Changing From Retirement To Marriage Extension - Need New Visa?

Greenside

1 hour ago, malt25 said:

Yeah, 90 day report still a reality. Mail or online report is the way to go unless you live close to the IO.

The situation here in Sakon Nakhon maybe unique. All staff at the immigration office here are really friendly & efficient. I have successfully done online 90 day report but I don't mind visiting the IO & getting friendly smiles.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

If it works and most it don't.

1 hour ago, bridge2bridge said:

I am stating MY experience.

So it is NOT rubbish.

"Don't do it. Retirement is MUCH easier & less hassles."

Your comment was a generalization. You didn't state that you had trouble changing, or trying to change from retirement to marriage. Your statement indicates that all retirement applications-approvals,are difficult & are a hassle. Your experience may have been difficult. BUT, if one follows the guidelines & provides all necessary documents, the application is straightforward & easy. Where are the hassles ???

Cheers.....     Mal.

Let's just close this out and cut through the irrelevant replies and arguments about which kind of visa is best.

I asked the original question because I only had a few hours before going to make my application and didn't want to waste my time as the alternative was to do a visa run to somewhere the very next day (my fault, bad planning).  The possibility that there might be an issue as rumoured was credible because a couple of years ago I was not allowed to apply for a Marriage Extension as the non-O I had used for several years was converted from a Tourist Visa at the CM Immigration Office for the purpose of getting a Retirement Extension and it turned out to be a one trick pony.  It seems that this was something unique to CM (hence the local post) which almost no-one knew about but in  the event I just got a new visa on my last trip to the UK so no big deal.

I hope the report of my experience and tips are of use to others making their first application are of help.  By the way, UbonJoe is super knowledgeable and has been very helpful to me in the past.

Edited by Greenside