Ford stalls response to faulty Focus, Fiesta cars in Phuket

snoop1130

Ford stalls response to faulty Focus, Fiesta cars in Phuket

Yutthawat Lekmak

1475146765_1-org.jpg

Ford has yet to respond positively to formal complaints filed over faulty Focus, Fiesta models in Phuket. Photo: Yutthawat Lekmak

PHUKET:-- Representatives from Anuphas Ford Phuket have declined to comment on recent complaints raised with the Phuket Consumer Protection Office regarding gearbox and engine faults with Ford Fiesta and Focus models.

The issue came to a head on Monday (Sept 26) when Thai PBS reported that about 200 buyers of the two models of Ford demonstrated in front of the Ford Thailand Head Office at Sathorn Square in Bangkok to demand the company show responsibility for the faulty vehicles.

At that time, Atchariya Ruangrattanapong, president of the club to assist crime victims, said that the club would submit to the company a list of some 150 customers who claimed to have faulty cars and that they would expect the issue to be resolved by the end of October.

On Tuesday (Sept 27), a representative from Anuphas Ford Phuket declined to answer how many complaints they had received from buyers. Instead, he simply said, “At this time we can not provide any information about this. However, you can contact Ford Thailand directly regarding this issue.”

In addition to the complaints received in Bangkok, two cases regarding cars purchased in Phuket have been filed at the Phuket Consumer Protection Office located at Provincial Hall in Phuket Town, an official confirmed to The Phuket News on Tuesday.

The Phuket News also spoke to two complainants, Napapin Suphantana, 37, and Titipan Wongwadee, who recently went to Anuphas Ford Phuket to complain about problems with their cars, but had yet to file complaints with the Phuket Consumer Protection Office.

“I finally went to Anuphas Ford Phuket because my Ford Focus has been giving me problems, especially when driving up Patong Hill,” Ms Napapin explained.

“The automatic gear system has become a big issue. For the first two years, I had never had this problem, but now in the third year I have started to experience many problems with the gears,” she said.

“Another problem is that the engine often overheats,” she added.

“I didn’t file a complaint with Anuphas Ford Co Ltd or the Consumer Protection Office because when I took my car to Ford to check, they fixed the problem. However, I had to go through my insurance to cover the cost of the repairs. Anuphas did not offer the repairs for free,” Ms Napapin said.

Ms Titipan, meanwhile, has had problems with her Ford Fiesta.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/ford-stalls-response-to-faulty-focus-fiesta-cars-in-phuket-59293.php#xztwdhd9BTOMk0YV.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-29

15 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

Only 150 of the thousands sold. Also, those engine packages are used all over the world. This seems to be not a big problem.

I nearly bought one of these five years ago, but wriggled out of the sale and lucky that  I did. If you do an online search you'll see that the problems with the transmissions are not confined to Thailand. Ford is being sued in various jurisdictions all over the world. It's a bad transmission, period. 

Edited by dundas
add extra info

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

of to nz for a year and getting rid of my 2 door pickup. plan to get a 4 door when i  get back which will be more suitable for my my kids. now thinking i might get one on finance. if something goes wrong it might be easier to ditch.

No, on finance is not easier to ditch.

4 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

of to nz for a year and getting rid of my 2 door pickup. plan to get a 4 door when i  get back which will be more suitable for my my kids. now thinking i might get one on finance. if something goes wrong it might be easier to ditch.

Do you think that bank is going to take it if you finance it or Ford?  I doubt it, Why would you buy something with a history of problems, especially in Thailand.?

7 hours ago, pmarlin said:

Only 150 of the thousands sold. Also, those engine packages are used all over the world. This seems to be not a big problem.

Actually, it's a huge problem for Ford internationally.  They have been hit with class action suits in all nations that allow them.  Thailand now has a class action lawsuit process available, so I'm surprised these consumers haven't filed yet.  The transmission in the Focus and the Eurosport was changed in 2011 so that it replicates the efficiency of a manual transmission.  The problem is that the double-clutch mechanism and software require frequent maintenance.  Accordingly, owners worldwide had problems with slow shifts, throttle surges and sometimes even stallouts.  A lot of the bugs have been fixed in the last two years of production, but you have consumers who bought between 2011-2014 and they deserve significant compensation.  In the U.S., they have offered the purchasers 10-year warranty free maintenance on the transmissions.

7 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

Edited by ChrisY1

10 hours ago, pmarlin said:

Probably a lot more faulty vehicles, ask any Thai person about what they think about warranties here on just about anything including vehicles, if companies can get out of warranty repairs they will, even on recalls in my own personal experience