PM Prayut says he loves his brother but cannot help him anyway

webfact

PM says he loves his brother but cannot help him anyway

2709002-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said on Tuesday that he loves his younger brother, Defence Permanent Secretary General Preecha, but he could not offer him any help and would not interfere with any investigations into the controversies implicating his brother’s son and wife.

Even if General Preecha is his younger brother, the prime minister made clear that he would not meddle with any investigation to be launched by the National Anti-Corruption Commission or any state agencies into the allegations against General Preecha’s wife over a weir project in Chiang Mai and son over some construction projects with the military.

He admitted that he was totally unaware of a report that the company of General Preecha’s son which won the construction projects has an address of an army barrack.

Asked by the media whether he has trust in the NACC if Gen Preecha is to be investigated by the corruption watchdog, the prime minister hit back, retorting whether the media has any confidence in the justice system. Then he suggested the media to live somewhere else if they do not trust the judicial process.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-says-loves-brother-cannot-help-anyway/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-28

POLITICS

PM: I won’t help my brother

WASAMON AUDJARINT
THE NATION 

30296367-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- PRAYUT ‘won’t intervene’ in construction inquiry, as 850 officials face rice probes.

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha has pledged that he will not give extra help to younger brother, Gen Preecha Chan-o-cha, if there is an investigation into Preecha's activities.

Meanwhile, the Prayut government will pursue 850 cases against state officials involved in the previous government’s rice-pledging scheme to seek an additional compensation of Bt142 billion after proceeding with a Bt35-billion civil liability lawsuit against former premier Yingluck Shinawatra.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-I-wont-help-my-brother-30296367.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-09-28

He will not give EXTRA help to his brother !

No need to help or interfere any further as I'd think the result of any sham investigation has already been decided.

Hard to imagine the NACC would have the balls to declare there's a case against Preecha and try to carry it forward.

I thought the military and theirs had already granted themselves blanket amnesty for any wrongdoings?

That said, this case is no doubt only the tip of the iceberg, hopefully a few brave investgative journalists will be digging deep in to other "indiscretions" of other members of the cleaner than clean brigade.

He will not give his brother any extra help.

Well ok it does not matter anyway they will have an investigation and his brother will come out of it whiter than white

nothing wrong, only blame will be put on subordinates, as he did not know what they were doing  :cheesy: 

First sensible thing he has said, shame it is absolutely hollow though. Oh and his retort about the justice system is just priceless, the same justice system that gives bail to convicted murderers, corrupt cops and the like. This guy would be a joke, but the powers he has are frankly scary, and exacerbated by his thick headedness. Just awful.

Preecha is bang to rights, but will get a free pass on some BS technicality or just simple obfuscation

" Then he suggested the media to live somewhere else if they do not trust the judicial process. "   Does any Thai, that is not part of the 1% of the 1%, trust Thai due process ?  It is doubtful that any of the junta clan will ever face justice while inside Thailand.  If you do not like my article 44 Thailand, then leave.  The man certainly knows how to bring happiness back to the people.   

Just now, eddie61 said:

The question is does anyone in Thailand trust the Justice system,,,,,,,,,

I'm sure there's a select bunch of people that do as they feel safe in the knowledge that the ' system ' will take care of them when necessary.

Blood is thicker than water they say, I find it very difficult to believe what the PM says,

anyway, what DO YOU expect him to say really? that HE WILL help his brother???

he will not throw him under the bus, and at one point he will offer him a lifeline of some

sort, as this is Thailand, and in Thailand, brothers help each other no matter the cost.

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

He will not give EXTRA help to his brother !

No need to help or interfere any further as I'd think the result of any sham investigation has already been decided.

Hard to imagine the NACC would have the balls to declare there's a case against Preecha and try to carry it forward.

Maybe we are lucky and Preecha will be thrown under the bus. Now if that happens I will have all faith restored in the junta because then their actions speak. However I doubt it will happen, but at least the PM took his distance and said no favoritism.

His retorts about the justice system and the journalist.. crazy mindset but same was seen when Andy Hall was convicted and the guy who owned the factory said that shows that foreigners should not meddle in Thai affairs. Seems that anyone can be a target of these nationalistic feelings.. even Thais. Does make me feel good that its not just limited to foreigners. 

24 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

My guess would be that Prayuth has been "nursing" his younger brother since childhood.......and Preecha, the little son of a gun,  just can't keep his hands out of everything!

Yes: the headline here should be " They can't help themselves from helping themselves"

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

'Then he suggested the media to live somewhere else if they do not trust the judicial process'

Wow! What a mature retort. No corruption in 20 years with this kinda attitude. 

Is he one of Thaivisa posters? :rolleyes:

Edited by newcomer71

Trust in the judicial system,,, Is this a trick question???   Not the first time he has said to Thai people to go and live somewhere else when HE doesn't like what they have to say or question.

So will he bring back banishment be 44'd into play next?

So his brothers son is using a military barrack's as his personal address an the address of his construction business also, all at the expense of the tax payers, this as he is not military personal and not a dependent or underage child may be seen by many as a separate case of defrauding the government/taxpayers.

As for the PM's promise not to interfere with any (possible) investigations, well I suspect that all paperwork will have been (taken care of) so that all looks just fine and dandy and no problems.

6 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

Yes: the headline here should be " They can't help themselves from helping themselves"

Somewhere in all of this will be the ' what have we done wrong ? ' attitude because people like this have a total sense of entitlement.

IF the investigation is thoroughly carried out and IF it leads to some kind of indictment, let's just say that it will be a GEEEEENORMOUS first in this country, and it would certainly change the way Mr PM is perceived by many people, who have the common sense of trusting actions rather than words.

"Then he suggested the media to live somewhere else if they do not trust the judicial process. "

I cant help myself, this is the funniest prime minister ever....and so consistently predictable.....:smile:

Edited by AlQaholic

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

He will not give his brother any extra help.

Well ok it does not matter anyway they will have an investigation and his brother will come out of it whiter than white

nothing wrong, only blame will be put on subordinates, as he did not know what they were doing  :cheesy: 

Aren't some people already blaming Thaksin for introducing corruption to Thailand? Let's translate and define the word extra along with the word help and face.