NHK World Japan channel disappeared.

sixlegs

Dear fellow Members from Chiang Mai,

Today afternoon the only TV channel that I was able to watch here, the NHK World Japan disappeared from the channel list in my apartment building and it was replaced by a football channel that is far out of my interest range. People who watch this channel know that it is really a "relaxed" Japanese news/documentary/public service channel with a somewhat booby attitude but that's why I preferred it over the sensationalist western news channels.

Coincidentally, yesterday afternoon it aired a very short - probably 8-10 minutes - interview with a Thai documentary film director who was not quite criticizing the system of Thai democracy, but encouraged some better understanding of it. If this is the reason of its disappearance I think we reached a point here which is a new low. I asked the reception whether they knew anything about this and they said some technician came and "adjusted something" earlier.

Could any of you confirm/deny that this channel is disappearing from the TV channel packages in Chiang Mai?

I've got crappy TV coverage too, in my apt building.  Yesterday watching ladies golf from France, the station blinked twice and then went to a Vietnamese soap opera.  And never returned to golf. 

Probably due to the cheapest possible TV cable package in the apt building.  I can't see any solution except to buy my own dish antenna.  Won't happen.

I can't see any solution except to buy my own dish antenna.  Won't happen.

Um, you really rely on the apartment management for your TV channel selections? I assume you are "living" here and not just here for a month or two, so why on earth would you not spend the money on some sort of cable or satellite TV yourself?

If having your own TV service is too expensive for you, then you are indeed living on the razor's edge financially, and I pity you. 
However, if that is the case, I'd advise you to unplug the boob-tube and go to the nearest used book store.