Any one Visited the Moon Car Park at Kad Suan Kaew Lately?

Dazinoz

What I am referring to is the open air carpark on the eastern side of KSK. 

I call it the "moon" carpark because it is full of craters not pot holes.

Out of all the mall carparks a I visit, including Maya, Central Festival, Airport Central, Promenada, 3 Big Cs, 2 Tesco Lotus and KSK itself, KSK is the only one to charge for parking and it the worst condition of them all.

It was free up until about a year ago. The reason: too many Chinese tour companies began to park there and take up parking spaces for customers of KSK. Also they realized many patients of C.M. Ram were parking there as well. It's only 10 Baht, so nothing to lose any sleep over. You don't have to park outside, you can park in the underground lot or 4-5 story lot too. Also, if you need to go to the P.O. or somewhere for about 20 minutes, they will give you your 10 Baht back.

Obviously, nothing better to do than complain about 10 Baht........

Thats not correct, elektrified, they ve been charging 10 baht, which I have no problem with, for as long as I can remember, and I ve been here 10 years. On this occasion, its nothing to do with the Chinese, I park there several times a week and have never seen "Chinese tour companies taking up spaces"....just saying.....for the record.

4 minutes ago, EL159 said:

Thats not correct, elektrified, they ve been charging 10 baht, which I have no problem with, for as long as I can remember, and I ve been here 10 years. On this occasion, its nothing to do with the Chinese, I park there several times a week and have never seen "Chinese tour companies taking up spaces"....just saying.....for the record.

No, they only began to enforce it about a year ago. For about 2 years prior, it was optional (no enforcement). We were told by the guy who is in charge that it was enforced due to the Chinese tour companies.

6 hours ago, elektrified said:

It was free up until about a year ago. The reason: too many Chinese tour companies began to park there and take up parking spaces for customers of KSK. Also they realized many patients of C.M. Ram were parking there as well. It's only 10 Baht, so nothing to lose any sleep over. You don't have to park outside, you can park in the underground lot or 4-5 story lot too. Also, if you need to go to the P.O. or somewhere for about 20 minutes, they will give you your 10 Baht back.

Obviously, nothing better to do than complain about 10 Baht........

I am really getting tired of putting posts on this forum when most of the time i get people like you making bullsh*t staments ands claims you know nothing about.

I have been here 3 years and have always paid 10 baht and have never seen a chinese tour bus there but not saying there has never been any. No one has ever said to me you don't have to pay if you don't want. I drive in, I see pay booth and everyone else paying so I pay.

You say I have nothing better to do than complain about 10 baht. Where did i say that? just your stupid assumption. I have no problem about paying 10 baht and I definitely will not lose sleep over it. I lose more sleep over people like you who have nothing better to do than make negative comments about other peoples posts when they don't know what they are talking about. If i was complaining about anything it was the sate of the car park. 

If they are so worried about RAM visitors parking there why have they just cemented a footpath from the back personal entrance of RAM to the back door area of KSK? I now park there a lot to goto RAM and have no problem paying the 10 baht.

I have a lot more to worry about like my newborn baby born 1 week ago and has not woken up yet. In humicrib, on oxygen, force fed and drip in belly button and costs are at 140,000 baht so far and rising rapidly. So i am not worried about 10 baht but just making a statement. Wish I had not now.

Hope you feel good about yourself.

Dazinoz, you did moan about the KSK car park, no doubt of that.  The physical conditions (moon craters) and the expense raised your ire.

I rather like the place, it's kind of a green retreat against the massive cement intrusions of current CM life, since the moon craters do deter some drivers from parking there. I never drive my car there, i only walk to KSK.

And to bring up for discussion your sick baby is totally irrelevant and unfortunate since such news reinforces the argument that you are a 'moaner'. But, hope the baby improves soon and leads a happy and fruitful life.

It would be interesting to watch Chinese, or any other tour buses,navigate that sharp left hand turn in to the narrow entrance to the car park off HK road.

Could even warrant a small coffee shop on the lot to view the buses blocking the traffic as they complete their 6 point turns. 

But this is not the first car park thread by a long way but mundane enough to warrant at least 3 or 4 pages on TV.

BTW OP -Hope the baby is OK.

Edited by Thailand

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

I sense a book in the making perhaps, "A Critical Review of Chiang Mai Parking Lots", author, Parker Carr, a right riveting read! :sleepy:

Just what I've been waiting for,  A Critical Review of Chiang Mai Parking Lots, by Parker Carr.

It would take pride-of-place on my bookshelf alongside The Ruptured Chinaman by Won Hung Lo.

On 5 October 2016 at 9:21 AM, JingerBen said:

Just what I've been waiting for,  A Critical Review of Chiang Mai Parking Lots, by Parker Carr.

It would take pride-of-place on my bookshelf alongside The Ruptured Chinaman by Won Hung Lo.

What!! you do not have the book An Enphasemic Chinaman by Won Bung Lung?

I've managed to kick off a multi-page thread about public toilets in Chiang Mai, so we're long overdue for one on parking lots.  Sure beats yet another thread on pizza or burgers.

Incidentally, the best toilets in Kad Suan Kaew mall are those inside the Central Dept. store.  Since I don't have a car, I can't comment on the car parks around and within the mall.

Sorry to learn about the OP's baby.  I do know something about CM hospitals.  If it seems that the baby will require on-going hospitalization and funds are a concern, you might ask about transfer to Maharaj (University) Hospital.  There's a good chance that the attending docs at CM Ram are also on faculty at University Hospital and the neonatal care will be state-of-the-art at a fraction of the price of CM Ram.  This is the hospital commonly called Suan Dok hospital.  Not the private hospital linked with Maharaj called Sripat Hospital.  You won't save much on cost over CM Ram by transferring to Sripat Hospital and they may try to steer you to Sripat since you're a foreigner.   Foreigners can use the services at Maharaj (University) Hospital, unless they're at capacity and if the baby is Thai, all the more reason to consider a transfer because the baby will preference on admission to Suan Dok (Maharaj).  

However, the parking at University Hospital is bad, bad, bad.  It makes the Moon Carpark/CM Ram situation seem very convenient.  You may want to park at the Moon Carpark and take a songthaew to University Hospital until you figure out the parking situation at University Hospital.  You're suppose to park in a lot at the intersection of Srimanklajarn and Suthep Rds. and take a shuttle bus or in the tall parking structure at that same intersection and use the covered walkway.

5 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

I cut through the back of the KSK car park between Huay Kaeow road and the entrance exit at the back. I do see Chinese tour buses all the time. Normally late afternoon early evening.

Are you referring to the western side of KSK? Seen plenty buses there.

The carpark I am referring to is on the Eastern side. 

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

I've managed to kick off a multi-page thread about public toilets in Chiang Mai, so we're long overdue for one on parking lots.  Sure beats yet another thread on pizza or burgers.

Incidentally, the best toilets in Kad Suan Kaew mall are those inside the Central Dept. store.  Since I don't have a car, I can't comment on the car parks around and within the mall.

Sorry to learn about the OP's baby.  I do know something about CM hospitals.  If it seems that the baby will require on-going hospitalization and funds are a concern, you might ask about transfer to Maharaj (University) Hospital.  There's a good chance that the attending docs at CM Ram are also on faculty at University Hospital and the neonatal care will be state-of-the-art at a fraction of the price of CM Ram.  This is the hospital commonly called Suan Dok hospital.  Not the private hospital linked with Maharaj called Sripat Hospital.  You won't save much on cost over CM Ram by transferring to Sripat Hospital and they may try to steer you to Sripat since you're a foreigner.   Foreigners can use the services at Maharaj (University) Hospital, unless they're at capacity and if the baby is Thai, all the more reason to consider a transfer because the baby will preference on admission to Suan Dok (Maharaj).  

However, the parking at University Hospital is bad, bad, bad.  It makes the Moon Carpark/CM Ram situation seem very convenient.  You may want to park at the Moon Carpark and take a songthaew to University Hospital until you figure out the parking situation at University Hospital.  You're suppose to park in a lot at the intersection of Srimanklajarn and Suthep Rds. and take a shuttle bus or in the tall parking structure at that same intersection and use the covered walkway.

Thanks for the info Nancy.

Even though this part of my post was apparently inappropriate it was nice to finally get a post from someone who is nice and helpful instead of staying what THEY think is the obvious.

Thank you again.