Visa Questions

I understand that Penang does not offer a 90 day Non O visa anymore, My question is can I receive one in Singapore or KL. I would like to know if they require anytype of fininacil info. I just want a 90 Non-O so I can get my driver's license.

Secondly, I was told (not verified) that a nortorized letter from my Embassy was all I needed for proof of my pension?

Any help greatly appreciated

What are your grounds for applying for a non-o?

Unless it's marriage to a Thai or support of a Thai child (yours) then you are unlikely to get an 'o' visa anywhere in SE Asia. You MAY get one if you're 50 and intend extending as a retiree.

I'm pretty sure Penang are still doing single entry 'O's for marriage, multis are available at KL or Singapore. :o AFAIK non of these locations are asking for financial statements for support visas.

Edited by Crossy

I have had several Non-O visa's (90 day and 2 1year multi entry). I want to stay for 90 more days to renew my DL and then will go home to get a new 1 year multi and get my retirement visa. However, it is very bad timeing at this time as I am required for med check up in New York after the first of the year and I just don't want to make two trips in 3 months.

Sorry Cougar, but we really need to know what actual GROUNDS you are going to use for getting your O (what you put in the 'reason for visit' box). :D

Were your previous 'O' visas obtained locally? If yes, you should be able to use the same reason, if not, as I noted previously, you're unlikely to get one in SE Asia unless it's for support :o