Duterte tells Obama 'you can go to hell'

webfact

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Jingthing said:

He's not acceptable. Filipinos can do what they want, but their leader, which they foolishly elected, reflects their country really, really badly abroad. 

Well, most Filipinos don't give a sh*t now because image isn't everything. The Philippines is cleaning up its own backyard. Why meddle?

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

The Philipines are not a safe place, if that's because of drugs i support this new leader whatever his plans are.

If Obama or the EU has issues with his way of changing the country for the better then indeed they can go to hell. It's easy speaking from out of a safe country, they should go to Manila and take a walk around there without bodyguards. Bet they don't dare it.

I've been to Manila  many times and 'walked around there without bodyguards',partied all night there actually and had a great time.It annoys me when people like you that have NEVER been there talk nonsense ,if you are a foreigner then Thailand is 100 times more dangerous than Manila and the Philippines...FACT!

37 minutes ago, redhorsebeer said:

3. Duterte is trying to appease the Muslim ethnic rebel groups and also the communist rebels. Peace talks are ongoing. One of the reasons for his vocal stance against the US.  It's a balancing act. Apologizing for massacre of those ethnic muslims would start as a sign of good faith. don't you agree? Thanks for the help of ridding the Japs. But Filipinos soldiers fought and died too, even in the War in Korea. 

Apologizing to ethnic rebel groups and communist rebels? Unequivocal HELL no. You shouldn't either. Why should the US apologize for that? You don't want the US to meddle, but then you want the US to apologize? Hell no. 

You are blaming everyone and everything other than yourselves. 

You didn't address anything I just said. 

You are ok to sell your country to the highest bidder for "Moolah" and arms? 

Go ahead and hoist up the Chinese flag. 

31 minutes ago, redhorsebeer said:

Well, most Filipinos don't give a sh*t now because image isn't everything. The Philippines is cleaning up its own backyard. Why meddle?

But then you ask the USA to apologize to terroists because you can not police your own backyard? 

Hell no

45 minutes ago, redhorsebeer said:

1. Filipinos are not Americans. Filipino people are still struggling with identity and nationalism issues because most Filipinos see America as the greener side of the fence, hence the constant migrant Filipino workers/immigrants. How can Filipinos fix their own country if everyone has a mentality of another country and wants to jump ship? Cause of this? Colonial mentality. This is why Filipinos lack discipline or love of country. But now there is a President who is trying hard to get people to be more nationalistic and to stop dreaming of wanting to go to America one day and be an American.

Cause of this? Corruption and lawlessness NOT Colonial Mentality. People leave because its corrupt, dangerous, and lawless. Don't blame the US for your problems, we been trying to help. 

22 minutes ago, redhorsebeer said:

1. Filipinos are not Americans. Filipino people are still struggling with identity and nationalism issues because most Filipinos see America as the greener side of the fence, hence the constant migrant Filipino workers/immigrants. How can Filipinos fix their own country if everyone has a mentality of another country and wants to jump ship? Cause of this? Colonial mentality. This is why Filipinos lack discipline or love of country. But now there is a President who is trying hard to get people to be more nationalistic and to stop dreaming of wanting to go to America one day and be an American.

Quote edited for brevity.

hence the constant migrant Filipino workers/immigrants. How can Filipinos fix their own country if everyone has a mentality of another country and wants to jump ship.

I have worked with many Filippina nurses, and they say the Phillipines train too many nurses, so they can go overseas to work and send money back. I gather that is the situation with many.

It is plain murder...what's the difference between Khemer Rougue and their killing machine and the PI police and their drug population...both are killing select populations...

everyone is entitled to due process and their day in court....regardless on their crime  -  drugs or education 

PI people can make 10x income in the USA than at home. Why not come and send money back. Most stay and marry sex starved white guys and have families of their own...land of opportunity!

Edited by cardinalblue

1 hour ago, redhorsebeer said:

4. That's why this foul mouth president is different from previous presidents because he has done a lot of good changes that many people are supportive of him. Corruption from Aid will be somehow diminished now that he has passed a law making local/foreign government deals and information available for public scrutiny. There is transparency.

34 minutes ago, Strange said:

But then you ask the USA to apologize to terroists because you can not police your own backyard? 

Hell no

I think you might have misread what he said. I think he was saying that the President was being a blowhard with the US in order that he might make nice with the insurgents. He wasn't (I think) suggesting that US apologize in any way to communist or religious zealot insurgents. 

More than anything Duarte resembles Sheriff Arpaio - it's the same bullshit bluster of tough on crime by tough talking tough guy who cuts through the crap. End result can often be worse than the ill they claim to be solving. 

59 minutes ago, Think2Mutt said:

I've been to Manila  many times and 'walked around there without bodyguards',partied all night there actually and had a great time.It annoys me when people like you that have NEVER been there talk nonsense ,if you are a foreigner then Thailand is 100 times more dangerous than Manila and the Philippines...FACT!

Oh really. How different perceptions can be. I've been visiting both countries since early 90"s and have lived in Thailand for sometime.

I used to visit China, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia as well as Philippine and Thailand. Out of all those I perceived Manila to be the most dangerous city in the most dangerous country of them. Guard with shotguns, bowie knives and riot sticks on restaurant doors at lunchtimes; armed guards at hotels; and a very casual regard to firearms. Even 3 years ago on my last visit I still felt more uncomfortable than in any part of Thailand I've been. 

All in perceptions but to me Philippines has worse corruption, especially the police, poor airport with many bent officials, and many more risks.

Now watch this dipstick president crawl back to the West when China next rattles it's sabre.

48 minutes ago, Neurath said:

I think you might have misread what he said. I think he was saying that the President was being a blowhard with the US in order that he might make nice with the insurgents. He wasn't (I think) suggesting that US apologize in any way to communist or religious zealot insurgents. 

More than anything Duarte resembles Sheriff Arpaio - it's the same bullshit bluster of tough on crime by tough talking tough guy who cuts through the crap. End result can often be worse than the ill they claim to be solving. 

Thats definitely not how it reads below. "As long as the US does the following" like we have to buy his respect or something. 

4 hours ago, Strange said:

2. His Left leaning tendencies make him want to ally with Russia and China, but as a Filipino he still has "some" respect for the US as long as the US does the following:
     a. Apologize publicly for killing people of Muslim ethnic groups in the Philippines 100 years ago, to heal some deep wounds still being felt today.

Hell no. 

Edit:

The quote says "Strange" but that was a "Redhorsebeer" post. Technical difficulties. 

Edited by Strange

Just a final note from me; We would have a more peaceful world if countries wouldn't permanently teach/instruct/advise others. Accept that every country has his own pace of development and the need to do own experiences. In my opinion, the way HOW for example the US interfere other states causes only more aggression.

Dream on y'all, there is no democracy and especially not in the US. But, they are the first to point a finger at another for being not so democratic. Happened to Thailand too, remember?

Duterte is indeed a bit bold, much, and he will pay for it with his life as happens so many times. Car/drone accident, air crash, the poison cup, the bullit. It is all available to read.

US presidency is under world elite control so it cannot help itself.

But...I find it amusing, this guy fighting the powers that be. SOB's need to go to hell, yeehaa.

This smacks of Chinese tinkering - probably paying Duterte off to say what the want him to say.

it makes no sense given that the Philippines is in conflict with China over the Scarborough shoal and Spratley Islands/Nine Dash line dispute.

China would love to see the US out of the Philippines then it can exercise and project its power in this important sealane.

23 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

This smacks of Chinese tinkering - probably paying Duterte off to say what the want him to say.

it makes no sense given that the Philippines is in conflict with China over the Scarborough shoal and Spratley Islands/Nine Dash line dispute.

China would love to see the US out of the Philippines then it can exercise and project its power in this important sealane.

I share your sentiment.

The main condition for a favorable settlement of the South China Sea conflict probably goes through a semi-break with the USA.

Then a partnership of mutual protection with China.

So, now Mr. Dutertre execute the first part of the contract ...

6 hours ago, siam2007 said:

Thousands ?  Recently he said he will kill THREE MILLION !

So expect that basically EVERY Filipino family will lose a relative because he/she is "suspected" to use drugs.

Wonder if they will still tolerate this rabid dog then....

You take exaggerating to a new level.

RUMORS are that 3000 have been killed, while 800.000 so far have been arrested, and you are already talking about 3 million killed.

GO Duterte GO

Its not the drugs. Its the people taking them and selling them with the underlying problems. Easy to lay blame but its a social issue and hes killing people for it. Anyone that agrees with this moron has obviously never dabbled in drugs nor has any sort of respect for life. Sure drugs can bring out the worst in some but its no excuse for murder. Why not kill all the alcoholics why your at it. Or better, yourself you loud mouth peice of #*"$. Please someone take him out. Hes a murder. Apparently was before becoming president. Punishment should fit the crime.

2 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

Its not the drugs. Its the people taking them and selling them with the underlying problems. Easy to lay blame but its a social issue and hes killing people for it

He's killing dealers resisting arrest, and that is also what he said.What do you expect that the police say "please" when they arrest a dealer.

Take also note that Duterte hasn't killed one of them himself, it is the law enforcers that have the choice, kill or get killed.