Driver chopped by blade-wielding motorist in Bangkok

webfact

Driver chopped by blade-wielding motorist in Bangkok

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter -

15530.jpg

Nuttawut Nuanjun, 33, rehabilitating yesterday after a swordsman attacked him Monday.

BANGKOK — Police were hunting Wednesday for an unidentified man suspected of trying to take another motorist’s head with a long blade earlier this week.

In an interview from his hospital bed Tuesday, Office worker Nattawut Nuanjun said he was driving in the leftmost lane on Ekamai-Ramindra Road to meet a client at about 10am on Monday when a gray Mitsubishi cut him off. As he was changing lanes to overtake the other driver, he accidentally clipped the car.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/09/28/driver-chopped-blade-wielding-motorist-bangkok/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-09-28

It sounds more like this guy had road rage when the other car cut him off.

He admits clipping the other car as he attempted to regain position and then forced the other driver to stop and approached the other drivers car. 

No wonder the other driver attemped to defend himself--Nuttawat was a loose cannon.

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

It sounds more like this guy had road rage when the other car cut him off.

He admits clipping the other car as he attempted to regain position and then forced the other driver to stop and approached the other drivers car. 

No wonder the other driver attemped to defend himself--Nuttawat was a loose cannon.

case of misunderstanding but it could have gone seriously wrong.

1 hour ago, nikmar said:

Nice pointing though. Otherwise, how would we know which arm was injured.

Nationwide announcement:  Would all sword/machete-wielding Thais please cut off the pointing fingers too?  Thank you. :neus:

Edited by Fookhaht

Actually, I'm starting to believe my Thai friends who keep telling me (as I honk at Thais) that "most" Thai drivers have a gun in their glove compartment, or a machete under their seat, or a baseball bat in the back.  

Note to self:  disconnect horn wires   

Sure it happens often but no one gets hit or cut or shot. Mostly its just threats. I remember a Lao guy in the US who told me he scared off some people blocking the street with an axe he kept behind him in the car. That was 26 years ago so this stuff has always been around with drivers from the vicinity. I'm sure many people who face someone like that will think about having something in their car just in case. Many are getting car cams too. It's not like these road rage incidents are a once in a lifetime thing anymore. It's normal sad to say and the roads just get more and more filled with people as the stress from travel and work rises too.

...self-important.....

..the other guy sure snapped him out of his delusional state......

...the guy sounds like an abusive bully that was taught a lesson...

...and then played the victim.....

....by his own admission......he hit the other car....was the aggressor....and the instigator.....

3 hours ago, sahibji said:

this is a serious case. the police should have gone to the hospital to record the statement and followed up thereafter rather than expecting the victims to come up personally to lodge the report.

I think I finally figured out why they don't solve too many murders if the victim has to file the complaint in person.

14 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Nattawut said that before he could get a word out, the other driver unsheathed a foot-long blade 

Is this a misprint? Should it read "before he could get a sword out"?  Have at you, sire!

Interesting you should say that because the swordsman was averheard to say:

"Hello. My name is Inigo MontoyA. You killed my father. PREPARE TO DIE"

"