first helmet stolen

robblok

I was wanting to get a sat nav in my helmet, if I did I would never leave it on the bike. Mrs Possum told me not to as it would just get stolen. I'm not sure if she meant just the helmet, or the part that remains on the bike.

I use phone with Open Street Maps and one side in-ear headphone.
Works perfectly and you don't have to carry or take care of one more piece of equipment.

3 minutes ago, CLW said:

I use phone with Open Street Maps and one side in-ear headphone.
Works perfectly and you don't have to carry or take care of one more piece of equipment.

Maybe I should not have used the word sat nav, I actually meant a camera in case of an accident, to prove what really happened.

On 28.12.2016 at 1:15 PM, possum1931 said:

Why is a top box ugly? I do not understand that part at all. all my motorbikes have always had a topbox. Is that why so many Thai people don't have top boxes on their bikes? You see lots of them in Pattaya, but I believe these are bikes that are owned by westerners.

I dont think top boxes are ugly, and also had a few of them. Also planning to put one on my current CRF. 

I live in a building with lots of working class thais, but there is only a few that have a top box, my guess its a financial issue....Or no room for the small family on the bike :smile:

On December 28, 2016 at 1:15 PM, possum1931 said:

Why is a top box ugly? I do not understand that part at all. all my motorbikes have always had a topbox. Is that why so many Thai people don't have top boxes on their bikes? You see lots of them in Pattaya, but I believe these are bikes that are owned by westerners.

I think it depends on the bike. If you have a new sporty looking bike (think cbr or something similar) then I think sticking a big plastic box on the tail is an eye sore. 

But if you have a basic underbone type bike then I think a small box fits with the look. Plus it's function over form on those types of bikes. They are daily drivers and need the storage.  

I have a box on my 150cc underbone but I think it looks much better without it. Oh well. Love being able to lock my helmet and gloves in there and not worry about it. 

Im in Vietnam and almost zero local people have top boxes on their bikes. They think it's ugly. But they also wear $2 plastic helmets so I guess they don't worry about locking them up. 

Edited by Still Living

On 12/18/2016 at 8:03 PM, Still Living said:

That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Thieves are such scum bags. I'm very careful with my helmet. Either carry it or stick it in the top box. The top box is ugly but it sure is nice to lock away your gear and go inside a restaurant or mall without worrying about it. (Or lugging it around.) 

Experimented with the cable locks but what if it rains? And what about GIGANTIC SPIDERS?!?! ?

Don't worry. No matter how big the spiders are, they still won't be able to chew through the cable.