Travel from Phuket to Surat Thani

Nomad56

I would like to go to Surat Thani on Thursday or Friday and it would appear that the easiest way is by bus.  I have looked on-line and an air conditioned coach from Phuket Bus Station seems a good option, but then a Thai person told me that the minibus would be better.  I cannot find where I could catch a minibus from!  I would like advice please, from anyone who has travelled this route, on whether coach or minibus is better and, if the latter, where I would find one.  Thanks for your help.

Get the regular bus as stated above it maybe a bit slower but it isn't anywhere near as dangerous.

The minibuses are dangerous in my opinion and I will only travel by minibus if there isn't another option.

If you don't mind arriving at your destination and having to get your white knuckles pried from the seat in front of you and have clean underwear you can change into at your destination then fine save a few baht and take the minibus.

14 hours ago, davjensteph said:

I am traveling to puket from pattaya by car.best way to go off at chumpon past ranong? Or surat Thani and across??? Tq.

Take the way via Surat. It will save you about 3 hours of drive. On the other hand, the way via Ranong is beautiful (viewwise). If you want more than just A-to-B, it is the way to go. Or to say it differently: Up tp you.

Phuket to surat; Quickest

Head towards Krabi, ( yea i know that seems strange but)  u will see a turn off towards the left, well posted  to Surat Thani, Take it

less than 3 hours by car

puket from pattaya by car

Head south to Surat Thani and before u arrive at Surat you will see the sign to Phuket off to the right

Slower more scenic, turn at Chumpon towards Ranong Via Khao Lak adds a hour or so

Edited by phuketrichard