Palmy's potholes patched up - but Prayut promised punishment, says mum

webfact

1 hour ago, AGareth2 said:

sad thing is

the holes will be back

it is the rainy season

and the quality of the materials used

nice little earner for the municapality

I agree, they never  repair them properly,  just bandaid over them,   never dig out any loose gravel or compact a base,, I seen ones here in Patong that have been  " repaired "  3 times in about a  month,   and due to be done again..   !!!!  

Ha Ha  . . . . next time there is a ladyboy bashing fest on Thai Visa, refer to the posters who wanted a quick soapy etc . . . LMAO. Some people will get even more bitter and twisted now, I bet!

'It's the ladyboys fault I have a boner, I'm NOT Gay! I'm NOT, I'm NOT, I'm NOT!!!

PUNISH HER!!!!!

Edited by RawboneFunksta

1 hour ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

on the surface it looks like the problem has been fixed (for now) and all is well. but you know why the mum is so upset? because the ladyboy son has caused the local officials to loose face so life may be tricky for them in the future. they should have just put up with the pot holes.

"on the surface it looks like the problem has been fixed (for now)"

Lol, isn't that the purpose of a pothole, to 'appear to be' fixed, but not really?

Two more cubes of buffalo dung and hay for this one Charlie, I fink we're gonna need it.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Road maintenance is negligible here; it's not just potholes (they've just fixed one off Thepprasit that you could hide a pick-up in) but lighting.  I travel back from Pattaya twice a week during the hours of darkness and there are always stretches of Sukhumvit where the lights have failed.  Spotting a speeding motor bike with no back lights is impossible.  Why do police never check rear lights when milking victims at road blocks?

They are also 'excused' rear lights  here on Samui !   &nb

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

But the mother of Palmy - who is actually a lady boy

Interesting...........immaculate conception???

So where are all the posters now who expressed their desire to bathe with her anytime/anywhere???

2 hours ago, Shiver said:

"on the surface it looks like the problem has been fixed (for now)"

Lol, isn't that the purpose of a pothole, to 'appear to be' fixed, but not really?

Two more cubes of buffalo dung and hay for this one Charlie, I fink we're gonna need it.

one problem may be fixed but it may have caused a much worse one.

Strange how from where i am the roads r constructed by the very same nationalites that construct the roads here, while the roads from my country r always in good shape even after heavy rain but the roads here seems to suffer every time the rain falls. Different materials used? 

Seems to be a dismal lack of initiative and foresight at all levels of government below the PM,   although I'm sure there's the ever-present funding/budget/contractual aspect to it.

It's as if the plethora of civil servants in Amphurs and palatial Provincial Government Offices, don't exist.  It takes a high body count or a crisis/epidemic reported on Facebook to get the attention of the media and, in turn, causes the PM to swing into action, issuing obvious orders (and funds?) down the dysfunctional chain of command before anyone does anything that they should of done already.

I would like to think the PM, as a retired military man, as am I, is frustrated having to deal with this level of incompetence and impotent jobsworths who must be embarrassed into fixing a pot hole,  or spray to help keep the mozzies down BEFORE hundreds of people get ill and/or die from Dengue, or to get off their asses and clean out klongs and sluices to keep water draining properly.       

I'm sure there are conscientious and capable Thais in the government system, but along with funding, suspect there is a systemic problem with delegation of authority, aggravated by the culture - Thainess.   Keep 'em crawling around on their knees in homogeneous subservience, Wai deeply and pray you'll make it to 60 and a pension without drawing too much attention one way or the other.

6 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

sad thing is

the holes will be back

it is the rainy season

and the quality of the materials used

nice little earner for the municapality

Yes, much like the new turn lane coming from westbound Chlaermprakiat underpass onto Second Road in Pattaya.

The buses and other traffic, have turned the thin veneer of asphalt into a loose, bumpy mess that will deteriorate without much needed attention. I can only wish.

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

But the mother of Palmy - who is actually a lady boy

Interesting...........immaculate conception???

More like immaculate misinterpretation, however...

I wouldn't be surprised, if in popular folklore, Palmy of the Potholes is noted as been born of man. We have to remember that these people are of the ilk that believe a flying elephant carrying an orchid crashed into a woman and impregnated her 

10 hours ago, aussieinthailand said:

That will come in good time.

Criticizing the junta is a crime now is it not??

There's a few roads around here that a person could not just sit n take a bath in but actually do lap's in,  meanwhile back at the zoo, the local officials have organized their week away to attend a "seminar" at Phuket at the public's expense and no I'm not taking the p*ss...

she didnt criticize junta, but lazy  officials in her ampoe