Outrage after two transgender women refused entry at Hong Kong International Airport

webfact

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

This is a weird story.

Denying entry based on evidence of them being sex workers is defensible.

Denying entry because of the particulars of surgery for transgender people and/or only based on transgender status is a violation of human rights. 

Well of course we don't know the complete story......my guess is they possibly had insufficient funds for such a stay......and it may have been deemed they were going to work.

HK is pretty switched on....their immigration people are sharp.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ChrisY1 said:

Well of course we don't know the complete story......my guess is they possibly had insufficient funds for such a stay......and it may have been deemed they were going to work.

HK is pretty switched on....their immigration people are sharp.

Possibly but that's not what the news story said. This would be a non-story if it was about what you said. 

but it really came down to that they were too beautiful to have been Thai women

and their Passports couldn't help the honkers to ascertain which way the penny dropped

of course!! why didn't they flash their Thai IDs, at least to make things certain:

- about the What, and the Who

but still the problem was the Why

Yet - the dudettes were only passing through on a World Trip, so that means they had Tickets to continue on to their next port of call

Edited by tifino

Theres a perception among thais, indos and flips that HK pays the best rates for whoring….so they are all making a beeline for it.

Creates a huge stream of arrivals….guess the immigration in HK have taken note and acted accordingly…good for them…..last thing they need is two more ladyboys selling their ass in wanchai.

Singapore has a curious new immigration rule too….thais get 30 days automatic visa when they arrive…but if they stay the entire 30 days, they cant come back for 2 years …. so they are all leaving after 2 weeks….makes sense…you'd be insane to come to singapore for a months holiday…after day 3 you'd be struggling for things to do.

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Theres a perception among thais, indos and flips that HK pays the best rates for whoring….so they are all making a beeline for it.

Creates a huge stream of arrivals….guess the immigration in HK have taken note and acted accordingly…good for them…..last thing they need is two more ladyboys selling their ass in wanchai.

Singapore has a curious new immigration rule too….thais get 30 days automatic visa when they arrive…but if they stay the entire 30 days, they cant come back for 2 years …. so they are all leaving after 2 weeks….makes sense…you'd be insane to come to singapore for a months holiday…after day 3 you'd be struggling for things to do.

2 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I got around that - one day I went around the Island, on a Bus

The next day, I travelled Bus, in the opposite direction... :crazy:..... (really did actually)

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

I got around that - one day I went around the Island, on a Bus

The next day, I travelled Bus, in the opposite direction... :crazy:..... (really did actually)

I have done that in Hk and the scenery was fascinating…especially after we left the city and drove to stanley bay….in singapore you'd be bored stiff on a bus ride….just non descriptor government flats everywhere and the usual flashy buildings.

They can't deny their chromosomes.

Removing a part of your anatomy doesn't change your gender. Nor does wearing a dress.

If you dress as a woman and attempt to enter a country with a passport that states you are a man you would be refused entry no matter how many times you told them, "I'm a lady"

10 hours ago, petermik said:

Ban all the buggers I say :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, awayego said:

Ah, the voice of reason speaks again!

Pathetic!

7 hours ago, gdgbb said:

The first part of your comment was absolutely right, sarcastic or not, the second part, ironically, was just as you described it.

Heterosexual and PROUD of it :thumbsup:

Its the "other buggers" that are "pathetic" :cheesy:

2 hours ago, Katipo said:

“did not satisfy the purpose of their holiday” .... I suspect this is because the vast majority of ladyboys travelling to other countries are doing so to engage in sex work. I would like to know the particulars of this case. For example, I've seen people asked to prove they have enough money to support themselves for the duration of their stay. Upon not being able to show it, they are refused entry. Things such as having the correct visa, proof of hotel bookings and onward travel are also common requirements.

This was the first thing that occurred to me.  Maybe no money , no itinerary & no hotel booked and no proof of a job to return to in Thailand..  That blocks young Thai women and Trannies into several countries for exactly the reason Katipo states.   Also why several countries require a visa issued before you visit so this problem is avoided before they get on the plane,  With ASEAN now perhaps some countries are wising up.   In my home country, Thais have to have visas to get on the plane, but with Chinese having easy visas it is not uncommon for a whole section of a tour party to just  vanish into thin air.  Into the massage parlours, of course, that booked their "tour" until they are found on an Immigration raid some months later.

This has nothing to do with what their passports say and everything to do with the way Thai ladyboys are perceived. Singapore immigration has done similar things. An assumption/Prejudice is made/formed that all Ladyboys are hookers and that their reason for entering a country is to solicit business. No proof needed. Guilty.

It is indeed a violation of human rights

Imagine a farang being refused entry to Thailand because an assumption was made that he was going to have sex with hookers which is against the law.

Because this happened to ladyboys the moronic in the closet bigots will just make jokes.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Transgender women, actually. 

There is a slight problem with that.

It is not easy to keep up with what the latest politically correct definition of a transgender woman is but last time I read something about it I believe it was something like "a person assigned the male gender at birth but who identifies as a woman".

With few exceptions, documents used in international travel (eg passports, tickets) identify the traveller as either male or female, man or woman. Other documents, on which the traveller must indicate his or her gender (eg arrival card, hotel registration form), give only the choice of male or female. There is no choice for transgender woman and transgender man, which puts travellers identifying as such in a quandary. What is a transgender woman, whose passport identifies her as "M" (male), to select on an arrival card that gives only the choices of male and female? What should and Australian traveller whose passport identifies him or her or IT as "X" (indeterminate/intersex/unspecified) select on the arrival card?

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, they're wrong. Of course they're human. Incidents like this highlight why transgender civil rights has become a much more visible INTERNATIONAL issue in recent years. 

As HK is part of China, they couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks.