Thai Police: Thawatchai was dead because someone did it to him

webfact

4 hours ago, smedly said:

I can feel a new word about to enter the Thai Justice system and perhaps the world - Thailand the hub of new words.................................murderside, will it make it to google translate ? probably not because you would need a description so everybody knows what it means

Sorry to coorect your spelling but the officer clearly said it was neither murder nor suicide so we are left with Murdside . Thanks for the laugh :clap2:

I'm going to go out on a limb here but given his age and also the nature of what he was caught up in (signing illegal title deeds to potentially valuable land). It would come as no shock if the DSI boys decided to go a bit Bruce Lee on him during the interrogation (as those higher up would probably like the names of the recipients of who got a dodgy title deed) for future investigation (a.k.a. a brown envelope) and got a bit carried away. They didn't mean to...it was an accident we hit him a bit too hard. 

They then realized their mistake on a 60 (ish) year old man who had spent most of his life stuck behind a desk, lashed him back in the cell, bodged together a suicide with socks!! And crossed their fingers. 

5 hours ago, BSJ said:

"  "Please do not assume that a death caused by another person is equal to murder," he said.  ":cheesy:  How did this clown rise through the ranks to become a Colonel???

Money+Connections=Colonel. Kappish. Under that calm exterior lies a? I will get back to you on that. 

5 hours ago, chrisinth said:

He made the rank by being able to be defensibly politically correct (to unspoken authorities) when issuing statements.

With his dancing around the facts, he obviously wants to keep the rank...........................

and let us not forget the money that his rank cost

"However, he insisted that police could not conclude at this point whether Tawatchai was murdered."

Well, if someone mashed up his liver etc, and then choked him into unconsciousness it was obviously an accident done by the cleaning staff.

"he did not commit suicide but someone might have made him die"

He did not commit suicide, he did not die of old age, disease etc, he did not fall off a balcony, he did not drown, he was not hit by a car, so what options are left?

4 hours ago, bark said:

Maybe it is Thai Translation  Should read... 

" Someone Suicide Him "

Often there are expressions and words that sound ridiculous when translated. Especially when the translators are non native speakers of English. Hence, sometimes there are people here who over criticise headlines but they are just poor translations. Perhaps in this case someone has attempted to translate a Thai idiom into English. Idioms usually cause misunderstandings when translated.  Thai can often seem illogical when translated to English. Sometimes its impossible to translate something without losing meaning too...

thai visa pundits once again making ridiculous remarks based solely on reading a poorly written headline.

the actual quote from the article makes more sense:

“The terminology used may not sound familiar but it derived from evidence, testimonies from individuals and forensic witnesses,” said Pol Col Mana, adding that there are enough evidence to indicate that Mr Thawatchai’s death was caused by somebody else.

“We do not use the word murder or manslaughter at this stage because that will be part of the case file,” said the superintendent.

given that the article is translated from thai the awkward wording is hardly surprising - it could easily have been translated as foul play is suspected. 

1 hour ago, claffey said:

Often there are expressions and words that sound ridiculous when translated. Especially when the translators are non native speakers of English. Hence, sometimes there are people here who over criticise headlines but they are just poor translations. Perhaps in this case someone has attempted to translate a Thai idiom into English. Idioms usually cause misunderstandings when translated.  Thai can often seem illogical when translated to English. Sometimes its impossible to translate something without losing meaning too...

Thai to Thai should not be Lost in translation. Murder is murder in all Languages.

10 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

He's dead because somebody did it to him !

Erhm, isn't there one word that covers this but it's apparently taboo to use it so if he wasn't murdered it must be an assisted suicide by some kind person helping the deceased to end his life.

Did the deceased consent to being '  assisted ' I wonder ?

I think it's the sheer brilliance of the statement based on the scientific inquiries and diligent police work that stuns. 

Now watch this go even less further than the former pol.col ex ptp MP involved in the mysterious death and shares transfers case which the prosecutor suddenly said has no evidence.

"someone might have made him die"

I don't want to impinge on the seriousness of this matter, but I have a picture in my head of Dr Evil standing over Tawatchai, pointing that finger and saying in that voice: "You will die for me Mr Anukul, because the alternative for you is to unbearable to con...tem...plate!"

The wording of Pol Col Mana's statement is a bit silly.

There are simplier words that they can understand like corruption and cronyism. Words that they use to justify the coup and words that they proudly state in their reform master plan. Maybe those 2 words are for the peasants and don't apply to the     

establishment and the wealthy. 

15 hours ago, webfact said:

"Please do not assume that a death caused by another person is equal to murder," he said. 

Is that a joke?  I guess if they had a video or hand written document explaining why he wanted someone to kill him, that would be a start...

Better to have someone say a chicken told then to do it

15 hours ago, webfact said:

"Please do not assume that a death caused by another person is equal to murder," he said. 

Is that a joke?  I guess if they had a video or hand written document explaining why he wanted someone to kill him, that would be a start...

Better to have someone say a chicken told then to do it