Hey, German, leave our dogs alone! Pattaya police nab man for attacking soi dogs

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, tifino said:

Soi dogs seem to be better treated by some,

than a  harmless old man alone under a bridge

self righteous dude go help the old man under the bridge , there is no anchor in your ass  ..... 

Edited by mikiea

5 minutes ago, Bob9 said:

Thanks for the clarification - I have looked at your web site.  I havent seen your posts before and didnt know that 'Soi Dogs' is not feeding soi dogs and that you are doing exactly what I suggested (taking them off the streets).  You arent feeding soi dogs are you? You only feed those in temples and you take soi dogs off the street and house and look after them - right?  If you do, then clearly what is needed is for the Thai Govt to introduce the dog catchers/shelters system to remove the soi dogs (those who live on the streets/alleys) - with organisations like yourself being the backup to the Govt system (rather than the front end). 

Well, it's great that somebody reacted nicely to this post. Thank You.

I personally do not represent the Soi Dog Foundation, but I do contribute and of course the government should do a lot more.

My family look after 10 stray dogs on a large piece of land in the country, they don't bother anybody else except the odd chicken and are gainfully employed chasing the neighbors cows of our land (without hurting them and the cows take no notice anyway).

We also help my  neighbor in Pattaya by paying to have the 20+ cats she has vaccinated and neutered just as soon as they are old enough. But its hard to stay ahead of the game with cats and we sometime end up having to care for yet another litter until they are older.

I must confess to feeding the odd stray dog as I go around, but not in an organized way, which is why those who do work for the Soi Dog Foundation and several similar set-ups in Thailand are wonderful caring people. Hopefully one day the rest of the country will follow suit and look after animals better.

But having said that, there are so many sicko haters here, that the fact that most Thais do care for animals as best they can seems to get drowned in the screams of hate from psychopathic farangs every time soi dogs are mentioned.

I hope that you can now open a few more eyes to the best way to help soi dogs, cats and other animals in Thailand.

Post Edited. Forum Rule - 

18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

As you read through this forum and the many others on the same topic you will find many many reasons given for why the dogs should not be loose on our public streets.

I have yet to find a reasonably well laid out argument stating why the dogs should be there.

What benefit do they give to society? Please tell.

Edited by Keesters
grammar & spelling

47 minutes ago, MiKT said:

For goodness sake look before you leap.

I am not asking people to look after soi dogs, I hate to see soi dogs that are not properly cared for, I am asking people not to hurt animals and contribute to the Soi Dog Foundation or any similar organization that does have a fully organized programme of removing dogs from the streets.

You are so right there is no other solution that works.

DELETED

Oh Sorry, it seems I have been a bad dog and violated a TV rule by posting the web address of the Soi Dog Foundation and it has been deleted.

But it is easy to find the website on Google, et al. Please look it up.

Thanks for not deleting the whole post.

43 minutes ago, MiKT said:

If you have ever followed a few of my posts on this subject you will see I put my money where my mouth is and I don't blame anybody except those who discard unwanted animals and those sickos who like to hurt animals, as seen only too often on this forum.

Of course its a Thai government problem, but if everybody contributed to something to help the animals it would go a long way to removing the problem.

The Soi dog Foundation have an education programme as well as looking after animals and the new anti-cruelty laws are helping to do a bit, but without support nothing will get done and you will have to continue to step in dog shit.

At least that is better than eating some of the shit that comes out of the mouth of some of the sicko bastards that brag here about how they like to hurt animals.

By the way these soi dogs are not "wild Animals" they are domesticated animals that react well to being cared for. Its not their fault they are abandoned and abused; and even if you don't want pets, if you want to live in Thailand you should contribute to making it a better healthier place for all.

People like myself do not contribute to the problem, we do something. People like yourself who live in Thailand but do nothing to help are not innocent. You are complicit.

Go ahead and try to defend your attempts to defend your animal loving loving ways............. I equate YOU to the wife who innocently loves her drug dealing husband and tries to defend him. you are trying to defend all dogs to show the world you are such a good 'animal loving' person. Get real and admit that there are many cases where loving animals that roam free do injure innocent people. Just as the dog with no previous behavioral incidents jumped on the 14 year old girl in Bangkok causing her to need 100 stitches to her face. Think about that girl as somebody you care about and then tell me that you endorse Soi Dogs roaming freely with no control. Like yourself......... dogs don't have much of a brain......... and need to be observed and controlled (not just fed). Because Thai Buddhism and the King advocates not harming animals this may be difficult to achieve in many Thai areas, so the dogs are spared............ But the poor 14 yo girl with 100 stitches in her face wasn't spared.........................

And sad to say that this may not change. at least in the soi's in Thailand..........

Each of your blind animal defending responses in this thread have been contradicted...... It may be time for you to think before you so 'overwhelmingly' defend all animals (dogs) and realize that your love of animals (and I share that love) is not 100% warranted. If you don't want to believe me...... ask that 14 yo girl (And her dad) for her opinion about harmless soi dogs.......................

1 minute ago, sawadeeken said:

Go ahead and try to defend your attempts to defend your animal loving loving ways............. I equate YOU to the wife who innocently loves her drug dealing husband and tries to defend him. you are trying to defend all dogs to show the world you are such a good 'animal loving' person. Get real and admit that there are many cases where loving animals that roam free do injure innocent people. Just as the dog with no previous behavioral incidents jumped on the 14 year old girl in Bangkok causing her to need 100 stitches to her face. Think about that girl as somebody you care about and then tell me that you endorse Soi Dogs roaming freely with no control. Like yourself......... dogs don't have much of a brain......... and need to be observed and controlled (not just fed). Because Thai Buddhism and the King advocates not harming animals this may be difficult to achieve in many Thai areas, so the dogs are spared............ But the poor 14 yo girl with 100 stitches in her face wasn't spared.........................

And sad to say that this may not change. at least in the soi's in Thailand..........

Each of your blind animal defending responses in this thread have been contradicted...... It may be time for you to think before you so 'overwhelmingly' defend all animals (dogs) and realize that your love of animals (and I share that love) is not 100% warranted. If you don't want to believe me...... ask that 14 yo girl (And her dad) for her opinion about harmless soi dogs.......................

If you think my posts have been blind animal defending responses and endorse soi dogs roaming about you are yet another one who can't read, and assimilate plain English.

Contradicted by who, sicko animal haters?

What a load of dog <deleted>.

7 minutes ago, MiKT said:

Oh Sorry, it seems I have been a bad dog and violated a TV rule by posting the web address of the Soi Dog Foundation and it has been deleted.

Yup........... Now you have been woke up....................

Throughout this thread you have blindly tried to defends all soi dogs. a blatent mistake..... the key word is 'all'....

as an animal lover you should realize that 'all' wild animals are not safe and their behaviour cannot be assured at all times....... When they have loving care they can be very loving creatures, but....... when they are left to their own instincts they are occasionally 'unpredictible' ..... Just ask the 14 yo girl or many TV posters, or the postman who was accused of playing football with this 'small domestic' MUTT (woef, woef) and be prepared to realize the reason for all the contradictions you got on this thread

9 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Throughout this thread you have blindly tried to defends all soi dogs. a blatent mistake..... the key word is 'all'....

as an animal lover you should realize that 'all' wild animals are not safe and their behaviour cannot be assured at all times....... When they have loving care they can be very loving creatures, but....... when they are left to their own instincts they are occasionally 'unpredictible' ..... Just ask the 14 yo girl or many TV posters, or the postman who was accused of playing football with this 'small domestic' MUTT (woef, woef) and be prepared to realize the reason for all the contradictions you got on this thread

Woke -up! do you mean woken up?

What are you a complete moron, do you think I go around advocating that people feed Tigers or Bears or Crocodiles in their sois?

Soi dogs are not wild animals, but badly treated animals, like humans, can be very unpredictable

Of course dogs should not be kept that hurt anybody. That's why I advocate organisations like the Soi Dog Foundation that are dedicated to getting unwanted and mistreated animals of the streets.

Get a grip before you spout any more rubbish.

29 minutes ago, MiKT said:

8 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

There are people in life who no matter how much evidence is put before them simply refuse to accept what normal folk understand.....sawadeeken there is more chance of snow falling tomorrow in Bangkok than MiKT acknowledging

that he is wrong.

:wai2:

In no small part due to overpopulation + bad planning, Thais have succeeded is wiping out nearly every wild mammal in the kingdom.   In their place are tens of millions of dogs, at least half of which are feral.   You could hike the fields and forests of Thailand for the next fifty years and probably not see one wild mammal other than a rare rodent or common bat.  Thailand is also rapidly being covered in concrete and asphalt, but that's another topic.

3 hours ago, MiKT said:

For goodness sake look before you leap.

I am not asking people to look after soi dogs, I hate to see soi dogs that are not properly cared for, I am asking people not to hurt animals and contribute to the Soi Dog Foundation or any similar organization that does have a fully organized programme of removing dogs from the streets.

You are so right there is no other solution that works.

DELETED

2 hours ago, MiKT said:

Well, it's great that somebody reacted nicely to this post. Thank You.

I personally do not represent the Soi Dog Foundation, but I do contribute and of course the government should do a lot more.

My family look after 10 stray dogs on a large piece of land in the country, they don't bother anybody else except the odd chicken and are gainfully employed chasing the neighbors cows of our land (without hurting them and the cows take no notice anyway).

We also help my  neighbor in Pattaya by paying to have the 20+ cats she has vaccinated and neutered just as soon as they are old enough. But its hard to stay ahead of the game with cats and we sometime end up having to care for yet another litter until they are older.

I must confess to feeding the odd stray dog as I go around, but not in an organized way, which is why those who do work for the Soi Dog Foundation and several similar set-ups in Thailand are wonderful caring people. Hopefully one day the rest of the country will follow suit and look after animals better.

But having said that, there are so many sicko haters here, that the fact that most Thais do care for animals as best they can seems to get drowned in the screams of hate from psychopathic farangs every time soi dogs are mentioned.

I hope that you can now open a few more eyes to the best way to help soi dogs, cats and other animals in Thailand.

All good - we are both clearly dog lovers.  And as you say there are clearly lots of dog haters here - outnumbered we are.

Unfortunately the Thai Govt/People doesn't seem to understand that sheltering soi dogs (stray dogs) by having dog catchers pick them up and take them to a dog shelter, is being good to the dogs, and would also be doing a service to the society.  There are too many soi dogs that get angry/violent and attack people, but there are a lot more that are noisy at night and create a lot of mess on the paths/street.  I hope you guys save many and few some a new home - and great work you are doing looking after them.

23 hours ago, Emster23 said:

" And they said that they had CCTV evidence of his un-Buddhist behavior. "

I guess the workers at beach near Soi 7 Jomtien must be Christians then, as we watched them bury mother and puppies alive with bulldozer a couple of years back.....

Dogs should have read the notice banning dogs from the beach... :gigglem:

On soi pratamnak 5 , going to View Talay 3, i was sometimes chased by dogs on a motorbike,

Given how ditry they look and that they eat stuffs from trashcans , i am not to keen on beeing bitten by those animals.

I perfectly understands someone wants to fix a problem that Thais are not addressing.

Edited by bodymassagemyfriend

6 minutes ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

On soi pratamnak 5 , going to View Talay 3, i was sometimes chased by dogs on a motorbike,

Given how ditry they look and that they eat stuffs from trashcans , i am not to keen on beeing bitten by those animals.

I perfectly understands someone wants to fix a problem that Thais are not addressing.

Wow, you was chased by dogs on a motorbike! 

8 hours ago, mikiea said:

self righteous dude go help the old man under the bridge , there is no anchor in your ass  ..... 

being 7300km / 4500 miles away, so it's a bit difficult to help one individual,

but we do many regular donations from afar, via relatives to designated charities,

which btw don't go to the dogs

Well about the only good thing about this forum, apart from alerting at least Bob9 to the good work being done by the Soi Dog Foundation, is the very heartening fact that it was Thais who alerted the police to animal cruelty and it was the Thai Police who warned mad Harold not to do it again. Things are looking up.

Plus we did not get one animal hating sick brained post from a genuine Thai. Only goes to prove the number of physiologically unsound sadistic farangs who have managed to drag themselves over here and pollute the country with their unsavoury ideas.

Must be really great to go home and brag to your kids how you squirted vinegar or bleach in the eyes of some poor dog. What hero's.

Still I will leave with the happy thought that it was Harold who got the arrow in the eye, not his dog.

Sorry about the lost flamingoes clh.

NB you threaten me again on my personal mail sawadeeken and you will find out something really interesting about hungry dogs.

Just now, MiKT said:

Well about the only good thing about this forum, apart from alerting at least Bob9 to the good work being done by the Soi Dog Foundation, is the very heartening fact that it was Thais who alerted the police to animal cruelty and it was the Thai Police who warned mad Harold not to do it again. Things are looking up.

Plus we did not get one animal hating sick brained post from a genuine Thai. Only goes to prove the number of physiologically unsound sadistic farangs who have managed to drag themselves over here and pollute the country with their unsavoury ideas.

Must be really great to go home and brag to your kids how you squirted vinegar or bleach in the eyes of some poor dog. What hero's.

Still I will leave with the happy thought that it was Harold who got the arrow in the eye, not his dog.

Sorry about the lost flamingoes clh.

NB you threaten me again on my personal mail sawadeeken and you will find out something really interesting about hungry dogs.

It comes down to ignorance, why choose the descendants of our lost pets over all other natural species, why disrespect nature over some false notion that this one species has some divine right to be there, we have a responsibility, we created this imbalance and we should right it by removing this very foreign species from nature, that doesn't mean spraying vinegar in their eyes though, that means a well thought out plan to wipe them out completely through castration etc.

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

Not really your typical Pattaya Soi dog...

Would you really want this hanging around your house???

1848-444663.jpg

Your wife should look after you better when you drink too much. I wouldn't treat a dog like that. 

Time for a last meal; entire Pattaya is simply infested with all those stray sick homeless dogs. The Thais feed them, these dogs screw as if there is no tomorrow and the result is evident. Apart from getting attacked there are piles of manure everywhere. 
All non-vegetarians better shut up if anyone suggests sending these dogs to the slaughter house; in Sakorn Nakhon dog meat is a delight so, if you're into chicken, beef, pork or seafood then accept that this would be an excellent solution to the problem. 
A study of the Red Cross in 1997 (that's almost 20 years ago) revealed a Soi Dog society of not less than 28 million canines and, by the look at the situation, the number did not get smaller. 

Multiple off topic bickering and baiting posts and replies have been removed, topic is about dogs not wildlife and mountain tops with concrete on them. Please stay on topic or stay off the topic completely, thank you. 

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:41 PM, Mangkorndang said:

Perhaps the German gentleman has had similar experiences to me with "soi dogs" in Thailand.  I walk or bicycle ride most days in Chiang Mai.  In the last ten years I have had to receive medical attention on three times for dog bites.   Hardly a day goes by when I am not confronted or actually attacked.  I now carry a stout black taped pick handle to drive them off.

My fury is not at the dogs.  I am in fact dog lover.  I am annoyed with the people who own these animals and fail to care and train them properly.... or worse have abandoned them in the streets.

My particular angst is towards Thai people often the dogs owners who think it is funny and actually laugh when I am rushed or attacked.  There is nothing amusing.

I have previously urged on this forum and elsewhere for a comprehensive local or government endeavour to round up these stray dogs, humanely destroy the sick or diseased and desex the remainder.  

I go out daily for a walk for 1+ hours and I'd say about 9 out of 10 times I get a dog or two that growl at me. I either keep walking or if I think they won't go away, I stop, square up with them so I appear as large as possible, and that usually makes them run away. The minority of times they take a step or two towards me and I do the same towards them, loudly stomping my foot. All but one time out of dozens that has worked.

The other day I had about 6 or so of them surround me, growling and I rushed the largest ones and they scampered away. But I thought for sure it was getting physical on that one.

Only had time did I have a physical encounter, when one lunged for my girlfriend near our place. I either had to let it bite her or take action, so I gave it a front kick to the neck (so it couldn't twist its head and bite me). It ran away. I could have kicked it in the head, but honestly, I did not want to hurt it.

BTW, when I go walking, I carry a stick or baton just for this reason. Half the time when they growl I just whistle and they mellow out. There's a couple along my route that now will actually walk along side me for a minute or so.

I think it would be more difficult to defend if you are on a bike. Plus, I think they are attracted to the speed vs. a guy walking.

On 9/7/2016 at 3:09 AM, MiKT said:

So many sick brained ugly Jai Dam cowardly individuals who are scared of a few soi dogs.

Its quite unbelievable the filth they like to boast about hurting animals time and time again on this forum. There must be some sort of ghastly physiological sadistic perversion that makes people want to brag about injuring and killing animals.

Spraying dogs with something unpleasant makes you wonder if Harolds Father and Mother were gainfully employed removing Jews and other "undesirables" from the vunderbar third Reich, that fortunately did not last a thousand years. 

The Reich is long, long gone, but the worst parts of its Nazi legacy have clearly been passed down to him and too many here. 

And no, this is not a rant about Germans, I never saw a dog in Germany that was not well looked after and its owners taking good care to keep the place clean. See Will is a great example of how normal Germans treat dogs so well. More power to your nasty Scotsman kicking boots Will.

For those who think riding a bicycle makes them very tough and manly, I would like to spray a bit of vinegar in your eyes and see how you like it. At least you would be able to wash your eyes, a dog cannot do that so easily. Plain water would do exactly the same with no harm to the dog.

For those advocating using bleach on a dogs eyes, if I find out who you are I guarantee you will see the inside of a police station.

But do the sicko animal haters do anything but moan and curse against living in Thailand?

No.

Do they contribute to the Soi Dog Foundation or some other organisation trying to humanly reduce the population of poor discarded dogs and cats and other animals that have been so badly mistreated by humans?

NO they do not.

Its a one way street living here for these cowards who only want to take and give nothing back to help improve the county.

Mean spirited, sick brained, cheap charlie, perverted, sadistic, ............I simply run out of words that would be printed in this forum to describe you sicko animal haters.

Put a little money into Soi Dog Foundation and help yourselves sleep better at night.

Not that some of you deserve a good nights sleep. I hope you animal hurters have the snarling, barking dogs you are so scared of in your dreams and in the hells you are destined for.

Nobody agrees  with you, notice the lack of  likes?