Plucky and lucky - former deputy district chief survives shooting by neighbor in Roi-Et

webfact

Plucky and lucky - former deputy district chief survives shooting by neighbor in Roi-Et

a4.jpg

Image: Thairath

ROI-ET: -- A former local authority deputy district chief in Roi-Et had a lucky escape after a neighbor came into his property armed with a gun.

A fight broke out in a bedroom with the ex-deputy being pistol whipped then shot. But the bullet missed him leaving him with only marks on his left arm like insect bites, reported Thairath.

But he had got in some serious blows of his own with a knife - his assailant was later captured in the woods covered in blood and was charged with attempted murder.

The drama in NonTan district of Roi-Et began early yesterday morning when Bunhom Sukchaisong, 53, was preparing some fertilizer sacks for his fields. 

A rain storm started and he decided to go indoors to get some breakfast.

At this point he heard a neighbor screaming wildly to watch out - a man called Manoch was entering his house armed with a gun.

Bunhom grabbed his wife Lamai and son Adisak and piled into his son's bedroom to hide. But Manoch threw open the door of the room and started hitting Bunhom over the head with the gun.

Bunhom fought back grabbing a knife and attacking his assailant all over his body. Manoch then shot at Bunhom and then fled the house on a green Yamaha motorbike.

Bunhom claimed that he had never had any problems with his neighbors and had even helped Manoch with a problem he had had in Nakorn Rachasima before. 

He was treated for head wounds from the pistol whipping and phots were taken of the marks from the gunshot on his arm.

The police hunt for the gunman began and soon it was discovered that he was hiding in nearby woods. Police located the motorcycle and found the gun used in the shooting under the seat along with ammunition.

They threw a cordon around the woods and managed to apprehend Manoch who was covered in blood from several serious wounds inflicted in the fight in the house. He was taken to Roi-Et hospital.

Manoch told police that he had been arguing with his wife and believed that she had gone to hide in Bunhom's house so he went there. But he ended up arguing with his neighbor.

He was charged with attempted murder and detained.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-22

Wait a minute......soooo....if my Thai neighbor has an argument with his wife and cannot find her afterwards, he will automatically assume she hides in my house and will come into my house with a gun????? Now I know why my wife double locks all doors at all times....

Edited by AlQaholic

10 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Sure is, thankfully it wouldn't happen in any other country....Oh!... Chicago alone... so far this year 500 people shot dead ....forgot about that.

i was under t he  illusion it was  a Thai forum otherwise why stop at Earth and keep going with the known universe

As long as the law appears to be inadequate to deal effectively with people guilty of stealing (possibly to feed a drug habit), raping and doing fraudulent land deals, there will continue to be actions of vigilante-style retribution, often resulting in death by stabbing or shooting.   Add to this, the ridiculous face-saving assaults and murders when rejected by a lover or allegedly verbally abused, then the crime rate will always be high.  

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Absolutely bang on, and that's not even taking into account all the Thais who live here too.

I know I shouldn't but 5555555.  Thanks for a little light heartedness. :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 0:25 PM, louse1953 said:

You've been in Thailand to long.There is a world out there that revolves around Thailand.

Well there is about 65mil.who would disagree with you here in Thailand ?