New house is a nightmare, says Cha-Am resident

webfact

New house is a nightmare, says Cha-Am resident

pm5.JPEG

Image: Manager Online

CHA-AM: -- A Cha-Am resident has appealed to the media for help as her brand new home is literally falling down around her.

Speaking on a video Natcha Yaemthongkham, 46, said that she had experienced nothing but trouble since moving in eight months ago, reported Manager Online.

And she claims that a man from the estate brought in to help with some of the repairs said it needs to be knocked down and rebuilt.

Natcha said that noises "as loud as a truck tire exploding" come from the building every hour. She can't sleep.

The water system is hopeless and she frequently needs to get water from outside as the taps don't work.

There are leaks everywhere and holes in the roof letting in the rain.

The plaster is cracked all over and she was told this indicates there is no proper piling and there is probably subsidence.

So far her complaints to the estate management have fallen on deaf ears and now she wants action.

She bought the house because it looked good in the brochure. She paid around 800,000 for it on a 30 year mortgage repaid at 5,000 baht a month.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-29

These small subdivisions are everywhere around Cha Am/Hua Hin......they're very cheap.....very small land, but they're housing that many Thais can afford.......so they sell like crazy.

No warranty, no guarantee of the materials used.....and there's really nowhere that the new owners can turn to when they start to crumble.....and they do...and it's a sad state that so many dodgy brother builders are allowed to carry on businesses like these.

Natcha said that noises "as loud as a truck tire exploding" come from the building every hour. She can't sleep.

The water system is hopeless and she frequently needs to get water from outside as the taps don't work.

Me thinks she is exaggerating on her first statement.

And the water issue is probably just very low water pressure in her area.  I bet she don't even have a water storage tank or pump to increase pressure.

Guess her situation will only get worse, few years ago while house hunting one day i rode onto a bahn where all houses were at various degrees of tilt, some4 were over 40degrees,

One owner had put in smaller doors and windows then bricked them in position as plumb as it would go, no idea if he did something about the floor or just nailed the furniture down,

Not cheap ...detached with large gardens.

Time to walk and leave the bank on the hook. They will have more resources to deal with the estate managers - especially if they end up owning more than one of those places. But looking at the problems, it will cost more to deal with it than to buy into a new place.

not surprised.  I am the ultimate buyer skeptic and the bigger the purchase or dollar amount of anything, the more checking I do.  I hope the words gets out and more Thais will get an independent home inspector before buying.  Having not done that, or of course not being able to find a competent one, make sure the purchase agreement has some sort of warranty at least for Roof, foundation soundness.  I know, this is Thailand.  Lawsuits and civilian courts don't amount to much.  Sell and run.  The ultimate caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)

Archived