Pattaya Jet Ski Scams - Have They Ended?

sharecropper

This is great news if true.

Well done social media and the cops /Army/ City Hall.

think that covers them all.  :thumbsup:

if these scum bags are out of business and stay out of business, that's  good.

Now tourist who wish to Jet ski can and enjoy there time in Pattaya.

Good Job :thumbsup:

Edited by onemorechang

13 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Thanks. So this has to go down as a rare, positive local development.

Yeah.  It really did seem to be getting out of hand.  Bad enough to scam people, but the violence, and threats, and knives and machetes being shown is too much.  If the scammers have lost business it is because they got greedy and tried it too often.   They got greedy.  They got too ambitious.

On 9/16/2016 at 10:26 AM, phycokiller said:

the main gang opposite mikes went out of business,  I dont know why, I suspect that with the posts on thaivisa and other places and less tourists they ran out of customers to rip off

a step toward the end of corruption. when the last of the business that cater to tourists goes bankrupt the last of the tourist scams will stop. in a way the army in power can take some credit for this. nice work mr general.

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

a step toward the end of corruption. when the last of the business that cater to tourists goes bankrupt the last of the tourist scams will stop. in a way the army in power can take some credit for this. nice work mr general.

I dont think the powers that be had much to do with it, it was things like these threads and youtube videos, their fame overtook them and with the low tourist numbers they ran out of customers, the fat guys that ran it now have a boat in the same area, and half pint, the guy that used to pull off his shirt and do all the drama is now up by 13/2

19 hours ago, performance said:

Please ask yourself these questions. 

Has the police force been reformed ?

Have the motorbike taxi had meters on bike ?

Did Prayut start a reform ?

Are the jet ski scammers operating. Of course they are lol.

Well if they are its not visible because I like most others have stopped observing them. Not sure why you feel the need to end lol....??  Most do that when they know they are talking outa their backsides

On 9/17/2016 at 5:07 PM, kg1947 said:

stay away from them , especially if you're First Timer to Pattaya.

i never use jet ski anywhere i cant be doing with the aggro, but with phones these days if i was going to use a jet ski or rent a motor bike for that matter i would take pictures of the jet ski, bike from all different angles and let them see i was taking picture before i rent anything.

7 hours ago, catman20 said:

i never use jet ski anywhere i cant be doing with the aggro, but with phones these days if i was going to use a jet ski or rent a motor bike for that matter i would take pictures of the jet ski, bike from all different angles and let them see i was taking picture before i rent anything.

Who ya going to show the photo to?   The cop that comes to straighten things out?  He's in on it.  Your attorney?  You won't get that far without paying up before you leave the site.

Scams like that aren't a match of wits or evidence.  They're brutal extortion.  The only way to avoid it 100%?  Don't rent one.

Suggesting that having a photo of the goods before and after you rent a jet ski is irresponsible.  Some newby (or idiot) may take your advice and it won't end well just because they have a photo.

Save your camera for Avis and Hertz.  There, the photos may save you a few bucks.

Edited by impulse

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Who ya going to show the photo to?   The cop that comes to straighten things out?  He's in on it.  Your attorney?  You won't get that far without paying up before you leave the site.

Scams like that aren't a match of wits or evidence.  They're brutal extortion.  The only way to avoid it 100%?  Don't rent one.

Suggesting that having a photo of the goods before and after you rent a jet ski is irresponsible.  Some newby (or idiot) may take your advice and it won't end well just because they have a photo.

Save your camera for Avis and Hertz.  There, the photos may save you a few bucks.

it was not advice only a alternative, however it seem hard for there jet ski operators to accuse you of doing damage to something when you clearly have pictures of any damage that was there prior to renting it. i have done this when i have ever needed to rent a motor bike as the same scams are pulled with renting bikes.