Poll for expats ... have you been required to fill out the personal info form?

Poll for expats ... have you been required to fill out the personal info form?   

254 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haven't filled out the form yet, as I travel outside the country too often. (at least once every 10-11 weeks)  Every time I come back to Thailand the 90 day clock is re-set, so I don't need to do 90 day reporting.

That being said, I have been to the immigration office, as my wife was submitting the TM30 form, and there was no request for me to fill out any more documents.   (probably just lucky)

In Chiangmai ,if you are doing anything in person you are required to fill out the form.

if you are doing 90 days, reentry, extension on the same day you are required to fill out a form for each action,so 3 additional forms. I guess if you add TM30 & TM 28 on the same day it could be five! Farcical.

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Scotwight said:

Have lived in Thailand many years and done all the reports and extensions and the only place I have heard about the form is on Thai Visa

Now required in Udon Thani. Was asked to fill in Name and Address only. Left all the rest blank. 90 day report on Retirement Visa.

8 minutes ago, DP25 said:

Was required to fill it out for a tourist visa extension in Chiang Mai.  Previously was on a non B in a different province and never did it.

Certainly don't consider it a 'triggering experience' though.  

A "triggering" event is any visit to immigration to do most anything. Certainly 90 day reports and extensions. 

I went to Phuket Immigration today to collect my passport after applying yesterday to renew my retirement exon, when I then went to apply for multiple exit I was presented with this form to complete along with the form applying for the multiple exit. I observed someone questioning the form and the volunteers at the desk advised that the form be photocopied (multiple copies) as each visit would require this in future. I didn't complete the form as it was late in the afternoon and nobody questioned this, I feel this is a real infringement anyway.

• Like 1

I was given the form on my last extension at Lop Buri. Just filled in personal details, left the rest blank. Officer wanted a photo, but when I said I needed it for my reentry form, they just tossed it in the tray on their desk. Not much interest shown. 

I had to fill it in in Jomtien when I last extended a tourist visa. It brought the total number

of pages/paperwork to be filled in/photocopied to 11. Not sure who supplies all the paper

or what is done with it but vast swaths of trees are turned into paper to fulfill Thai immigration

paperwork. Almost all the information is duplicate information on the application for the extension.

That said every extension is just a duplicate of the last one. I shake my head, Jesus weeps. :sad:

• Like 1

I've lived here permanently since 2009. I'm one of the "lucky" ones who has been able to  do 7x90 day reports online.Our lass has never submitted a TM30 (Foreigner living at her house) and I have never submitted a TM28 (Change of address)  despite having lived at 3 different addresses since I arrived.  Never been asked to fill in the "new form", but they (immigration) have most of the information on file already, so I'm not phased. All will be revealed when I renew my permission to stay in the near future

Three weeks ago at Phuket Immigration office I was getting a re-entry stamp, had to fill in the form. I was told that the policy there was that needed to fill in a new copy of the personal data form every time for any action at the Immigration office. Yes, 90-day, extensions, et al. They take a 1-second glace then staple the form to the packet of forms, get a number and wait, then no further attention to the personal info form. Total waste of time and paper.

I noticed that the "form" was not included in the actual 90 day notification "interview".  The officer threw the filled out form in a cardboard box and clipped the required documents for the notification together as usual.  So, this could indicate that a different bunch is getting the forms.  I might add that the lady officer did not even glance at the form.

So far have never been asked to fill out this form. Did 90 day few weeks ago and not asked.  Only small difference I noted was that my receipt of notification was printed on green paper instead of the usual recycled forms containing personal details of previous reports.  This at Jomtien, but noticed the front desks were cluttered with a wash of them.