Video: Pattaya police drugs arrest in broad daylight

webfact

Video: Pattaya police drugs arrest in broad daylight

a3.jpg

Video screenshot

PATTAYA: -- A video shows the dramatic conclusion to a drugs bust in Pattaya yesterday.

Several armed plain clothes officers from the Pattaya station attempt to get two suspects out of their pick-up on the railway road near the Nong Ket Yai intersection.

After kicking the windows out they manage to extricate the drug agents from within the vehicle that had earlier had a tire shot out.

The drama began earlier when police set up a sting operation after reports that two men called Ghost and York were selling amphetamines to teenagers in Banglamung.

Officers pretended to be interesting in buying three grams of "ice" and a meeting was set up.

But the sting went wrong as the suspects got wind of the operation and fled in the Isuzu pick-up first towards the station then on routes 7 and 36 before heading back towards the station again.

This was when chasing police took the decision to fire at the tires that led to the standoff denouement as shown in the video.

The suspects were detained as police look into expanding the inquiry to locate their suppliers.

Source: CH3 Facebook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-21

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, sharecropper said:

It just looks totally unprofessional and dangerous (to innocent bystanders) to me.

How can it take so long to break into a car in these circumstances?

A tinted window that is would up tight does actually take a bit of a beating to break.

I clearly heard gun shots. Are you kidding me? Shooting guns with all those people standing nearby. Reminds me of the drug bust recently where the SWAT team & soldiers opened fire on a suspect and hit his hostage twice. 
Its really scary how things work here. 

They shot the tyres..why not use the gun on the window?

Just looks like loads of resources for little gain.

Same everywhere really, just watched police interceptors where they needed 4 cars and a helicopter to arrest a guy for some minor offense. He was fined 100 quid.

1 hour ago, sharecropper said:

But why not shoot out the door lock or the windscreen?

sometimes the bullets go straight through with nasty consequences. very few police forces in the world would risk shooting out tires let alone car windows. in the western world cops are only allowed to used firearms if lives are at risk. 

To all the people suggesting shoot the windscreen out, you do realise it's quite hard to reach through a bullet sized hole to open the door. Also there could be innocents inside. 

They could always wait for them to step out and put their hands up then taser and shoot them as in civilised countries. 

Try to realise Hollywood is not an educational establishment

12 minutes ago, MadMuhummad said:

I'm loving all the arm chair police tacticians. Always easy to criticise from behind the keyboard, especially for those that feel they are superior in every way to the locals.

Grow up. This really was an example of poor training, and that should be a concern to everyone because the next time these clowns employ their bush baby tactics, someone could get killed. There was zero discipline, just a bunch of Walking Street thugs playing "look at me, I'm a hero". Appalling police work.

I have to go against the grain on this one, yes it looks crazy, and unprofessional, however as opposed to the recent US police shootings on blacks, e.g. killings of innocent blacks, shoot first ask questions later. I think no lose of life has worked out well in this instance, 2 alleged drug dealers caught, if they were not drug dealers, why wouldn't they be opening the doors ?

Congrates to the cops, and Bruce ...?

time wasting nonsense. waste of police resources. dangerous behaviour by authority figures - total sham

27 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Police arrest drug dealers- Thaigeezers complain about it. Classic.

At least some TV members have common sense! The war on drugs is a waste of time that does more harm to society than drugs.

what were the goons thinking when they refused to come out of their pick up the tyres of which had been disabled. were they thinking that the problem will go away just like that. it only made the job  of the police a  little more difficult and they did  a good job of it, considering the risk they were exposed to as the offenders could have been armed.