Swede arrested in Bangkok for threatening public officials

webfact

Swede arrested in Bangkok for threatening public officials

p2.jpg

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Swedish man with a Thai wife was arrested in Don Muang yesterday on charges that he has threatened public officials in Sweden and Thailand over many years.

John Patrick Kjellstrom, 45, was found at his home in Soi Weluwanaram 36 yesterday afternoon. He lived there with his Thai wife, reported Thairath.

The arrest follows representations about intimidation with menaces made against the public prosecutor in Stockholm as well as Thai customs officials.

Further details of what this referred to were not reported but the alleged offences were said to have been committed over many years.

The suspect had entered Thailand in 2007 via the airport in Phuket and was on overstay. He was detained pending prosecution.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-16

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously this dude is not right in the head to go making threats against officials in both

countries where he lives in, otherwise, what an idiot thinks that he can get away with

such behavior, in Sweden maybe, but in Thailand, and with no visa, you're one jackass

of a man....

This story does not add up. He supposedly threatened officials over a period of several years. I would like to hear his side of the story, sounds more like the officials were bullying him, extorting him or threatening him for several years and perhaps he had enough and snapped and answered back to them, who knows? Good luck to this Swede - don't hold your breath waiting for justice.

When you translate an article form another news agency please use the proper translation as กงศุล is not customs (which is written as ศุลกากร), but is the consul of an embassy (in this case the consul of Sweden in Bangkok). Not Thai customs.

And he must be indeed an idiot threatening a consul while being illegally in the country....

Edited by Wildliferescue

He seems to be having legal problems back home in Sweden (tax, company and/or similar).

I would guess that he threatened the people at the Swedish embassy if they refused to renew his passport (they will not renew your passport if you are wanted by the police/court in Sweden) and as he has been here for sins 2007 (9 years) and a Swedish passport is only good for 5 years... one thing lead to another, overstay!

4 minutes ago, Kasset Tak said:

He seems to be having legal problems back home in Sweden (tax, company and/or similar).

I would guess that he threatened the people at the Swedish embassy if they refused to renew his passport (they will not renew your passport if you are wanted by the police/court in Sweden) and as he has been here for sins 2007 (9 years) and a Swedish passport is only good for 5 years... one thing lead to another, overstay!

Should have gone to Dubai for advice in getting a new passport... 

Thai wife..overstaying...threaten custom officials?  I did once when they tried to frame me with a pathetic 250gm of Sheesha tobacco on my way from Cairo to Brunei with 2 nights stop over in bkk?Only because they got me back from outside the airport while having a fag?

I strongly protested thatmy bag was scanned and I was allowed through.long story but I got the best out of them 

"...The suspect had entered Thailand in 2007...and was on overstay..."

A Pyrrhic victory!

Whilst he may have thought he had won the battles with officialdom,  it is now painfully obvious that he has well-and-truly lost the war.

At the very least, he is probably facing a 10 year ban from Thailand if his Overstay is more than 5 Years.

3 hours ago, jaidam said:

This story does not add up. He supposedly threatened officials over a period of several years. I would like to hear his side of the story, sounds more like the officials were bullying him, extorting him or threatening him for several years and perhaps he had enough and snapped and answered back to them, who knows? Good luck to this Swede - don't hold your breath waiting for justice.

The story does not add up ??

You must be his brother.

I know one Swede who is not right in the head. Acts just like this guy.

Justice will be, when he does 2-3 years at the Local Bangkok Hilton, Amari, Westin etc. Then send him back to Sweden.

If on overstay, why hasn't he kept a low profile?

He has his own home, but couldn't get a Visa sorted? Mmm. Seems he might be mentally ill. Hope the court will take this into account and let him fly out without staying for weeks at IDC where he will be bullied and forced to pay the nastiest inmate there, or worse.

...sooner or later...anyone can decide to get rid of you....

...get a few of them together with 'the same story'....and it is a done deal...

...not saying this is the case here....but.....

....sounds highly unlikely.....

...slander...like so many things here...it works for the locals and against the foreigners....

....you will have a mob against a foreigner in an instant.....

...and as for the foreigner....it will cost him millions just to begin a case...

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Obviously this dude is not right in the head to go making threats against officials in both

countries where he lives in, otherwise, what an idiot thinks that he can get away with

such behavior, in Sweden maybe, but in Thailand, and with no visa, you're one jackass

of a man....

TAKE CHILL PILL DUDE!  "officials"  are corrupt  everywhere in world. maybe you are on off them :angry: