When you are to sick to go to Imigration.

6 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

It's very easy. Please get a doctor's note that you're sick. ( Just a brief explanation what's wrong is enough) make some photos of you being in your bed and send your wife/gf/ friend to the Immigration.

They're pretty much easygoing when it's about people who're really sick and you shouldn't worry.

Please page me if you need more advice and get well soon. :rolleyes:

I disagree with you about how easygoing they are.     Here is what happened   to  my sick friend.      He was 79 when he had a serious stroke in 2007.    The first three years after the stroke  he was mobile enough to make it to the Bkk Immigration office with his wifes help. Then    his condition worsened and he was totally bedridden.    I was handling his affairs and his wife asked me what she should do as his 1 year retirement visa would soon be due.    I advised her to go to the Immigration office and explain that her husband was be ridden and could not get to the Imm office.    This is what they told her.    Go to a hospital and arrange  with them to have a ambulance bring her husband to the Imm office!     When she told me this I said lets just forget about the visa and the 90 day reports.  So we just stopped filing.    He passed away about 18 month later.

About 2 years ago when I was at the Bkk Imm I saw a farang arrive by ambulance  and he was transfered  to a hospital and brought into the Imm.

• Like 1

It might depend on each situation. In last May, my sister had a serious health issue (heart attack) in my house and she was transported to the hospital. This happen the day before she was due to leave the country for visa run. She was of course not able to leave the country. I asked the hospital about immigration. They filled a report, took a photo of my sister in her bed with myself next her and asked me to bring that to the immigration together with her passport of course. They give one month special extension and told me that they will extend her extension if the situation is not better after a month.
Fortunately, she got better and was able to do her visa run a month later.
This happened in Phuket and she was staying in the Bangkok Phuket hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

after having a mini stroke my doctor at the hospital said i shouldnt be driving,the wife phoned immigration and asked could i do my 90day report by post reply NO.the wife will have to do it,ok thats fine but she has to get 3buses plus a fair walk,she done it once over 6hrs.plus they told her they wont do it again.

isnt about time some repersentive [thai visa] asked for some leeway for this.

if thai,s were treated to this kind of treatment in the uk.the human rights brigade would be screaming blue murder.

meatboy NOT A HAPPY BUNNY.

• Like 2

Makes me wonder . Do you think immigration officer's would come to an ambulance with a foreigner in it if he came to the office in an ambulance but was unable to get out of the ambulance? He would be at the office but not able to enter  would that suffice?

18 minutes ago, meatboy said:

after having a mini stroke my doctor at the hospital said i shouldnt be driving,the wife phoned immigration and asked could i do my 90day report by post reply NO.the wife will have to do it,ok thats fine but she has to get 3buses plus a fair walk,she done it once over 6hrs.plus they told her they wont do it again.

isnt about time some repersentive [thai visa] asked for some leeway for this.

if thai,s were treated to this kind of treatment in the uk.the human rights brigade would be screaming blue murder.

meatboy NOT A HAPPY BUNNY.

Immigration offices that will not accept reports by mail are in violation of the immigration act that allows them. 

My wife has done more of my 90 day reports than I have over the years. Them saying it can be done only once is wrong. This week she took my passport to immigration to get my one year extension stamp (marriage) done.

I think most immigration offices will make allowances if a person is to sick or unable to make the trip for extensions if they have proof of it by way a letter from a doctor/hospital that states they are cannot travel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ray1932 said:

Hi All,

What is the situation when you are too sick (or can not walk) to travel to your Embassy to get a pension payment statutory declaration and/or travel to immigration office to renew your yearly visa. 

Thanking you all

Contact your Embassy - I am aware of a case in Pattaya - the US Embassy sent someone to Pattaya to do the declaration - I'm not sure, but some fees may have been involved.

25 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

Contact your Embassy - I am aware of a case in Pattaya - the US Embassy sent someone to Pattaya to do the declaration - I'm not sure, but some fees may have been involved.

If it was the US embassy it could be rather expensive.

Consular Time Charges: As required for fee services performed away from the office or during after-duty hours (per hour or part thereof/per consular employee): $135  ( https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/service-fees/ )

But the fact that it is posted on the website is a good indication it is possible.

• Like 1

Just out of the curiosity, why can't the immigration communicate via skype video for those sick farangs? The evidence would be viable and the burden would be lessened for both IO and farangs. Or should I assume that IO are still stubborn to reject this possibility? 

Have your wife go to Immigration and ask them if they could come to your residence and take care of the visas. Tell them your willing to pay for the visit. I'm sure someone would volunteer for a fee! If your terminal and about to die just forget about it! No need any further

paperwork.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sir i totally disagree with what you are saying in your post.

I have personal experience with immigration being downright stubborn, awkward with disabled  farangs.

When i was in hospital on oxygen completely unable to move, just out of a coma immigration told my wife hire an ambulance to get him here.

They were not interested in doctors report or anything else.

Incredible ! (It does not mean I do not believe you of course) but :facepalm:

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sir i totally disagree with what you are saying in your post.

I have personal experience with immigration being downright stubborn, awkward with disabled  farangs.

When i was in hospital on oxygen completely unable to move, just out of a coma immigration told my wife hire an ambulance to get him here.

They were not interested in doctors report or anything else.

What a post. I've helped an older friend who could continue his visa that way for about two years until he passed away. I made the photos for the older gentleman, his spouse brought them to Immigration.

It was at Sisaket Immigration and if you don't believe me, please page me and i give you the guy's name and you can do your investigation.

I don't believe that Immigration officers would like to have a couple of ambulance cars in front of the door on daily basis.

I have personally witnessed an Immigration officer telling an elderly and obviously not in the best of form man, that if he was unable to travel the next time a policeman could come and visit him. Things vary from place to place.

1 hour ago, nabbie said:

Just out of the curiosity, why can't the immigration communicate via skype video for those sick farangs? The evidence would be viable and the burden would be lessened for both IO and farangs. Or should I assume that IO are still stubborn to reject this possibility? 

Last time I was doing the 90 day report in MAP Ta Phut I saw one of their computers and they are running Windows XP for crying out loud. I doubt Skype would even work on them now days.

2 hours ago, meatboy said:

maybe our new british ambassador brian davidson who is visting phuket to discus certain issues,could arrange to visit the chief immigration officer and discus our CONCERNS.

I really hate to say this, but I think you are being somewhat overly optimistic

:sorry:

• Like 1

A very good mate has been very sick in various Hospitals in Udon Thani.in a Coma for a long time.He is slowly getting well,but unable to walk.he advised his lady to check his o/a Visa.he was over due by 2 months for a 90 day report.she attended Immigration in Udon.told he must pay?? yeah great almost passed away in Hospital.in a bed for months.

\,and they want cash? she took doctors bills,photos of the Hospitals.pictures of him in Hospital bed.still told must pay.Great way to look after Farang.who retire in Thailand and spend money.

She is now trying to speak with someone in Immigration at the Airport who she was put onto.hopefully she can get it sorted.

• Like 1

I was at Chiang Wattana  Immigration 2 years ago renewing own permission to stay, when an elderly man arrived on a ambulance trolley with his Thai wife and two ambulance officers moving him around. To their credit CW immigration officials looked after him very promptly, he did not have to wait in the queue and his permission to stay was renewed within 20 mins and he was taken away in the ambulance again. 

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

Incredible ! (It does not mean I do not believe you of course) but :facepalm:

Believe me or not, what i have posted is 100% correct and truthful.

I posted on here nearly 3 years ago about my experience at immigration.

People can say post whatever they want, i  went through it.

My wife was treated like s...e by immigration officers.

When she went back later and showed her government i.d. things changed drastically.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

What a post. I've helped an older friend who could continue his visa that way for about two years until he passed away. I made the photos for the older gentleman, his spouse brought them to Immigration.

It was at Sisaket Immigration and if you don't believe me, please page me and i give you the guy's name and you can do your investigation.

I don't believe that Immigration officers would like to have a couple of ambulance cars in front of the door on daily basis.

What a post !! yes a truthful 1, been there done that ( no teeshirt) though.

4 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Makes me wonder . Do you think immigration officer's would come to an ambulance with a foreigner in it if he came to the office in an ambulance but was unable to get out of the ambulance? He would be at the office but not able to enter  would that suffice?

Regarding your post after the problems we had at immigration the next time my retirement extension was due, my wife and family got me in the car took me to immigration, unable to get out without 3 people helping me, wife went in and immigration officer came out to the car.

3 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Last time I was doing the 90 day report in MAP Ta Phut I saw one of their computers and they are running Windows XP for crying out loud. I doubt Skype would even work on them now days.

But at least Maptaput Immigration have a ramp facilitating wheelchair access from the street - in stark contrast to the banks and post offices I've had dealings with in this part of the world over the years. Do other offices have ramps, or are Maptaput the exception rather than the rule?

Edited by OJAS

38 minutes ago, OJAS said:

But at least Maptaput Immigration have a ramp facilitating wheelchair access from the street - in stark contrast to the banks and post offices I've had dealings with in this part of the world over the years. Do other offices have ramps, or are Maptaput the exception rather than the rule?

The one here has one to the 2nd floor. Office for extensions and etc is on the 1st floor that is at ground level so not needed for it.

It just shows how different immigration offices are around the country, how they interpret their own laws and their expectations of what is required.

Of course, anyone who has been here (on TV) for a while have read some of the horror stories. Although on a slight tangent to the OP, i have to say that I have never done a 90 day report personally, it has always been a representative doing it for me (not an agency). It is scary the requirements of some of these offices for something so routine when the person meant to be doing the reporting obviously cannot and they cannot accept a 3rd party to do it for them.

7 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

If that happened to me, I would contact the the Bangkok Post,   the nation and the Thai newspapers and 2 TV stations and ask them to come along and witness a foreigner having to go to immigration in an ambulance. I would get a friend to take a video  and post it on Facebook. But first of all I would ask the immigration officer if he really wants me to do this. I am sure he would back down

• Like 1