Four Pattaya Bars Targeted for Midnight Raids

webfact

Four Pattaya Bars Targeted for Midnight Raids

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just after midnight on the morning of September 16, Pattaya police teams carried raids on four bars around the town.

The Noir Pub, the Finn Pub, Nomtoh Bar and the Fast Pub were all targeted by raid teams.

At the Nomtoh Bar officers discovered three E-Cigarettes and some fruit flavored liquid hidden under the counter that were seized as evidence.

The bar staff said they belonged to the owner who was away in the village.

At the Fast Pub two of the customers were under twenty-years-old and a waiter was found in possession of an Ice smoking pipe and a machete.

All three were taken to Pattaya police station for processing.

Source: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/231728/four-pattaya-bars-targeted-midnight-raids/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-16

Just now, mark01 said:

Unbelievable!!!

Isn't smoking cigarettes still illegal in venues? If so, they should have arrested everyone with a packet of cigarettes in their pocket.

smoking is illegal, having a pack of ciggies in your pocket is not.

7 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

think it is the army hitting pubs owned by cops. there may be a turf war going on.

I have yet to hear any credible evidence that the the army is anyway as near as corrupt as the police.

Seems they are making sure the police do not miss anything.

Just now, Basil B said:

I have yet to hear any credible evidence that the the army is anyway as near as corrupt as the police.

need to give the army time to become as corrupt as the cops. wonder how the army are going to take a slice of the bar scene pie. just raiding the bars and shutting them down only results in a one time reopening fee. cops get ongoing payments for being partners.

20 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

think it is the army hitting pubs owned by cops. there may be a turf war going on.

I think your onto something when you look at the big scores they are making.  Quote At the Nomtoh Bar officers discovered three E-Cigarettes and some fruit flavored liquid hidden under the counter that were seized as evidence. unquote. Geeze Louise go after some big time crooks not all this low hanging fruit

2 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

need to give the army time to become as corrupt as the cops. wonder how the army are going to take a slice of the bar scene pie. just raiding the bars and shutting them down only results in a one time reopening fee. cops get ongoing payments for being partners.

There is a risk, but then the army is Thailand's only hope of riding corruption inside and outside of the police force, at this stage it is also easy for the higher ranks to jump on any lower rank taking bribes, lets hope this is the beginning of the end to corruption in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

I think your onto something when you look at the big scores they are making.  Quote At the Nomtoh Bar officers discovered three E-Cigarettes and some fruit flavored liquid hidden under the counter that were seized as evidence. unquote. Geeze Louise go after some big time crooks not all this low hanging fruit

its a big score if you find an under age worker.  

Just now, williamgeorgeallen said:

its a big score if you find an under age worker.  

They came up dry on that one. If they did come up with an under age worker does that mean they all share in the spoils? Poor girl would more than likely do anything to get out of a jam like that. 

10 minutes ago, Basil B said:

There is a risk, but then the army is Thailand's only hope of riding corruption inside and outside of the police force, at this stage it is also easy for the higher ranks to jump on any lower rank taking bribes, lets hope this is the beginning of the end to corruption in Thailand.

have you ever lived in thailand, tried to do anything, property, business or anything else? place has corruption so ingrained it would take generations to remove completly, if it is even possible at all. anyone with any power abuses that power for their own gain. i accept that corruption will not be removed here within my lifetime. now the army has absolute power i expect corruption is more likely to increase. 

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

I suspect that in any other country throughout the world this police raid would be considered a wash out and complete failure. Exactly what did they achieve? 

This is just constant lip service, the police pretending they are cracking down on illegal activity whilst all the while it is right under their very noses.

And how many times do we have to read that the owner was away at some village somewhere,, please.

47 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

They came up dry on that one. If they did come up with an under age worker does that mean they all share in the spoils? Poor girl would more than likely do anything to get out of a jam like that. 

met a few 17 years olds selling themselves around pattaya. can tell when they say they dont have an ID. they are no different and just as willing as an 18 year old as far as i can tell. i would not take the rish however. i heard of one guy who did and had to pay an on the spot 250k fine. wonder how much the fine is for having one working in your bar.

some one said what did this achieve? pretty sure quite a few cops are in negotiations with the army to keep there bars open now. army is moving in. 

The raids will continue by the Army as they are the new sheriff in town and they intend to stay. These raids are currently against Thai owned bars meant as a warning that things will never go back to the way they were before. Farang owned bars will be taken down in good time.  The whole Pattaya scene is changing. Many bars are up for sale but if you buy them you are buying a losing venture. Don't waste your money.

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

Yes the army are just as corrupt, they also "protect" the bars and other venues plus they have a very lucrative business going on inside their camps. Now that they are in charge they are spreading their wings so to speak into what was once restricted areas. 

5 hours ago, Basil B said:

All the army are going to do is take away many of the police revenue sources, the army guys are already muscling in on the clubs, prostitution, gambling etc. The higher ranks are in charge completely as they now have more powers than the police,  remember Prayut gave them that power a few months ago.

The police will be intensifying their traffic revenue collections now, opportunity is where you find it.

Corruption will never ever be stopped because the uniforms don't want it to stop.

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Takes time for the word to leak out. The smarter ones learned from 2007. Don't flaunt it quite so much. Back in 1992 they were even more open, spoiled seeing Chattichai Choonhawen and his "buffet cabinet" being so brazen, they thought they could get away with it. Well, I guess they were right -- Suchinda is a very rich man now, treated with enormous respect.

14 hours ago, mark01 said:

Unbelievable!!!

Isn't smoking cigarettes still illegal in venues? If so, they should have arrested everyone with a packet of cigarettes in their pocket.

As far as I know the non smoking law is still in effect but after about one year it was no longer enforced.  I remember a few years back when it went non-smoking.  I thought it was great.  But smoking goes on everywhere I have been lately