Thai Income Tax - Scaled or Absolute ?

It is incremental. You pay the the rates for each of the ranges your yearly income falls under.  So I am paying 5% on that part of my income in the table, 10% on the subsequent part, 15% on the next etc. 

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

It is incremental. You pay the the rates for each of the ranges your yearly income falls under.  So I am paying 5% on that part of my income in the table, 10% on the subsequent part, 15% on the next etc. 

Cheers, did a spreadsheet, but did not add up, both absolute and incremental. found the error and is about right now.

for what its worth, Tisco has a great online calculator ( below ) - jut found it 

Tisco

Edited by skippybangkok

Don't forget that next year the deductions/allowances change so you should have a few more Baht in your pocket starting from January 2017.  The only downside is that while you can still get deductions for LTFs, the minimum holding period has increased from 5 to 7 years (unless you are willing to pay back all that tax you have already saved on them).  

Don't forget that next year the deductions/allowances change so you should have a few more Baht in your pocket starting from January 2017.  The only downside is that while you can still get deductions for LTFs, the minimum holding period has increased from 5 to 7 years (unless you are willing to pay back all that tax you have already saved on them).  

Arrgg... 7 years, in essence then 5 as everyone does December , wait year, and then take out Jan year after, which counts as 3.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

4 hours ago, skippybangkok said:

Arrgg... 7 years, in essence then 5 as everyone does December , wait year, and then take out Jan year after, which counts as 3.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes. So what what 5 was actually 3 and what will be 7 will actually be 5.