California college students vandalize dorms with swastikas

webfact

California college students vandalize dorms with swastikas

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Two students at a Northern California university scrawled swastikas and other hate speech in residence halls, the campus president said Thursday.

The swastikas were found Tuesday at two separate dormitories that mostly house first-year students at San Jose State University.

Next to one of the swastikas was scrawled "Admit One Jew," President Mary Papazian said in a statement emailed to all students Thursday. She said police have identified the student responsible and "determined that this act, while bias-based, targeted no one in particular and is not by definition a hate crime."

The other swastika was drawn on a white board in a common area of another dormitory. The white board was described to police by the student responsible as a "joke board," said Papazian, adding that this incident remains under investigation and police were confident the two cases are not related.

A university spokeswoman, Pat Harris, said the school was considering sanctions against the students that could result in expulsion.

Officials didn't release the identities of the students involved to preserve student confidentiality, the statement said.

Papazian said she was disheartened and outraged by these "profoundly hurtful acts" but hoped the campus would learn from it.

"Together, we can use this difficult moment to grow and learn how to be a fully inclusive and welcoming community," she said in her statement.

___

Information from: KNTV-TV.

ap_logo.jpg
-- © Associated Press 2016-09-23

Common sense response to an idiotic event. I anticipate however that we will be treated to allegations of conspiracy, cover up  etc. College kids say and do stupid things. Being an idiot is  part of the maturity process.

Luckily, this wasn't directed at Afro Americans otherwise we would be treated to a riot. As it was only a  comment about a jew, I anticipate that someone from TVF will be along soon enough to let us know that it is all the fault of jews etc.

"Together, we can use this difficult moment to grow and learn how to be a fully inclusive and welcoming community," she said in her statement.

Ah, the vocabulary of today's neo-liberal consensus.  In my own misbegotten youth, the culprits would have been given detention and have to write "a hundred lines" ( I must not daub the school walls with swastikas").

Instead, we can all deal with this "difficult moment" by "growing" and being "inclusive" and "welcoming".

<deleted> does that really mean?  You could (again in my day) scarcely get the eleven members of the school soccer team to "like" each other and be welcoming and inclusive.  And we were all white!  And socially homogeneous.  

Don't, madam with the stupidly inflated salary,  tell me to be "welcoming" to Charlie Nitwit, the centre half of our team, who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

2 hours ago, blazes said:

Ah, the vocabulary of today's neo-liberal consensus.  In my own misbegotten youth, the culprits would have been given detention and have to write "a hundred lines" ( I must not daub the school walls with swastikas").

Instead, we can all deal with this "difficult moment" by "growing" and being "inclusive" and "welcoming".

<deleted> does that really mean?  You could (again in my day) scarcely get the eleven members of the school soccer team to "like" each other and be welcoming and inclusive.  And we were all white!  And socially homogeneous.  

Don't, madam with the stupidly inflated salary,  tell me to be "welcoming" to Charlie Nitwit, the centre half of our team, who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I say sir, you have summed it up admirably university was supposed to be confronting, challenging thought provoking and generate discussion and create controversy to grow critical thinking.  This bullshit about not upseting or offending people, that belongs in the dark ages, get a grip on reality or come to an Australian University but be careful about talking about Islam, it is a protected species.

As for the rest of it, open season, go for it.

"... Together, we can use this difficult moment to grow and learn how to be a fully inclusive and welcoming community," she said in her statement.

Perhaps they could mention this to trump, so that he could learn and grow and have some broad and adult thinking...

16 hours ago, blazes said:

ne·o·lib·er·al·ism

(nē′ō-lĭb′ər-ə-lĭz′əm, -lĭb′rə-)

n.
A political theory of the late 1900s holding that personal liberty is maximized by limiting government interference in the operation of free markets.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/neoliberalism

I'm not sure what this has to do with the promotion of tried-and-failed laissez-fair economic policies???

On 23/09/2016 at 8:46 AM, Mosha said:

Isn't white board racial?

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

:cheesy:  You should know its only racial if your black, brown, yellow, olive, muslim, jew and you don't like what people are doing to or saying about you.  Us whites just have to get on with it!  :thumbsup:

:coffee1: