Yes, it is possible to get taxes refunded if you pay too much. I'm a teacher and the school's HR department where I work simply withholds the same amount of tax for all teachers. Though who can claim for exemptions such as being married etc then receive a tax refund cheque from the local tax office in August or September each year. 

Yes absolutely. But are you sure that you pay too much tax? I assume that the company pays in your tax every month and if you really pay too much depends on how much they pay in, not what's on the work permit

You can go to the Revenue department and ask for certified copies of your tax return for the last couple of years. The Thai personal income tax form is called P.N.D 91. (ภ.ง.ด.91) . If you're in Bangkok, then it's on Soi Aree, just drive up the soi a few hundred meters looking for the tall blue buildings just to the right, bring your passport...,  go up to the 27th floor if your tax return was done via the internet. I can't remember which floor it is if tax was manually handed in but you can ask the female guard who gives you the "guest card", she will know