT YOU ARE ALIVE and nothing more.  You worry about mom and dad and brother and sister because you have so little.

Opportunist will move on.....fast....you are not what they want to waste time on ....

On 5 September 2016 at 5:41 PM, MissAndry said:

Yes, foolish to bring significant assets into Thailand, makes you a mark for lots of Thai people.

I wondered why he wasn't dead yet?

I can see no mention that he 'brought significant assets into Thailand", or maybe I should check my reading glasses out.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 1:52 AM, colinneil said:

Poor bugger life in a Thai prison is no fun ( i know been there).

Surely someone somewhere can help him, Thai justice can run very slowly and the poor man will just have to sit it out.

Thai Justice seem to have after burner if money starts talking or it's a VIP or Hi-So......